I'm worried about donor density

Varun3500

• Moderators
On 12/24/2021 at 4:06 AM, DrMunibAhmad said:

There is also a discrepancy between the donorarea, and the implanted grafts.

I agree on this point which leads me to believe they may have made a lot of attempts that didn't yield an actual graft. What happens is they attempt to FUE out a graft, but they cut the hair below the skin and don't get the follicle root. If that happens, the hair will usually grow back in, but at the moment it's just growing below the surface. So while it's not really shock loss, it could grow back as if it was shock loss except it may grow back sooner. Let's hope that's the case.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

I agree on this point which leads me to believe they may have made a lot of attempts that didn't yield an actual graft. What happens is they attempt to FUE out a graft, but they cut the hair below the skin and don't get the follicle root. If that happens, the hair will usually grow back in, but at the moment it's just growing below the surface. So while it's not really shock loss, it could grow back as if it was shock loss except it may grow back sooner. Let's hope that's the case.

Thank you so much for your positive response. I'm so worried but now I feel a bit relief