BIG ANNOUNCEMENT-Dr. Hasson Instagram Live December 10th- THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD ONE!

On 12/31/2021 at 4:19 AM, Curious25 said:

Just watched a video on topical finasteride by the hair loss show - the old guy said that the conversion of T -> DHT via 5AR occurs in the Liver, hence the original requirement for oral finasteride. 

Did Dr Hasson dispel this, claiming that you are able to locally block the conversion at a local level by inhibiting the 5AR enzymes in the scalp and hair tissue? 

That was Knudsen and he said that was the original theory but was never proven. Yes, Dr Hasson dispels it due to the success it has even when acting locally.

• Thanks 1

My friend is trying to order from Xyon and asked the question on dosing. Here is the company’s reply:

“The liposomal gel formulation, compounded with the 2.5% finasteride, was designed by Dr. Victor Hasson to provide an alternative to men who are less tolerant of the FDA approved 1mg oral form of finasteride.

The base gel was designed and optimised to limit the absorption of medicines such as finasteride into the circulation with the specific aim of lowering the risk of adverse side effects. Dr. Hasson landed on a 2.5% finasteride concentration as the optimal concentration in the SiloxySystem liposomal gel formulation, balancing efficacy and side effects. 

Apart from the efficacy observed in almost 600 of his patients to date, Dr. Hasson has also performed pharmacokinetic (PK) testing in a subgroup of his patients. The results confirm that men using the 2.5% finasteride in the SiloxysSystem liposomal gel, have a lower circulating finasteride level in the blood compared with what's reported with the 1mg oral finasteride as well as a more preserved circulating DHT level measured in the blood. These data support the laboratory work Dr. Hasson had conducted to generate the optimal liposomal gel formulation and ideal finasteride concentration at 2.5%.”

What’s quite interesting then is that the comparing amount seems to be the 1 mg propecia pill.

Anyway it would be great to see some pictures of before and after of the patients the company mentioned. 

• Administrators

Topicals should always be compared to orals. Personally, I feel it would be effective in microdose formula. I’d be willing to be the first guinea pig. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, TEXAN35 said:

When you guys say microdosing a topical formula does it mean smaller dose on a smaller interval keeping overall does to prescribed limit or smaller than prescribed dose per day ?

IMO, either approach is fine though I personally prefer reducing the dosage per day.

I’m not sure it can be “either or” as the medication needs to be applied efficiently over a certain CM area of scalp unless you have a very small area to cover. So if this formula could be reduced (microdosed) tonsat .25 or .0025 or whatever per 1 ML then we could know—but they have already stated they formulated this based on efficacious response, which is 2.5 per 1 ML.

Melvin: sorry to ask again—but for your instagram with dr Hasson weren’t you going to post the before and after pictures he allowed you to share with viewers for the Topical? Or did they ask you not to after?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TEXAN35 said:

When you guys say microdosing a topical formula does it mean smaller dose on a smaller interval keeping overall does to prescribed limit or smaller than prescribed dose per day ?

Micro-dosing can be carried out by various techniques - given this is a 2.5% formula, and as someone has previously mentioned, the full volume of the serving amount of solution will be needed to cover areas on the scalp, then what will likely be the easiest way to micro dose, would be to reduce the frequency of application, and follow a MWF protocol for instance. 

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Topicals should always be compared to orals. Personally, I feel it would be effective in microdose formula. I’d be willing to be the first guinea pig. 

I may be wrong, but I think the poster was referring to the fact that it hasn't been compared to micro dosed quantities of the oral propecia, eg. comparing systemic DHT levels of this topical DUT vs. systemic DHT levels of 0.5mg propecia MWF. 

This would obviously be a lot more time consuming, because there are all sorts of different protocols the tests could be compared against, so I agree, the most logical preliminary comparison would be to compare it to the recommended dosage of the oral, at 1mg per day. 

Shame to hear they're not enthusiastic about lowering the concentration. If someone has a large area to cover, micro-dosing with topical is a big challenge. 

