I’ve heard mixed reviews on Eugenix

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Mattk494 said:

@Curious25

so it is best to go with a good surgeon in the USA maybe and break it into 2-3 sessions since I’m such a young age? I’ve looked and come across Konior, Gabel and True and Dorion as possible doctors here in the US. There is a long wait list but it might be worth it. 

I’d be happy with the front filled in and some of the crown. 

The location is unimportant - what matters is the quality of the clinic you choose. If you can afford to go to a top clinic in the US, by all means do so. There's not a great deal of difference between the skill and quality of all the top doctors around the world.

As for strategising your surgeries, that's something you need to speak with the clinics about as they will be best placed to inform you.

• Administrators

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think you’re a good candidate at all. Hasson and Wong turned you down for a reason. Now you’re going on threads and saying disparaging things about results. This leads me to believe your expectations are unrealistic. 5,000 grafts will not give you a full head of hair, and no matter which doctor or where you go, it will not be guaranteed. In North America, it’ll probably be double the cost, as the best charge $8-14 per graft. My advice is to try shaving or smp

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

The location is unimportant - what matters is the quality of the clinic you choose. If you can afford to go to a top clinic in the US, by all means do so. There's not a great deal of difference between the skill and quality of all the top doctors around the world.

As for strategising your surgeries, that's something you need to speak with the clinics about as they will be best placed to inform you.

There’s not a great deal of difference between Sethi, Hasson, Konior, De Freitas, etc. That’s the truth, these guys are the top of the top, and as such, should be paid accordingly, regardless of location. That said, I truly don’t believe this guy’s a good candidate for a multitude of reasons.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

What makes me not a good candidate?

is it my age and aggressiveness of hairloss? As well as my donor area?

I don’t mean to be negative I just want to understand why I might not be a good candidate.

Eugenix said I was a good candidate based on the photos I sent them and so have other top doctors like Konior. 

I don’t mean to be rude or anything. I’m just curious 

i tried shaving but I have a large birth mark on my head. Maybe I can get that removed. 

Edited by Mattk494

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

is it my age and aggressiveness of hairloss? As well as my donor area?

I don’t mean to be negative I just want to understand why I might not be a good candidate.

Eugenix said I was a good candidate based on the photos I sent them and so have other top doctors like Konior. 

I don’t mean to be rude or anything. I’m just curious 

i tried shaving but I have a large birth mark on my head. Maybe I can get that removed. 

Your aggressive hair loss. 
Your age. 
Most importantly your expectations. Combined, you get a bad candidate. 

You are what I would call a red flag patient.  Young, may be acting on emotions, instead of thinking it out clearly. Aggressive hair loss that isn’t stabilized. Wants a full head of hair, but realistically, hair transplants are only an illusion. 

We don’t sell hair transplants here, we give the truth. I would much rather tell you don’t get a hair transplant, than you get one and be disappointed and resentful, which I can definitely see. 

View my thread

@Melvin- ModeratorThabk you for your insight. I will take it to heart. I think I will just get a hair transplant to restore my front hair line and use fibers for my crown. My hairloss has almost stabilized except for the front. The crown is stabilized and has been for the last 2 years.

but I will give long thought to it. Since my hairloss is so bad at a young age maybe a hair system would be better despite the maintenance.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

@Melvin- ModeratorThabk you for your insight. I will take it to heart. I think I will just get a hair transplant to restore my front hair line and use fibers for my crown. My hairloss has almost stabilized except for the front. The crown is stabilized and has been for the last 2 years.

but I will give long thought to it. Since my hairloss is so bad at a young age maybe a hair system would be better despite the maintenance.

A hair system may be something you should consider. Definitely try it, before getting an HT. Surgery should be a last resort. 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Mattk494 said:

@Curious25

so it is best to go with a good surgeon in the USA maybe and break it into 2-3 sessions since I’m such a young age? I’ve looked and come across Konior, Gabel and True and Dorion as possible doctors here in the US. There is a long wait list but it might be worth it. 

I’d be happy with the front filled in and some of the crown. 

Personally, I would choose this option, yes. 

• Administrators

The reality is, you need 10k grafts. You will have full coverage with 5k but not density. I’ve had 9k grafts and I have full coverage but will still not be fully dense, this is the reality. Again, I don’t think you’re a candidate unless you can be okay with the reality of hair transplants. 

#1- There’s no guarantees or money back refunds, even if you’re dissatisfied. 

#2- You will need multiple procedures. 

