hair of istanbul and asli tarcan be warned!!!

mmokin

these two are very popular destinations for afro hair transplants in turkey due to results on social media like youtube, instagram, google reviews etc but do no be fooled they are very much hair mills, in fact if you do not know the name of the doctor working on you never get the transplant done it could honestly be your biggest mistake.

a bad hair transplant is life ruining levels of bad, you can never spend too much for a good result.

i couldnt find any bad reviews of hoi that lead to my botch job but now since ive started posting about them i've been dm'd by about a dozen afro hair people in about a week who went hoi they shared there experiences with me and all were as bad or worse, in fact there experience mirrored mine alot, stuff like having no consultation or grafts being put in places the patient didnt want, overharvesting, poor growth etc, the same sweet talking at the end of 12 months about how " we are the only clinic that can fix this" from the customer rep Mehmet.

the more i found out about this i was shocked at how evil a clinic could be, how these people take no responsibility for the damage they do...

at this point i can say that going to turkey for a hair transplant is a bad idea full stop, there are only  a handful of good clinics namely HLC but even they have had there fair share of botched results and it honestly may be because of the ecosystem of turkish health tourism where profits are the only motivator and not patient satisfaction  becuase of the very leniant laws around healthcare.

going to above clinics is 100% a bad idea and never worth the risk especially the former as they arent even cheap

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmokin said:

these two are very popular destinations for afro hair transplants in turkey due to results on social media like youtube, instagram, google reviews etc but do no be fooled they are very much hair mills, in fact if you do not know the name of the doctor working on you never get the transplant done it could honestly be your biggest mistake.

a bad hair transplant is life ruining levels of bad, you can never spend too much for a good result.

i couldnt find any bad reviews of hoi that lead to my botch job but now since ive started posting about them i've been dm'd by about a dozen afro hair people in about a week who went hoi they shared there experiences with me and all were as bad or worse, in fact there experience mirrored mine alot, stuff like having no consultation or grafts being put in places the patient didnt want, overharvesting, poor growth etc, the same sweet talking at the end of 12 months about how " we are the only clinic that can fix this" from the customer rep Mehmet.

the more i found out about this i was shocked at how evil a clinic could be, how these people take no responsibility for the damage they do...

at this point i can say that going to turkey for a hair transplant is a bad idea full stop, there are only  a handful of good clinics namely HLC but even they have had there fair share of botched results and it honestly may be because of the ecosystem of turkish health tourism where profits are the only motivator and not patient satisfaction  becuase of the very leniant laws around healthcare.

going to above clinics is 100% a bad idea and never worth the risk especially the former as they arent even cheap

Sorry to read and see what happened with your situation - I completely understand why you're feeling the way you are and venting your frustrations.

Just wanted to say though that, whilst I agree with you in regards to HOI, Asli Tarcan, and any other hair-mill or cheap, package deal multiple patient per day clinic in Turkey, it's not fair to say that going to Turkey full stop is a bad idea, and it's especially unfair to call out a clinic such as HLC and tarnish their name by saying that they have a number of botched results, because they don't.

There may be a recent case or two on here where some patients have not been completely satisfied with their growth with said clinic, but this is not equivalent to a botch job in any way and it happens to every surgeon out there from time to time, no matter how good they are. 

A botch job refers to overharvested donor areas, mis-angled grafts or grafts implanted at the incorrect depth (which can cause pitting and cobblestoning, incorrect hair groupings placed at the hairline, excessive scarring, and so on. I don't think you'll find any such cases from HLC, nor from other reputable clinics like Pekiner, Keser or Bicer. 

• Like 3

ive talked to more people and supposedly the techs working are contracted and move between clinics, furthermore the results on youtube were asked to have there results documented for a discount possibly so they get the best techs working on them for more good publicity .

this sorta stuff is honestly just downright evil

3 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Sorry to read and see what happened with your situation - I completely understand why you're feeling the way you are and venting your frustrations.

Just wanted to say though that, whilst I agree with you in regards to HOI, Asli Tarcan, and any other hair-mill or cheap, package deal multiple patient per day clinic in Turkey, it's not fair to say that going to Turkey full stop is a bad idea, and it's especially unfair to call out a clinic such as HLC and tarnish their name by saying that they have a number of botched results, because they don't.

