2812 Grafts | Clinica De Freitas, Valencia

GHTJourneya

• Administrators

Wow this is already growing crazy fast 🤩

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Also, need to ask how did you arrange the taxi or cab to the hotel and how smooth was the flight process. 

I guess this is one of my anxieties before going to my surgery for next year. 

The clinic asked me if I needed a taxi to go back to my hotel and they booked it for me. They also provided me with food, water and everything I needed throughout the day

I stayed in Valencia an extra 5 days after my operation, just to make sure that I am close to the doctor should anything happens. Everything went smoothly, but I did not regret staying there extra days

I was a bit more cautious at the airport, mainly to avoid sunlight and not to hit my head. It was not as difficult as you might think. At the end of the day you don't go around bumping your head when you travel normally, do you? 🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GHTJourneya said:

The clinic asked me if I needed a taxi to go back to my hotel and they booked it for me. They also provided me with food, water and everything I needed throughout the day

I stayed in Valencia an extra 5 days after my operation, just to make sure that I am close to the doctor should anything happens. Everything went smoothly, but I did not regret staying there extra days

I was a bit more cautious at the airport, mainly to avoid sunlight and not to hit my head. It was not as difficult as you might think. At the end of the day you don't go around bumping your head when you travel normally, do you? 🤣

They mentioned that I would probably need to take care of the taxi but they would book the hotel for me without problems. At the airport I think you should be fine though no? ahah Sunlight is unlikely to hit you unless there is a lot of sunlight going through the glass windows.

Maybe will have a word with them to see if they can sort the taxi out for myself as well because I am quite nervous about the travel and all that comes with it. 

In terms of bumping I guess after 5 days the numbness disappears so it helps? Fortunately it went all well for you so I guess you are alright.

Edited by TheGreatPretender

Progress is looking good. I just looked up Freitas clinic location and I'm surprised it's pretty close to Nord station. Thought it would be on the outskirts of Valencia. Did you wear anything post-op to protect against the sun or to cover up? Did they put you to sleep during the procedure or were you awake the whole time?

12 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Progress is looking good. I just looked up Freitas clinic location and I'm surprised it's pretty close to Nord station. Thought it would be on the outskirts of Valencia. Did you wear anything post-op to protect against the sun or to cover up? Did they put you to sleep during the procedure or were you awake the whole time?

The procedure was over around 8:30 p.m. but I had an umbrella with me just in case

Post-op: I avoided direct sunlight by not going out much and by having an umbrella with me at all times for the first month. During the second month I started wearing loose hats, but I don't like hats in general so more often than not I used a hood (hoodie, jacket or similar)

In FUE it is common for patients to be awake through the entire procedure, although some people sleep due to the medications

I felt very relaxed but I didn't sleep, it was a relatively easy operation. The most difficult part is dealing with your self-image during the first three months, especially when you look into the mirror and see that ugly duckling egg of a head 🐤

54 minutes ago, GHTJourneya said:

The procedure was over around 8:30 p.m. but I had an umbrella with me just in case

Post-op: I avoided direct sunlight by not going out much and by having an umbrella with me at all times for the first month. During the second month I started wearing loose hats, but I don't like hats in general so more often than not I used a hood (hoodie, jacket or similar)

In FUE it is common for patients to be awake through the entire procedure, although some people sleep due to the medications

I felt very relaxed but I didn't sleep, it was a relatively easy operation. The most difficult part is dealing with your self-image during the first three months, especially when you look into the mirror and see that ugly duckling egg of a head 🐤

Nice, I'm feeling by month 6-7 it's going to start looking real good when your hairs become thicker and more mature.

• 4 weeks later...

5 Months - completed 150 days

That was by far the biggest difference I have seen in these first 5 months. It looks like the hair has thickened, and it looks good even under bright lights or during daylight

(In one of the pictures I tried to separate the roots, so that you can see that the transplanted hair looks thinner than the native one, when taking photos perpendicular to the grafts)

front-far.jpg

front-a.jpg

close-up.jpg

side-d.jpg

scattered.jpg

side-a.jpg

5 Months, 5 Days

I am shocked at how good it looks under bright sunlight, the roots are getting thicker and the hair more mature
I will try to take more detailed photos of the progress closer to 6 months

IMG_6387.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6385.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This photo was taken a day shy of 5.5 months, and I think that as time goes by, the amount of good hair days happen increases. (To be honest, though, I think that this angle helps a bit)

I decided to delay my second prp treatment to month 7.5, but I am still researching if PRPs are effective
My current routine includes dutasteride 2x/week, finasteride 5x/week, oral minoxidil daily and laser cap 3x/week (alongside with Ketoconazole shampoo 3x/week)

It looks like the length of my hair around the temples is 3 months shorter than the rest of my native hair, which now makes sense. That's another reason for waiting a complete year to see the results, which means a maximum hair length of 9 months, and that is if you don't have a proper haircut until then

5-5.jpg

Edited by GHTJourneya
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Absolutely amazing 🤩 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:06 AM, GHTJourneya said:

This photo was taken a day shy of 5.5 months, and I think that as time goes by, the amount of good hair days happen increases. (To be honest, though, I think that this angle helps a bit)

I decided to delay my second prp treatment to month 7.5, but I am still researching if PRPs are effective
My current routine includes dutasteride 2x/week, finasteride 5x/week, oral minoxidil daily and laser cap 3x/week (alongside with Ketoconazole shampoo 3x/week)

It looks like the length of my hair around the temples is 3 months shorter than the rest of my native hair, which now makes sense. That's another reason for waiting a complete year to see the results, which means a maximum hair length of 9 months, and that is if you don't have a proper haircut until then

5-5.jpg

Freitas is a wizard 🪄 🔥

• 3 weeks later...

6 months, 10-15 days (photos taken on different days)

@De Freitas Clinic is a gift from the skies

I will try to post a more formal update with more pictures, apologies, it's been a bit busy lately

Two big wins is that sometimes I do not use my hairdryer, and I am not concerned about windy places anymore!

IMG_6557 2.jpg

IMG_6716 2.jpg

IMG_67102.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2