2812 Grafts | Clinica De Freitas, Valencia

GHTJourneya

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m right there with you, shedding, are you doing anything to speed up the growth?

Thanks Melvin!

The only stimulant I am using at the moment is oral minoxidil (and some vitamins? Also I'm not sure if Ketoconazole shampoo 2% is considered a stimulant).

I will start using my laser cap (3x/week for 30') in 2-3 days from now, but I can see some really thick, short singles popping out, just a few.

Let me know if there is anything you are using to speed up the growth, too

• 4 weeks later...

2-month update:

No changes really, I believe I am just past the shedding phase. There is probably less redness and some of my native hair that went through shock loss are starting to grow again. I am feeling a bit low, but I guess everyone has to go through this tough phase. Hopefully things will change really soon.

Current treatment: oral minoxidil, fin interchanged with dut, laser cap (3x/week), washing 3x/week with Ketoconazole, the rest of the days with normal shampoo (Klorane)

side-2m.jpg

top2-2m.jpg

top-2m.jpg

back-2m.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for posting. It's definitely the toughest stage to be in. Looks like you're experiencing inflammation/redness still. Are you using Aloe for this? Hopefully you this subsides and growth is experienced in the next few weeks. I'm about 1 week past you and mine is finally mostly healed. I was lucky and didn't shed everything but like you I can't wait to fast forward through this phase. My anxiety has dropped a bunch now that I can see hairs growing. You chose a great Dr so now it's just a waiting game. Ate you still convinced you'll require another procedure? When is it scheduled for? 

48 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Thanks for posting. It's definitely the toughest stage to be in. Looks like you're experiencing inflammation/redness still. Are you using Aloe for this? Hopefully you this subsides and growth is experienced in the next few weeks. I'm about 1 week past you and mine is finally mostly healed. I was lucky and didn't shed everything but like you I can't wait to fast forward through this phase. My anxiety has dropped a bunch now that I can see hairs growing. You chose a great Dr so now it's just a waiting game. Ate you still convinced you'll require another procedure? When is it scheduled for? 

I do not think that redness is related to inflammation, but even if it is, I was told it is normal especially in areas that are more dense (closer to the actual hairline).

I do not need another operation, but I am going to do it to lower my hairline, it is scheduled in 1 year and 3 months from now.

How did alleviate your anxiety by the way?

I am going to update my before-after pictures soon, thanks for reminding me 

As far as redness, yes it's normal but I was just asking if you are doing anything about it? Like Aloe? Since at 2 months it still looks quite red. Could just be the camera though. I know in person mine is almost normal but if I take a picture it looks worse. 

16 hours ago, JoeMan said:

As far as redness, yes it's normal but I was just asking if you are doing anything about it? Like Aloe? Since at 2 months it still looks quite red. Could just be the camera though. I know in person mine is almost normal but if I take a picture it looks worse. 

I am not using anything in particular, but there might be some aloe in my Klorane shampoo. 

It is better than it was, and I think that the camera makes it look a bit worse than it actually is, as you said

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:41 AM, deeznuts said:

ah I see the NW5 pattern that Dr. De Freitas was talking about. Good eye by him. Man, that makes me nervous going in to him...

Any more updates?

Did I mention NW5? I think my case was a NW2-3 with some diffuse thinning, although it looks much worse right now due to shock loss.

In general, I think if you are >NW2, you should do 2 operations to achieve the best result. Not only can you fix whatever went wrong with the first one, but you will also hurt your donor area less. Hopefully I don't have to shave my head again for the next operation

On 1/20/2022 at 4:12 AM, GHTJourneya said:

I did not have pay a deposit for my second intervention. But I was insisting, saying "I want another one, please give me another one, what do I have to do, who do I need to contact now? Tell me I need to know now!" like a child, so I am sure they were pretty convinced I am going to pay, but nevertheless they didn't ask for anything.

I was hoping I would be able to have a perfectly straight line, hence I booked the second one. I think the current one still looks a bit like a flying eagle, but I am under the impression that when it grows it actually goes a bit lower, due to the different angles the hair grows at, plus a tiny bit of thickness, or curve if you wish.

I have a PRP/evaluation session in three months from now (included in the price), so it is very likely that I will know more about my second operation at that time.

They suggested a 3-month PRP session for me, too, within the assessment.

