Norwood 6

Mattk494

On 12/7/2021 at 4:56 PM, JC71 said:

This is a lot of loss in the last 2 years. Your only 28, which means you will continue to lose ground. When you say meds are not helping, are you already on Fin ? Looking at your current situation I wouldn’t personally say your a good candidate. Your donor area doesn’t seem that strong, and I can see evidence the crown is dipping already. If you are on fin and still losing ground then I think it’s going to be a very big risk in undertaking a hair transplant. Ok so your beard maybe good, and is pretty reliable. However the chest has much less yield, can be around 50%. Body hair is a good source to supplement scalp hair, but the overall percentage should always be mostly scalp. Proceed with caution and get Eugenix to give you feedback. 

Transplants should never be done with the support of medicines. Even for people for whom it works ,they will eventually lose finastride dependant hair and in my opinion ,one has to be dependant on and conservative with what can be done with permanent hair from donor and beard only. Doing fut will allow more scalp donor hair and consequently more beard  hair to be used for obvious reasons. But thing with fue clinics doing norwood 6 is that HT is too dependant on finastride. I am still trying to understand how much unsafe donor area is eugenix using for norwood 6 and where they are placing those unsafe grafts which are inevitably going to be lost. But the good thing is that they seem to be doing more with less grafts which might help them to avoid unsafe donor area altogether.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NAVI said:

Transplants should never be done with the support of medicines. Even for people for whom it works ,they will eventually lose finastride dependant hair and in my opinion ,one has to be dependant on and conservative with what can be done with permanent hair from donor and beard only. Doing fut will allow more scalp donor hair and consequently more beard  hair to be used for obvious reasons. But thing with fue clinics doing norwood 6 is that HT is too dependant on finastride. I am still trying to understand how much unsafe donor area is eugenix using for norwood 6 and where they are placing those unsafe grafts which are inevitably going to be lost. But the good thing is that they seem to be doing more with less grafts which might help them to avoid unsafe donor area altogether.

The HT i saw for Eugenix "donor pics"  , they usually rely on safe zone ... I saw pics for other top  surgeons  which get grafts from unsafe zone and save grafts for future , but at the same those surgeons refuse to do the HT without finasteride even for low NW levels . 

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 4:36 AM, H.K said:

I believe it's the opposite , surgeon can see clearly density of your hair grafts when hair is short as well as bald spots , long hair can partially camouflages that ..

Can anyone correct me here if i'm wrong ? 

I'm not too experienced in this area. But I agree with this I guess from my personal experience. I had assumed earlier that long hair could give idea to the doctors how it looks when grown long so that they can get a perception of how it looks when grown long.

But it might actually make it seem thicker than it is from photos. I guess the solution is to record a video by showing the direct scalp of the donor by using a comb. If possible, I would recommend doing a video consultation at least.(If not photos/videos also showing the scalp using a comb, just like how they show in result videos).

Conversely sometimes the longer hair makes the bald spots look worse as well. IMO, It shows progression more obvious, compared to buzz cut.

Edited by quantumhair

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

On 12/6/2021 at 2:49 AM, Mattk494 said:

Dr. Rassman told me this. See the last photo- had to shave my head and use a microscope. 

7D2B3F26-122C-4693-9337-FC6638BB77BB.jpeg

53891500-60BE-445A-80A4-FC969F9206E7.jpeg

624416F3-77A8-43D5-ACA8-4C23CBF22775.jpeg

Your "quantity" of chest hair is very high IMO. I'm not experienced enough to comment on viability.

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

On 12/9/2021 at 11:42 PM, NAVI said:

Do clinics decide "safe donor area" patient to patient or do they confine to a standard area regardless of patient?

Let me be honest. Have a consult over video so that variation in estimation is minimized. Regardless of clinic, go beyond marketing persons and take doctor's words.

Agree with the above. Having a doctor assess is really helpful. I also think mixing FUT with FUE would yield you more grafts. Eugenix also does beard and I'm sure would be open to chest if there isn't enough beard - though as I understand it, chest is usually less viable than beard.