There may be a recent case or two on here where some patients have not been completely satisfied with their growth with said clinic, but this is not equivalent to a botch job in any way and it happens to every surgeon out there from time to time, no matter how good they are. 

A botch job refers to overharvested donor areas, mis-angled grafts or grafts implanted at the incorrect depth (which can cause pitting and cobblestoning, incorrect hair groupings placed at the hairline, excessive scarring, and so on. I don't think you'll find any such cases from HLC, nor from other reputable clinics like Pekiner, Keser or Bicer. 

yh fair point i dont know alot about HLC i made my opinion for this thread on this website:

they arent botched anywhere near as bad and could not be the clincs fault at all but if a patient isnt satisfied due to a large bald patch not growing etc than isnt 100% the best result arguing if its botched or not is a semantic arguement.

i take back what i say about HLC as they atleast have good doctors who know what they are doing 

If you look your going to find the good, bad and ugly for every single clinic worldwide. Yes even the elite Clinics/Drs and/or some of the ones recommended here on the forum. 
We can’t rule out Turkey entirely as they do have decent options - Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser, Dr Bicer, HLC, Dr Yaman, Dr Turan/Gur and Dr Demirsoy for example.

Not only can we find a range of results from every clinic worldwide you also will find similar issues no matter what country you look at. Here in the Uk we have very few decent options. In the US you have the chain clinics and others doing poor work. As for Australia It’s even tougher to find anyone doing decent work. 
What I’m saying is that we cannot start to rule out entire countries based on the worse clinics, we would fast run out ! 
But of course I do agree that Asli Tarcan + HOI are among the worst, especially with Afro hair. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JC71 said:

If you look your going to find the good, bad and ugly for every single clinic worldwide. Yes even the elite Clinics/Drs and/or some of the ones recommended here on the forum. 
We can’t rule out Turkey entirely as they do have decent options, they do Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser, Dr Bicer, HLC, Dr Yaman, Dr Turan/Gur and Dr Demirsoy for example.

Not only can we find a range of results from every clinic worldwide you also will find similar issues no matter what country you look at. Here in the Uk we have very few decent options. In the US you have the chain clinics and others doing poor work. As for Australia It’s even tougher to find anyone doing decent work. 
What I’m saying is that we cannot start to rule out entire countries based on the worse clinics, we would fast run out ! 
But of course I do agree that Asli Tarcan + HOI are among the worst, especially with Afro hair. 

im not ruling out turkey completely but if you were to go to a random clinic in india  or turkey vs a random clinic in literally anywhere in europe your odds of having a bad result are greater in the former to deny this is dishonest, its not just because of price either the actual standards of medical care are simply lower in the former countries.

hair transplant is a very delicate procedure with a lot of room for error, i thought turkey was known for having a good medical establishment but now i know the only reason they get health tourism is becuase of the turkish liras plummeting value

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mmokin said:

im not ruling out turkey completely but if you were to go to a random clinic in india  or turkey vs a random clinic in literally anywhere in europe your odds of having a bad result are greater in the former to deny this is dishonest, its not just because of price either the actual standards of medical care are simply lower in the former countries.

hair transplant is a very delicate procedure with a lot of room for error, i thought turkey was known for having a good medical establishment but now i know the only reason they get health tourism is becuase of the turkish liras plummeting value

Nope not true at all. India also has some awful clinics, infact some are producing some shocking work. Eugenix, Medispa are the most reliable but again the rest are mostly a massive risk. 
Same can be said for everywhere worldwide, over the last decade + i have seen poor work from just about everywhere ! 
If you consider who can be relied upon it’s actually not that bigger list. US may have some really good Clinics/Drs but take a look at Bosley of any other chain clinics (we have them here in the Uk too) some of the worst results you will find. 
Absolutely nothing dishonest in anything I wrote. 99.9% clinics can be ignored in Turkey, and pretty much the same for anywhere worldwide. Poor choices are everywhere.

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, mmokin said:

ive talked to more people and supposedly the techs working are contracted and move between clinics, furthermore the results on youtube were asked to have there results documented for a discount possibly so they get the best techs working on them for more good publicity .

this sorta stuff is honestly just downright evil

Money is king. Usually people have some morals but most of the clinic owners in Turkey seem to not care how the luxury villa they own and how the Lamborghini they are driving was paid for. They dont give a damn about you, they got your money. 