I've tried a few topical fin and dut but still keep getting sides (and that was after micro-dosing oral). Understandably, I'm pretty open to sacrificing a bit of efficacy so long as I can tolerate it. 

Was going to give this version a go but it's not internationally available yet. I'm booked for surgery with Dr Wong in November so might try find out more info at the clinic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused---is this topical .025% available in the U.S. If not, I assume you can get the .01% compounded with 6% minoxidil? If yu did get it compounded would you add anything else to it? If you went with dut instead, what percentage would you recommend? Is it possible to request a liposomal formulation from a compounding pharmacy?

• Administrators

Guys, 

I spoke with Dr. Hasson for about an hour on Friday. I’ve been so busy I didn’t get a chance to post our conversation here. The pharmacokinetics for this topical is the same is it would be for a patch, it requires a high concentration of the drug to work. This is why it localizes on the scalp. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Dear Community,

I got off the phone with Dr. Hasson, there have been some misconceptions floating around. For one, this topical formula is unlike any other topical formula around, hence why there is a patent. The pharmacological technology is similar to that of a patch. That is why the concentration is 2.5% and not 0.25 or 0.01%, like the dozens of other formulas out there. 

I understand some of you expressing a desire to see the studies and clinical data. As previously mentioned, this was an EXCLUSIVE release, specifically for the forum. I thought it would be a huge bonus and benefit to those of you who are members of our community. If you do not feel confident in purchasing this formula until you see studies, then by all means wait. This was meant to be a nice little bonus to the community that is all. 

The official release will be some time in April, that is when all of the data will be available. As for cost, again, you guys are comparing this formula to a generic compounding formula. I will also let you guys know that I contacted a compounding pharmacy last year and the cost to compound 0.25% finasteride with 10% minoxidil was $100. So again, some of you are comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare generic finasteride pills to compounded medication. If you're looking for cheap treatment, you're probably better off sticking with the generic finasteride pill form. 

IMG_5431.jpg

I will be having another Instagram Live with Dr. Hasson when this treatment is fully released some time in April. I hope this can put some of the misconceptions to rest. 

Onwards,

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, lovinitl9 said:

is this formula different that then topical finasteride they released several years ago and if so does it have less side effects 

Yes, it is completely new formula. The previous formula was a liposomal formula, but it didn't have this specific gel/patch type pharmacology. 

View my thread

thanks melvin, so was the reason for the change better results or less side effects.

-did he mention what %of people got sides on this and if they could lower the percentage 

-also how new is this one and when could people from the united states get it

thank you

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, lovinitl9 said:

thanks melvin, so was the reason for the change better results or less side effects.

-did he mention what %of people got sides on this and if they could lower the percentage 

-also how new is this one and when could people from the united states get it

thank you

1. Both

2. To date, none of his patients have gotten side effects approximately (600).  There’s a lower chance of side effects, but nothing is guaranteed. They are not claiming it is side-effect free. No they cannot lower the percentage, as I’ve already explained above. Please read my post. 

3.  It’s available now, through xyonhealth. It was available to forum members as a bonus to our community. You can purchase it now, but the official release isn’t until April. That is when all of the official data will be available. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, lovinitl9 said:

thank you, appreciate the response. two more follow ups 

-what is the thought on lowering the frequency of once daily because we can't lower the %

-when would you guess the dutasteride version would be available 

1. Yes, you can reduce the frequency to M,W,F. It will still work. 

2. I do not know when the dutasteride will be available. Perhaps a soft release in April, but don’t expect all the data. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Danielkilipan said:

Hello i have taken me on the list 

Now i can order But i can still only click canada or usa as country? 
so its Not available for europe ? Or am i doing something wrong? 

Let me find out.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 1/26/2022 at 9:21 AM, Davis91 said:

Hi Melvin

for those that are NW4 and above, what is dr Hassan’s recommendation on how to apply the single 1ml dose across the whole area ?

You apply the topical specifically in the section that you want hair loss stopped. 

View my thread

• 1 month later...