Norwood 6

Mattk494

Better to refer to their reps and have a consultation .

That depend on the package  you choose for the surgery  , usually 2-3 months . 

They are great with high Norwood scales and utilize beard hair along with scalp hair . 

Depends on your donor area. if it's good, then you could get pretty decent coverage even as a NW6, even more so if you have a decent beard supply, too. If it's not very strong, then you may not even be a candidate at all for a HT unless you had extremely conservative expectations.

You'll need to post some clear pics of the back and sides of your head, but yeah, Eugenix are probably the best for your type of case (especially if you don't want to go FUT).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattk494 said:

My donor probably has 6000 grafs and I have a lot of chest hair a beard hair. 

1.8 hairs/follicular unit and 45 micron thick hair 

Who has told you this ? 

That’s on the lower side of hairs per graft, and lower side in terms of hair shaft thickness also . . However not all is negative, your hair type and average groupings are usually indicative of a higher amount of grafts per square cm, so you may have upwards of 6000 grafts in the hands of an aggressive surgeon. 

Post more pics of your donor and beard and chest hair , the guys on the board will be able to steer you in the right direction. 

had you tried medications , like minoxidil .. 

I mean your are not a complete NW 6 , you still have some hair which in addition to transplanted hair can give good coverage . 

your frontal pic specially  looks good 

9 hours ago, H.K said:

@Curious25 Can you please elaborate normal/low/high ends for hair thickness , grafts/cm , hairs/graft .. that may help users understand the what their  donor area can provide 

Graft thickness; a range of 50-70 microns is usually defined as medium, 

70-80 grafts per cm2 in the donor is usually the average range 

HGI - anything under 2 (hairs per graft) would be considered on the lower end of the spectrum, 

There are compensations for each of these measurements, such as;

- Finer haired people tend to have higher grafts per cm2 (see @Rolandas

- Lower grafts per cm2 tend to have higher groupings of hairs per graft, 

-medium fine hair patients sometimes present a ‘wave’ , which helps with coverage akin to thicker haired patients (see @captaincalico

• Thanks 1

I believe the best thing to do is to have evaluation by Eugenix , they usually finish it within few days and it's a free online consultation . 

you shall submit recent photos from all angels to have accurate evaluation , from results i saw as well as members feedback ,  they are the best in advanced NW cases . 

After that i believe you shall ask for a VC with the surgeon you choose "Dr Arika or Dr Sethi" so you can directly talk to  them and get to know what's your options , what can you expect of a HT if you are a good candidate . 

the point is  one can be a valid candidate for a HT but not an ideal candidate , so in that case you should proceed with HT only if you have realistic expectations .

It would be great if you can share evaluation results as it can help community members with similar hair characteristics like you  understand what  HT can achieve .

Edited by H.K
  • Like 2

I believe it's the opposite , surgeon can see clearly density of your hair grafts when hair is short as well as bald spots , long hair can partially camouflages that ..

Can anyone correct me here if i'm wrong ? 

• Valued Contributor

I spoke with Dr Pradeep on Sunday. He told me that you only need one week of hair growth on the scalp. Same with the beard. However it is obviously an advantage to have your normal hair style to give an indication of how your natural hair pattern grows. I have sent them lot of pictures of what my hair was like five years ago when I had hair! 😂 I stopped shaving my scalp 12 days ago and I will continue to grow it up until January 16th. All the best.

3 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I spoke with Dr Pradeep on Sunday. He told me that you only need one week of hair growth on the scalp. Same with the beard. However it is obviously an advantage to have your normal hair style to give an indication of how your natural hair pattern grows. I have sent them lot of pictures of what my hair was like five years ago when I had hair! 😂 I stopped shaving my scalp 12 days ago and I will continue to grow it up until January 16th. All the best.

I just added 16th Jan to my calendar :)

All the best ..  

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, Mattk494 said:

That front picture us from 2 years ago unfortunately. Medication isn’t really helping 

This is a lot of loss in the last 2 years. Your only 28, which means you will continue to lose ground. When you say meds are not helping, are you already on Fin ? Looking at your current situation I wouldn’t personally say your a good candidate. Your donor area doesn’t seem that strong, and I can see evidence the crown is dipping already. If you are on fin and still losing ground then I think it’s going to be a very big risk in undertaking a hair transplant. Ok so your beard maybe good, and is pretty reliable. However the chest has much less yield, can be around 50%. Body hair is a good source to supplement scalp hair, but the overall percentage should always be mostly scalp. Proceed with caution and get Eugenix to give you feedback. 

• Administrators

Your case is definitely a difficult one, in my opinion, Eugenix would be the best clinic to consult, I’d also reach out to Dr. Mwamba he has a clinic in Atlanta. Feel free to use our links

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Your donor area seems to go very high up on the sides, so that is good. That means less area that needs to be covered. If you can be happy with just getting the front half covered and leaving the crown alone then you are probably going to be a decent candidate (although I'm not a Dr and it depends on how good your donor actually is). That doesn't mean you can't end up maybe getting the crown filled too, but be prepared to not being able to get crown work and consider yourself lucky if you end up having enough hair for it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.