What is interesting is how the Turkish government can have this small insight in what is happening at these places, and its not just hair transplants, its all types of plastic surgery, dental work etc. 

"Last year 1 million 700 thousand foreign patients came to Turkey where health tourism revenue exceeded $ 12 billion USD. Turkey’s medical tourism sector predicts that this figure will reach $ 20 billion in 2023"

I guess this is the answer, money again.

• Like 2

Bottom line is for people to research carefully and not pay attention to marketing and the usual online reviews or cherry picked examples the clinics give.

Its only on a open and transparent forum such as this people will find real information and can find real patient reviews.

Unfortunately some will arrive too late, or others just won’t take our advice and will still go to the cheaper “mills” 

When it comes to Afro hair in particular then the choices become even fewer. It’s only Dr Mwamba, Dr Bisanga, Dr Lapunzula, Dr Feriduni and Dr Diep who are doing the best/most consistent work. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t think it’s fair to rule out all clinics in Turkey. There’s some good clinics and bad clinics everywhere.

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Nope not true at all. India also has some awful clinics, infact some are producing some shocking work. Eugenix, Medispa are the most reliable but again the rest are mostly a massive risk. 
Same can be said for everywhere worldwide, over the last decade + i have seen poor work from just about everywhere ! 
If you consider who can be relied upon it’s actually not that bigger list. US may have some really good Clinics/Drs but take a look at Bosley of any other chain clinics (we have them here in the Uk too) some of the worst results you will find. 

i dont like to work with trust when the laws of the country enable bad work to go unpunished, in turkey you can literally be a podiatrist and open a hair clinic, not only that but lets say hypothetically that HLC lost their good doctors and started producing bad work or even botched work, there is absolutely nothing you can do apart from grovel for a refund or what im doing which is naming and shaming the clinic in hopes that others avoid them as well.

in america they had this going on as well for a while where people were getting routinely botched but alot of those clinics have been shut down and now it im quite certain that to be a tech in a hair transplant clinic you would have to atleast be nurse and literate on what is good medical practice as a legal necessity in most of the western world

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mmokin said:

i dont like to work with trust when the laws of the country enable bad work to go unpunished, in turkey you can literally be a podiatrist and open a hair clinic, not only that but lets say hypothetically that HLC lost their good doctors and started producing bad work or even botched work, there is absolutely nothing you can do apart from grovel for a refund or what im doing which is naming and shaming the clinic in hopes that others avoid them as well.

in america they had this going on as well for a while where people were getting routinely botched but alot of those clinics have been shut down and now it im quite certain that to be a tech in a hair transplant clinic you would have to atleast be nurse and literate on what is good medical practice as a legal necessity in most of the western world

In Europe sueing people is not as common aswell as in the US. In the US you have patients signing NDA:s with the clinic so they cannot get sued so this industry is pretty much cancer wherever you go in the world, not just Turkey. But to think Turkey is some special hair transplant expert country like some people on places like Youtube or Instagram thinks is extremely naive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mmokin said:

You have only have got to see the Forums recommend list evolve since it’s inception (20+ years) and yes Clinics/Drs from all over the world have been added and removed for various reasons. People are unfortunately still being botched pretty much everywhere. All we can do is try and educate and help people make the most reliable choices. Which is why we always say don’t let location and money be the driving factor. And don’t be taken in by a clinic promising amazing results. No ht is guaranteed, this is made clear by the better clinics. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Absolutely nothing dishonest in anything I wrote. 99.9% clinics can be ignored in Turkey, and pretty much the same for anywhere worldwide. Poor choices are everywhere.

i agree with your edit

but not getting sidetracked the post is to say that going to any package clinic in turkey like the ones stated regardless of their results is always a bad move

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

You have only have got to see the Forums recommend list evolve since it’s inception (20+ years) and yes Clinics/Drs from all over the world have been added and removed for various reasons. People are unfortunately still being botched pretty much everywhere. All we can do is try and educate and help people make the most reliable choices. Which is why we always say don’t let location and money be the driving factor. And don’t be taken in by a clinic promising amazing results. No ht is guaranteed, this is made clear by the better clinics. 

i dont think theres a more degenerate industry than the one for hairloss scam after scam thousands of people preying on male insecurity 

honestly wish i had surgical hairline lowering instead of a HT but it is what it is 

7 hours ago, digi23 said:

In Europe sueing people is not as common aswell as in the US. In the US you have patients signing NDA:s with the clinic so they cannot get sued so this industry is pretty much cancer wherever you go in the world, not just Turkey. But to think Turkey is some special hair transplant expert country like some people on places like Youtube or Instagram thinks is extremely naive.

