4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, kiwidan said:

Oral Minoxidil messes with your collagen production. As such some people get bags under their eyes and droopy aging looking skin. 

I’m not saying that’d happen to you but it happened to me and it’s a known side effect. 

People get bags without minoxidil. Hard to say if it’s minoxidil or normal aging. Similar to fin and ED, sometimes correlation doesn’t equal causation.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/8/2022 at 2:00 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

People get bags without minoxidil. Hard to say if it’s minoxidil or normal aging. Similar to fin and ED, sometimes correlation doesn’t equal causation.

Melvin would you mind taking some pictures in natural light without product please?

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

Melvin would you mind taking some pictures in natural light without product please?

Do you mean outside? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

I took these photos now in natural light. I’m very pleased with how the crown looks in direct light 😁 

B1C5C0E1-03D2-485B-A481-06F77D099747.jpeg

7D72C800-EB97-4BE5-AE0E-6E55A79EC01D.jpeg

EABFFB69-C33C-4A55-B2DD-6B38162421FE.jpeg

8717511D-C0F4-42CE-81A1-F2B4A2DD5EF6.jpeg

49479D36-7B1A-48FB-A40A-910C590D4B90.jpeg

• Like 13

View my thread

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Looks great....    Homerun.   

How short you think your hair is on the sides?  

I'm afraid to get shorter then #3 on clippers.   I feel the fue wound he noticeable.  

I cut my hair on Friday 1/2 guard. 

View my thread

• Administrators

Here’s a better donor shot and beard shot. Forget to include my beard as well. I can’t tell a difference at all in the beard. I feel like I could easily get another 1,500 grafts. 4C50DEFF-26B8-498E-8D44-539B595E7A40.jpegA9D512FF-379B-4ECC-A987-7BC8C9E8BA87.jpeg

View my thread

On 8/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Whats been the general consensus on this? If you stop Minoxidil, oral or not, do the baggy eyes and droopy skin relieve themselves? Or is this something that just kind of "sticks" for a while? 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

On your next update, can you show what your hair looks like soaking wet and also something like towel-dried wet?

Good idea, I will definitely do it next update.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, CaliforniaLiving said:

The temple points really make a HUGE difference.

Your crown has improved dramatically too- only a bit of topik when you leave and it will look perfect.

Agreed, the temples have been a game changer. It's that small detail that makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Ganderson said:

Whats been the general consensus on this? If you stop Minoxidil, oral or not, do the baggy eyes and droopy skin relieve themselves? Or is this something that just kind of "sticks" for a while? 

That's assuming minoxidil causes bags. Bags may be caused by lack of sleep, nutrition, or just aging. I don't believe there is any consensus that bags can be directly attributed to minoxidil.

View my thread

31 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That's assuming minoxidil causes bags. Bags may be caused by lack of sleep, nutrition, or just aging. I don't believe there is any consensus that bags can be directly attributed to minoxidil.

I think the idea is that minoxidil causes water retention. This is actually a proven side effect in many that take it orally. I think it’s more referring to “puffy eyes” rather than eye bags but both end up giving the look of tiredness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

I think the idea is that minoxidil causes water retention. This is actually a proven side effect in many that take it orally. I think it’s more referring to “puffy eyes” rather than eye bags but both end up giving the look of tiredness

This is what I experienced. A quick Google shows there are other members here who experienced these sides too. Some even uploaded photos.

I took photos and my puffy eyes went back to normal after 20 ish days. 

I don’t think this is the place to talk oral minoxidil sides but I got them and relate to puffy eyes. You describe it better. Another known factual side is water retention in the ankles and breathing issues.

The good news is once you stop taking it everything goes back to normal.

Melvin - holy cow man your pics look great!!!! 

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here’s a better donor shot and beard shot. Forget to include my beard as well. I can’t tell a difference at all in the beard. I feel like I could easily get another 1,500 grafts. 4C50DEFF-26B8-498E-8D44-539B595E7A40.jpegA9D512FF-379B-4ECC-A987-7BC8C9E8BA87.jpeg

Melvin, when you shave down with a razor, are there no visible scars? At this length I agree, looks almost untouched

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HHH said:

Fantastic, looks like Eugenix delivered! Are you happy with the density as it looks great in natural light?

Very happy with the density, but it’s not perfect. I think that’s something we all have to accept. Even the very best results have weaknesses. 

• Like 5

View my thread

Yeah I HATE to ask but I'm so curious to see what it'd look like cut short. But as somebody who's had a HT, who's been happy for years with his results and hair style, I'd be loathe to do it myself so I get it 😂

• Like 1

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Very happy with the density, but it’s not perfect. I think that’s something we all have to accept. Even the very best results have weaknesses. 

Couldn't agree more with that point Melvin. Hopefully for you, more months of maturity get you closer to where you want to be from a density standpoint. From the looks of it right behind the hairline seems very dense, which makes sense because you had hair there before. Personally I like it when the first 3 to 4 rows aren't super dense. It gives such a natural look when it's a little diffused then gradually thickening to no transparency visually. Definitely see that being the case for you as the months progress.

• Like 4