I'm worried about donor density

Varun3500

My doctor said 3500 grafts but my donor looks like low density. I'm also scared that if density is sufficient on recipient area.can someone please tell if the donor is ok and if the density is sufficient on recipient area. I also added my pre operation pictures

IMG20211223201952.jpg

IMG20211220170632.jpg

IMG20211220170427.jpg

IMG20211223201908.jpg

IMG20211203162915.jpg

IMG20211203164506.jpg

Edited by Varun3500

It seems you have two threads with the same topic, try and keep it to one thread 👍

You don't have any picture pre op? Looks like over harvesting and shock loss, also I wonder if your donor ever had the capacity for 3500 grafts. 

Depending on the your hair loss pre op and the state you were in I wonder if you were a good candidate for a hair transplant. 

Which doctor and clinic? 

34 minutes ago, HugoX said:

It seems you have two threads with the same topic, try and keep it to one thread 👍

You don't have any picture pre op? Looks like over harvesting and shock loss, also I wonder if your donor ever had the capacity for 3500 grafts. 

Depending on the your hair loss pre op and the state you were in I wonder if you were a good candidate for a hair transplant. 

Which doctor and clinic? 

Please check now I also added pre operation pictures

I can't comment on the specifics of your case. But I will say the vast majority of guys do not get a satisfactory super-dense fill their 1st go-around, especially with your level of balding. 

Even if the hair transplant is successful in all other metrics, most guys need a 2nd (or 3rd) procedure to get their desired level of density. 

Hi,

Do you have a photo of the donor and the recipient, right after the transplant, or 2/3 days after the transplant? 

Gr,

Dr. Munib 

Edited by DrMunibAhmad

1 hour ago, EvoXOhio said:

4 now 

5th...

OP yeah, that doesn't look like good looking donor but it may be just post op shock loss, try to contact some good clinic for advice, Eugenix maybe, reading this forum they seems to be expert in bad donor cases.

Good luck!

I think you have misunderstood how you post on forums, when you start a thread, you keep the posting in the same thread. I suggest you continue posting in this thread, with all the pictures you have put in different threads and delete all other threads. 

Looking at your donor pre surgery (it's hard to tell for sure from the pic you posted, but it looks fairly thick) and looking at the contrast between the extracted area and the non extracted area of the donor in your above pics, I would unfortunately have to guess that you've been over-harvested. If that picture is just a couple days after surgery, I think it's far more likely for this to be the case than it being shock-loss. 

It just looks like they've taken too many grafts too close together basically, and if it is indeed the case, it unfortunately won't improve much. It also looks like they took more grafts than are actually implanted into your recipient to me.... which clinic did you go to?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDEE0 said:

Looking at your donor pre surgery (it's hard to tell for sure from the pic you posted, but it looks fairly thick) and looking at the contrast between the extracted area and the non extracted area of the donor in your above pics, I would unfortunately have to guess that you've been over-harvested. If that picture is just a couple days after surgery, I think it's far more likely for this to be the case than it being shock-loss. 

It just looks like they've taken too many grafts too close together basically, and if it is indeed the case, it unfortunately won't improve much. It also looks like they took more grafts than are actually implanted into your recipient to me.... which clinic did you go to?

In India

11 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Please check I'm sending pictures 4 days post surgery. Is it shockloss or over harvesting

IMG20211210130307.jpg

IMG20211210130256.jpg

10 minutes ago, Varun3500 said:

Please check I'm sending pictures 4 days post surgery. Is it shockloss or over harvesting

IMG20211210130307.jpg

IMG20211210130256.jpg

If we're being blunt, it's over harvesting, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Shock-loss doesn't really happen like this right away in the immediate days after a HT. Combine this with the visibly clear edges of the extraction zone where it goes from thinned out to instantly thick donor hair again and it's obvious this is the result of over harvesting. 

Again, what is the name of the clinic who did this to you? 

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

If we're being blunt, it's over harvesting, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Shock-loss doesn't really happen in the immediate days after a HT, more like after a few weeks to a month or more. Combine this with the visibly clear edges of the extraction zone where it goes from thinned out to instantly thick donor hair again and it's obvious this is the result of over harvesting. 

Again, what is the name of the clinic who did this to you? 

Some local clinic called radiant. Though I know it's local but results were excellent for past patients I have seen some in live and they had great results so I decided to go.

It's unfortunate but i have to agree that this is a overharvested donor. There is also a discrepancy between the donorarea, and the implanted grafts. 

At this moment you can't do anything about it. Let's just hope for the best for the grafts they did implant. 

Wish you al the best. 

Dr. Munib. 

• Administrators

It looks like over harvesting, but it might improve in months to come as the hairs in the resting (telogen) phase grow in. Only time will tell. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:38 PM, Varun3500 said:

My doctor said 3500 grafts but my donor looks like low density. I'm also scared that if density is sufficient on recipient area.can someone please tell if the donor is ok and if the density is sufficient on recipient area. I also added my pre operation pictures

IMG20211223201952.jpg

IMG20211220170632.jpg

IMG20211220170427.jpg

IMG20211223201908.jpg

IMG20211203162915.jpg

IMG20211203164506.jpg

When did you have your hair transplant? The last photo is the result or before?

Agree with the above. Looks like over-harvesting. It's a very strong contrast. Also, you'd need at least 5k+ grafts to cover that area of loss to achieve thick density. Hopefully it'll blend it, but I'm certain you'll need another transplant or two to achieve full coverage (assuming this transplant succeeds).