What is Konier wait list at this time....

• Administrators
  • Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would say Konior's official waitlist is a year. 

However, literally every single Konior patient who I have seen on here, once they have booked the appt, they have gotten their surgeries moved up much much earlier than 1 yr. 

I'm not sure if this is due to COVID or what. But I think if you do book with Konior there is a 50/50 chance you can see him in 6 months or less. 

One guy on here got super lucky and saw him 2 weeks after booking......

3 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

I would say Konior's official waitlist is a year. 

However, literally every single Konior patient who I have seen on here, once they have booked the appt, they have gotten their surgeries moved up much much earlier than 1 yr. 

I'm not sure if this is due to COVID or what. But I think if you do book with Konior there is a 50/50 chance you can see him in 6 months or less. 

One guy on here got super lucky and saw him 2 weeks after booking......

I find this interesting.   A year wait? Wow.  

Edited by LaserCaps

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

22 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

I find this laughable.  A year wait? I may be dead tomorrow.  A year is a long time - who knows what we'll all be doing a year from now. If I was told there was a year wait, I would move on and find someone else.  Wonder how much business they're losing.

A surgical schedule of a clinic is complicated, particularly when all hair related services/techniques are offered.  Say a patient changes from a two day procedure to a one day procedure.  A slot would become available.  Other times the patient is just not ready and cancels.  Sometimes there are work related issues.  Sometimes there are staffing issues with the clinic.  Whatever.

Be real.

there are people on this website who have posted 1 yr long waits with Konior. Also its pretty well-known Cuoto has 1 yr waitlist just for consultations. Cooley's receptionist  told me a few weeks ago his wait time is 1 year +. 

So these are facts, I'm not pulling any strings or just wildly speculating. 

I do agree these extremely long waitlists are a huge turn off for patients. 

I myself am having a hair transplant in early June and even 4 months is too much to handle

Edited by SadMan2021

There certainly are many clinics who have waiting lists of over a year, some up to and over two years...

No one is saying that they don't have cancellation lists, of course they do, but try and book in with any top doctor in Europe at least and you'll most certainly find that their initial dates for you are a year or two away. Not sure what the 'be real' is about, it's common knowledge.

I had a 12/13 month waiting list for De Freitas when I contacted him a year or so ago, and that's on top of the initial 2-3 month reply for the online consultation, even longer for Couto who I couldn't even get in touch with. Ferreira is now not even taking consultations he is so busy, but I was told the next available date I could be booked in when I contacted him was about 10 months down the line.... the list goes on.

They're not losing any business, it's a direct result of their demand being much higher than their supply. They have a surplus of people wanting surgery with them, not the other way around.

• Thanks 2

Wow, things in Europe do work differently.  3-4 month wait I can understand.  1-2 years? I wonder if the doctors are doing their own consultations. Are these 1 doctor offices? Just curious.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

This thread right here sums up why hair mills are so popular. In a generation of Amazon Prime "Next Day" and immediate results, people want to also have the same for hair. 

There's way too much demand and not enough supply for quality doctors and clinics unfortunately. This is why when somebody finds a solution that supplants Finasteride, Minoxodil etc. and is more effective and reasonably priced, it's going to be a financial gang buster. 

• Like 1

I was under the impression that some surgeons in the U.S/Canada also had potential waiting times of up to a year or so (H&W, Konior and so on) but I've never tried to consult with any seeing as I'm in the UK, so maybe not, could be a more this side of the pond thing.

Yeah, they're all led by one doc, but some do multiple HT's per day and are more tech oriented than others. Ferreira and Pinto for example do everything themselves, from extractions to implantation, whilst others such as De Freitas and Couto take more of an overseeing approach with their their techs doing the extractions, and so on.

It is crazy though, I'm with you on that, especially people like Couto where you really struggle to even get a consultation let alone a date for surgery. If you do manage, you're looking at 2 years minimum! Personally I could never wait that long, up to a year I can understand, but more than that I would find someone else.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

If you do manage, you're looking at 2 years minimum! Personally I could never wait that long, up to a year I can understand, but more than that I would find someone else

yea I agree. Who knows where someone will be in  2 years? Maybe you will have a new job or life situation or some other reason you can't get a hair transplant. 

Very difficult planning surgery 1 or 2 years out. 

For my first Konior surgery I waited 15 months from booking to the surgical date. That was his first available and before Covid. My second was only a 5 month wait but he had only one date available within this time frame (assumed a cancellation). All other dates were around 12 months out. So, yes a year wait for the top surgeons is relatively standard. Especially if you go to a clinic where the surgeon works on one patient a day and does most of the work himself. 

Edited by BDK081522

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

I think work from home has made transplant feasible for a lot more people than before hence huge surge in demand in last 2 years and longer waiting period. I dont think this will change soon. But if flexible joining the cancellation list may speed up the process. You may be told to come for a surgery in few weeks in advance on a particular day.

21 minutes ago, TEXAN35 said:

I think work from home has made transplant feasible for a lot more people than before hence huge surge in demand in last 2 years and longer waiting period. I dont think this will change soon. But if flexible joining the cancellation list may speed up the process. You may be told to come for a surgery in few weeks in advance on a particular day.

I feel like the surge in hair transplant demand and the idea of working from home as a cover really just goes to show the real root of the problem is that somehow men need to keep it like a dirty secret and not show anybody whilst we wait that 12 month period for the results. 

There's a stigma attached to the hair restoration procedure which is actually one of the few male dominated and popular cosmetic procedures yet for females, far less stigma augmenting with lip fillers, botox etc. 

We need a wholesale change in this attitude towards male cosmetic restoration for hair. Also, an increase in potential patient education. My brothers in his late 20s, he legitimately thought the hair extracted from the donor areas regenerated. That's another issue with Joe Public. They think it's a magic well. 

I think of it this way; i lived with my bald temples and reciding hairline for years, so it isn't problem to live with it another 6-12 months!

I contacted dr.Ferreira last year in april/may, after consultation i booked the surgery for November 4th so i waited ~6months for the surgery, but his assistant also offered me option to get surgery earlier if someone drops out.  Seems there are ppl who will change their mind in "last minute" and cancel surgery or something else preventing them.

So opting for top surgeon and waiting up to one year with chance to get it earlier is a ok situation imo. 

Money and waiting list of up to one year shouldn't be decisive factors in HT....natural look and donor hair are decisive factors! 

It does depend on the type of surgery you're getting.  If it's your first surgery and you require a megasession then you can expect to wait a year.  I do know for smaller procedures that there is more flexibility in doctor's schedules.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

30 minutes ago, rumblefish7194 said:

How about with Dr. Nadami? Does she have as long as a wait?

Check out the Chicago Hair Institute website and contact them.  They'll let you know what the wait would be.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I booked with Konior in the latter half of 2021 (and my surgery is scheduled for mid-2022). It is approximately a 10 month wait. I don't mind; I've heard there are sometimes cancellations and earlier availability, though that didn't happen in my case. I've lost just a tad more hair during this waiting period, so perhaps best to hold off until the actual date. Like other's mentioned, quality doctors tend to have wait times and I'd rather wait for any of the aforementioned doctors than go elsewhere and risk a subpar result.  

Edited by Z--