HLC/Bicer/ASMED (Turkey) vs. Eugenix/Darling Buds (India)

aurasphere

Hi,

I am a male, 26, of Indian decent living in Toronto. I am debating between HLC, Bicer, ASMED in Turkey vs. Eugenix, Darling Buds in India.

From what I've read - hair transplants can be quite hit or miss in India and I know Turkey is a very popular destination if you can avoid the hairmills. Based off the research so far I've found the above clinics to be best in Turkey and India. 

I frequently visit India which is why I would prefer one of the India clinics - but are the Turkey ones mentioned far superior? Is it worth for me to travel to Turkey over a place I usually frequent anyway? Does anyone have any experience?

One thing that concerned me with Eugenix is that they only do DHI - but I was informed through some consultations that I am not a candidate for DHI and only for FUE? I have yet to consult with eugenix - but figured I'd ask around here first!

Edited by aurasphere

Eugenix doesn't do DHI. Their method is called Direct Hair Transplantation (DHT) which is published and peer reviewed. DHT is a modified form of FUE where simultaneous extraction and implantation allows the extracted grafts to have the least out of body time increasing their chances of survival.

Edited by Drish

• Valued Contributor

Eugenix. I was knocked back by Dr Bhatti in person during a consultation with him to use scalp and beard grafts. He said it couldn't be done. I returned from Eugenix to Australia two weeks ago and had 8,723 grafts harvested with still over another 1K plus in the bank if I need more. Go with Eugenix. 👌

• Like 2

I've only seen good results from Eugenix.

Darling Buds is controversial if I remember correctly -- I'd avoid at all costs. ASMED declined in quality, but was pretty incredible 5+ years ago. Bicer is a solid choice in Turkey.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your feedback everyone! Eugenix is currently quoting me some really high prices - if I want it done with Dr.Sethi/Bansal its aroudn the same if not more than what I'd be paying in Canada? They're also charging an 18% GST - is that common?

Is there exclusive package still good? I know it mentions senior doctor and no involvement from Dr.Arika - but I've heard people on here say Dr.Arika was involved for those that took the exclusive package.

Edited by aurasphere

We've seen some great results out of Eugenix. It isn't always clear which package they selected. The top package with Dr. Sethi is 2x-3x the price than the Turkish clinics you mention. 

Do you know how many grafts you need? And what about your budget?

3 hours ago, aurasphere said:

Thanks for all your feedback everyone! Eugenix is currently quoting me some really high prices - if I want it done with Dr.Sethi/Bansal its aroudn the same if not more than what I'd be paying in Canada? They're also charging an 18% GST - is that common?

Is there exclusive package still good? I know it mentions senior doctor and no involvement from Dr.Arika - but I've heard people on here say Dr.Arika was involved for those that took the exclusive package.

Aura, you didn't fully reference which pricing option you were quoted for.  I think you might have asked about the Super Premium Package.  If that's the case, then it appears the only difference is the doctor doing some of the implantation herself, with the rest done by techs.  I think what you will typically find in the industry are the implantations all done by techs, with the doctor doing the extraction and slit making.  Since Eugenix does more of a direct extraction to implanting, by cutting out the techs for part of the latter it would be more of just the doctor doing all the work and I would guess it would take her longer than if more people were simultaneously doing the transplant?

Right now, the conversion from Indian rupee to Canadian dollars makes this Super Premium package cost $5.89 in your currency.  The regular Premium package would cost $3.54 per graft CND.  Do you really need the Super Premium?  I'd ask around and find out from people if you really get any different end result.

image.png.3a9c7574578e5bad8107997e354755c7.png

5 hours ago, Z-- said:

I've only seen good results from Eugenix.

Darling Buds is controversial if I remember correctly -- I'd avoid at all costs. ASMED declined in quality, but was pretty incredible 5+ years ago. Bicer is a solid choice in Turkey.

Good luck!