#3- Your head will never be perfect or fully dense.

#4- You need to be on preventive medication, as the bottom portion of your crown is heavily miniaturized and will continue to bald.

C979A089-0621-4A64-8787-AA3ACBB4878A.jpeg

View my thread

2 hours ago, Mattk494 said:

A great doctor will be able to maximize what they can do with 5,000 grafts, but since you are on a balding trajectory that is perhaps more extensive than you understand, what will happen some time down the line is that you will come back online and complain that your hair transplant was done poorly and you will disparage the clinic.  At least this is what it looks like based on your behavior.  We've seen it before here as this forum has been around for what, 20 years now?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

A great doctor will be able to maximize what they can do with 5,000 grafts, but since you are on a balding trajectory that is perhaps more extensive than you understand, what will happen some time down the line is that you will come back online and complain that your hair transplant was done poorly and you will disparage the clinic.  At least this is what it looks like based on your behavior.  We've seen it before here as this forum has been around for what, 20 years now?

Exactly! 

View my thread

I am on preventive medicine and have been for 2 years. I just started late cause my barber failed to point it out. I’d be fine with 5k and using fibers the rest of my life.

@hairman22

You think Pitella is better than Eugenix for my case?

I understand I will need more procedures in the future. This is obvious. 

3 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

I am on preventive medicine and have been for 2 years. I just started late cause my barber failed to point it out. I’d be fine with 5k and using fibers the rest of my life.

@hairman22

You think Pitella is better than Eugenix for my case?

I understand I will need more procedures in the future. This is obvious. 

Yeah i think Pitella is better.

Eugenix are brillant too though. Id rank 1 zarev 2 Pitella 3  Eugenix

@Mattk494 With your advanced hairloss at such a young age, you will need multiple homerun surgeries. And even then, you may not reach a NW1 hairline and/or your crown may still be showing a bit and/or density might not be great. 

Also I could easily see you entering NW 7 which would really be a thorn for future surgeries. 

I'm not trying to persuade you any which way on what to do. Please just understand if you go the HT route, you are signing up for a marathon, not a sprint, and at the finish line you might not even be a NW 1 still. 

1 hour ago, Mattk494 said:

What about the people who go to Eugenix? Are they typically older and that’s why they don’t neeed multiple surgeries? The high Norwood cases I mean. 

I have never been to Eugenix and am not a Norwood 6. But based on my experience on this site, essentially zero NW 6 patients will get full NW1 - type coverage, even if they go to an elite clinic, after just 1 surgery. It is possible to go from NW 6-> NW 1, but this is an incredibly hard result, and you absolutely will need multiple surgeries. 

NW6+ patients who stop after 1 surgery stop because they are happy with their NW3 hairlines (which on its own is an impressive achievement from NW 6) or they ran out of donor area, or they ran out of money or maybe they just don't want to bother with the hassle of another surgery. 

Edited by SadMan2021

4 hours ago, Mattk494 said:

What about the people who go to Eugenix? Are they typically older and that’s why they don’t neeed multiple surgeries? The high Norwood cases I mean. 

I think why some of us got a bit upset on this is because both the clinic and various patients of Eugenix have been posting several results in these forums the past couple of years.  Compared to any number of other surgeons out there across the world this one place has a lot of concrete results to go by, and they appear to be very consistent.  If you check out the "Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients" and "Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics" sections there are several threads with Eugenix stories.  Per patient it doesn't seem like there are several surgeries, often a single or sometimes a follow up.  The size usually range from 2,000 to 4,000 grafts.  If you are heading in with 5,000 you will get about as good a result as you can, but your native hair might continue to recede.

When I started my first transplant I still had some frontal hair up top, but between then and now the native hair has gone away and I'm only left with transplanted ones.  Which is fine if the surgeon anticipates your future hair loss pattern and governs the surgery accordingly.  I don't know for certain about the effectiveness of Fin to stop hairloss as I've n ever tried it but the place I went to for my HT's said the medication won't stop the loss in the long term.

Edited by AB2000

9 hours ago, Mattk494 said:

It’s not so much about age, but about risk mitigation. 

If you have a 28y/o NW6 and a 50y/o NW6 who has been like that since he was 28, with equal donors etc - restoring one with a mega session will be higher risk than restoring one with 3 surgeries of smaller graft numbers. 

Mega sessions risk losing a large majority of your irreplaceable grafts, if something goes wrong.

If something goes wrong in a smaller sized surgery, you risk losing a smaller cross section of irreplaceable grafts.