Yep, it’s really frustrating when people consider Turkey as the best place for a HT. It’s just not the epicentre for the best chance of a good result. Apart from the say 6/7 reliable choices then personally I see some of the  best work being achieved in Spain, Portugal and Belgium. Add India (Eugenix) for the higher Norwoods.

Worse posts to see are “Please best/cheapest in Turkey” 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

Afro hair is the most risky and demanding HT procedure, must have only top notch doctor for that job.

I was botched in Arenamed clinic in Turkey on my 1st procedure and I know Afro paitent that was botched over there too, he shared his result on the forum.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

I think this is the third thread you've made about Hair of Istanbul? I think it's more than fair to say that they did a pretty poor job in your case, but I think it's far from a complete botch-job. Yes, your donor will look weaker, but I think there's probably enough left to have an elite doctor fill in the grafts. You'll need to do some research to have it properly fixed.

Turkey is no doubt risky, but I don't think it's necessarily any riskier than other countries (e.g. India, super-cheap US clinics, etc.). I think the appeal is the cheaper prices, particularly with the falling currency, but people that are only willing to pay around $5,000 are always going to take the risk of dealing with a hair-mill or untrained technicians, whether in Turkey or elsewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update/warning OP but I still plan on flying to turkey for my second hair transplant at Asli Tarcan.  I did my research and went with a reputable doctor in the US that is recommend on this site for my first hair transplant and ending having a terrible result.  Asli Tarcan is doing alot of black/afro hair type transplants.   I rather take risk with them than stay at the states and pay a small fortune for another failed hair transplant.  All that matters to me at this point is to find a clinic that alot of African/black patients. 

Edited by cafine5123

On 1/3/2022 at 5:21 AM, mmokin said:

So HOI botched your HT…… but what about Asli Tarcan? You mention his name in the title of your post and then say nothing anout him?

Edited by Sitries1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

So HOI botched your HT…… but what about Asli Tarcan? You mention his name in the title fi your post and then say nothing anout him?

HOI is the most expensive high end hair mill in turkey and i still got a poor result, what does this say about asli tarcan, you can find many bad results from asli tarcan going to any hair mill is a bad idea and something i very deeply regret.

i mention asli as they are another mill popular for afro clients that also routinely botch their surgeries

Edited by mmokin

Just now, mmokin said:

HOI is the most expensive high end hair mill in turkey and i still got a poor result, what does this say about asli tarcan, you can find many bad results from asli tarcan going to any hair mill is a bad idea and something i very deeply regret.

if you dont heed my warning then go ahead to asli or HOI or whatever else its your hair im just sharing my experience for those who want to listen

I agree with you 100% regarding hair mills and techs doing the work however you only have experience with HOI and NOT Asli Tarcan so I don’t think it’s fair of you  to criticise him if you have not been there. 

The bottom line is that you pay for what you get - people go to Turkey because it’s ridiculously cheap and they cannot expect miracles for that price. If it seems to good to be true then it usually is. That being said I have seen some decent work done on acquaintances of mine who literally got 3000 grafts for £1500! Problem with using these cheap clinics is that you are rolling the dice and personally I would not do that with my hair which is a finite resource. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Sitries1 said:

I agree with you 100% regarding hair mills and techs doing the work however you only have experience with HOI and NOT Asli Tarcan so I don’t think it’s fair of you  to criticise him if you have not been there. 

The bottom line is that you pay for what you get - people go to Turkey because it’s ridiculously cheap and they cannot expect miracles for that price. If it seems to good to be true then it usually is. That being said I have seen some decent work done on acquaintances of mine who literally got 3000 grafts for £1500! Problem with using these cheap clinics is that you are rolling the dice and personally I would not do that with my hair which is a finite resource. 

Just because you don't go to a clinic doesn't mean you can't have an opinion, there are plenty of threads here from that clinic, and it's enough for me to say the results are subpar and the donor management is abysmal.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.