There used to be a lot of posts of Bhatti results here on the forum.  I was thinking about going with him but opted for a surgeon stateside.  It seemed that when some of the results went negative on Bhatti all of a sudden, and when he was removed as a Recommended doctor that no more new before/after photos were shared here.  It's hard to say if his service has gone back up or not.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

Aura, you didn't fully reference which pricing option you were quoted for.  I think you might have asked about the Super Premium Package.  If that's the case, then it appears the only difference is the doctor doing some of the implantation herself, with the rest done by techs.  I think what you will typically find in the industry are the implantations all done by techs, with the doctor doing the extraction and slit making.  Since Eugenix does more of a direct extraction to implanting, by cutting out the techs for part of the latter it would be more of just the doctor doing all the work and I would guess it would take her longer than if more people were simultaneously doing the transplant?

Right now, the conversion from Indian rupee to Canadian dollars makes this Super Premium package cost $5.89 in your currency.  The regular Premium package would cost $3.54 per graft CND.  Do you really need the Super Premium?  I'd ask around and find out from people if you really get any different end result.

image.png.3a9c7574578e5bad8107997e354755c7.png

Thanks and I'd be more than happy with the premium package - but my concern is that the premium package was actually the exclusive package last year. They have doubled their prices last year. Their premium package was 120 INR + 18% last year and now its 210 INR + 18%. I'm not sure it's worth it at these prices as opposed to other names in Turkey - they seem to have gotten really popular and just marked up their rates as a result

Edited by aurasphere

On 2/11/2022 at 12:13 AM, aurasphere said:

they seem to have gotten really popular and just marked up their rates as a result

It is not humanely possible for just 2 doctors to do 3-4 surgeries every single day and dish out the same consistent results time after time. I am glad they increased the price instead of going the easier route of hiring more technicians while keeping costs same. This will take a hit on the number of surgeries they do but they get to be more consistent with their results which I feel is more important than the cost itself.

Edited by Mggm

• Valued Contributor
On 2/11/2022 at 5:07 AM, AB2000 said:

There used to be a lot of posts of Bhatti results here on the forum.  I was thinking about going with him but opted for a surgeon stateside.  It seemed that when some of the results went negative on Bhatti all of a sudden, and when he was removed as a Recommended doctor that no more new before/after photos were shared here.  It's hard to say if his service has gone back up or not.

This is just my personal opinion. Today I feel lucky that Dr Bhatti knocked me back as a candidate when I had an in person consultation with him six years ago. I actually have a lot of respect for him. It's just that it meant that by being knocked back I accepted that I was never going to be a candidate for hair and then had an amazing SMP and forgot about having surgery and got on with my life. I still wanted hair - don't get me wrong. But I suddenly had a new look and the babes were back! 🤣 What I'm saying is that it bought me time to discover Eugenix a few years later and what they did for me three weeks ago could not have been done six years ago. Sometimes your 'poison of patience' is your cure. 👌

• Like 3

Once upon a time Dr B was the automatic “go too” guy for India, in a similar vein to Eugenix in the present day.

He has phenomenal experience and knowledge, but the clinic stopped producing reliable results. I really like Dr B as a person and enjoyed some good conversations with him. Problem is it’s just no longer a choice I would even consider. It’s more like a hair mill type model nowadays. 
A skilled Dr sure, but personally I think he should stick to learning/teaching going forward. Maybe have a protege Dr and get the quality of the results to improve..

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
29 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Once upon a time Dr B was the automatic “go too” guy for India, in a similar vein to Eugenix in the present day.

He has phenomenal experience and knowledge, but the clinic stopped producing reliable results. I really like Dr B as a person and enjoyed some good conversations with him. Problem is it’s just no longer a choice I would even consider. It’s more like a hair mill type model nowadays. 
A skilled Dr sure, but personally I think he should stick to learning/teaching going forward. Maybe have a protege Dr and get the quality of the results to improve..

Agree 100% with John. Dr B now seems to do a lot of educational videos on YouTube it seems and there definitely is a place for this that is lacking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JC71 said:

I think he should stick to learning/teaching going forward. Maybe have a protege Dr and get the quality of the results to improve..

I seem to remember reading or seeing one of his videos where he mentions his daughter has her own hair transplant clinic in India, and that it runs on a less expensive model than his.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, vermaj said:

Can someone point why Dr B is not recommended on this forum anymore ? I have done my procedure from him and he is quite skilled and I got good results 

Basically, his rep Shera was blackmailing a patient to remove his post here. His results no longer met our criteria as well, so for those two reasons we removed his recommendation.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.