How do you feel about this?  PRP is something of controversial topic, and I'm left to wonder if the increased growth factors happen because of the needles physically poking holes in the scalp (just like micro needling) and not the actual substances -- seems to be continued disagreement or guessing with how to mix the platelets, how much to inject, locations/frequency.

Interestingly, I believe the other De F patients on here (Adam, Bjorn) didn't do any PRP, so this seems to be a newer strategy by the clinic.  But the cost appears baked into the totality of the procedure, so wouldn't hurt to try if it might expedite new growth.

Edited by Harry Bosch

3 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

They suggested a 3-month PRP session for me, too, within the assessment.

How do you feel about this?  PRP is something of controversial topic, and I'm left to wonder if the increased growth factors happen because of the needles physically poking holes in the scalp (just like micro needling) and not the actual substances -- seems to be continued disagreement or guessing with how to mix the platelets, how much to inject, locations/frequency.

Interestingly, I believe the other De F patients on here (Adam, Bjorn) didn't do any PRP, so this seems to be a newer strategy by the clinic.  But the cost appears baked into the totality of the procedure, so wouldn't hurt to try if it might expedite new growth.

Both PRP and microneedling bring growth factors, which is a good thing. It may speed up your recovery and even stimulate native hairs, but I do not see it as something that is absolutely necessary. For what it's worth it can only be beneficial rather than harmful.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, GHTJourneya said:

Did I mention NW5? I think my case was a NW2-3 with some diffuse thinning, although it looks much worse right now due to shock loss.

In general, I think if you are >NW2, you should do 2 operations to achieve the best result. Not only can you fix whatever went wrong with the first one, but you will also hurt your donor area less. Hopefully I don't have to shave my head again for the next operation

Ah I could've swore I read NW5. Going back now I don't see a single mention of it aside from the fact that you're diffuse lol. Idk why I thought NW5.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, deeznuts said:

Ah I could've swore I read NW5. Going back now I don't see a single mention of it aside from the fact that you're diffuse lol. Idk why I thought NW5.

Same..maybe it was edited? I swear I remember NW5 too but maybe we're both crazy 🤪 lol

• Haha 1

Looks excellent. Great hairline design as always IMO from Dr De Freitas. 

I’m just incredibly puzzled as to why you would need to go back for a 2nd procedure on your hairline after this?! 
the hairline looks great!? Surely you would want to save any grafts for future retake than lower the hairline more??

• Administrators

I really can’t wait for your results man, Dr. De Freitas is on another level. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

3 Month Update

Some progress, but not much, but my donor area and my shock loss have been recovered. I just had a PRP session which is supposed to promote some growth.

I think that the photos below look a bit better than the actual situation, as native hairs from the back get longer and partially cover or shade the transplanted area.

So far my progress is on par with the expected growth curves. I will try to find high quality photos from right before the operation, too.

close-c.jpeg

side-c.jpeg

front-c.jpg

far-c.jpg

front-top-c.jpg

top-c.jpg

donor-c.jpeg

close-right-c.jpeg

• Like 1

It looks like I cannot my original post anymore, here are some before photos.

Unfortunately it is not still very clear where my hairline is as hairs from the back cover the front line, but for what it's worth I put them here.

(If you can edit my original, please move these there, thank you)

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

DESIRED.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

4 Months

Some progress, hairs are getting longer, some more hairs are sprouting, but still a long way to go
I can place myself in a relatively dark room, use a hair drier and my fingers to pull my hair back and make it all hair look more dense than it actually is. But I do not like that, so my photos attached are in a standard room during daylight and open windows. I let my hair dry naturally after having a shower, and instead of pulling them back, I try to take my photos straight through the grafts, to show you the bald truth 👩‍🦲

I believe I am an average grower, not too fast, but not too slow either. 

Current routine: 5mg oral minoxidil + 1mg finasteride (but some days I swap finasteride with 0.5mg dutasteride) + vitamins + laser cap + ketoconazole 2% 3x/week

left-d.jpg

side-d.jpg

darker-d.jpg

front-d.jpg

side-side-d.jpg

• Like 1

Update: 4 months, 1 week

I noticed some improvement in the last week that appears to be somewhat more significant compared to the previous weeks, but it might just be that the hairs are getting longer, I am not exactly sure.

The front hairline grows a bit faster compared to the area from the temples towards the crown

(photo attached was taken outdoors, in daylight)

day-light.jpg

• Like 1