Need help with Hair Transplant Clinic

Hello Hair restoration network community

First of all I would like to thank you all for providing so much information regarding hair transplants and treatments. Anyway, after doing some research regarding hair transplants and surgeons for about a year, I am finally ready to pull the ttrigger.

I am a 25 yo male who is currently rocking a NW3. I have been losing my hair since I was 19 but after adopting the buzz cut for the last year, it allowed me to evaluate my hair loss and I can finally say it has stabilized. I was on fin/min last year for 3 months but gave me side effects (sexual) which made me stop. Regarding my budget, unfortunately I don't have the means to go for Dr. Bisanga and some of the most expensive clinics in Spain, hence why I leaned more towards Turkish clinics where the doctor is involved.

Anyway,I would like to hear some opinions regarding which clinic to choose.

I contacted some clinics and received answers from all of them. I will post them all below:

-Dr. Ferreira: I first contacted Dr. Ferreira because of all the positive reviews around the forum. I contacted his assistant with pictures and my information, and after some back and forward, I asked when the doctor will be available. His assistant told me he is available only after October 2022 which to me is too far down the road.

Dr. Pinto: I contacted Dr. Pinto at the same time as Dr. Ferreira. After sending him several messages through WhatsApp, he saw them all but didn't answer at all. Still waiting for an answer but don't think he will answer me which is weird. I ended up contacting another 2 doctors.

-Dr. Bicer: This is probably one of my favorite doctors. Her energy and results on the forum have blown me away. I ended up contacting her assistant which told me Dr. Bicer recommended I would visit a dermatologist due to low donor density and me currently being a NW3. I have already been on fin/min in the past but didn't have any results and gave me sexual side effects that went away only 3 weeks after I stopped. He also said Dr. Bicer is available only after May 2022 which is also far away. Which leads me to my last resort:

-Dr. Resul Yaman: I contacted Dr. Resul Yaman after reding the recommended doctors page on the forum and seeing many reviews. Mr. Fikret Dogrucu, his assistant, asked for pictures and all health information. A few days later he sent me a message saying the doctor said my donor density was good and what the recommended amount of grafts was. Mr. Fikret Dogrucu was probably one of the friendliest and most professional people I have ever encountered. He made sure to explain how the whole surgery worked, the different packages to choose including price and even sent me a hairline draft and explained every detail regarding the graft distribution. It blew me away. He also made sure to enphasize the fact that the consultation, hairline design, hair analysis, local anesthesia and the incisions as well we're all completed by Dr. Yaman himself. To me, the fact he is that present made me lean towards. Dr. Yaman. To add to this, he is available at the end of this month which to me would be perfect.

Now my question is, what is you guys' opinion on Dr. Yaman? After visiting the forum's doctor recommendation and several reviews, it seems this doctor is held in high regard by the community so I am almost set on choosing him, would just like to hear your thoughts.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this. It finally looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel after going through hell with hair loss.

In a similar situation but in Norwood 6. I am also leaning towards Dr. Yaman because of his results,  price and availability. I did not want to take Fin so his clinic suggested me the combination of Biotin and Sawpalmetto. You can also enquire about the alternatives. Regarding the his assistant even I find him good. But the initial explanation message he sends seems standard other than how many grafts are planned for you. But all in all even I am going to Dr. Yaman this year for transplant. Finalising my itinerary. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Leo14 said:

In a similar situation but in Norwood 6. I am also leaning towards Dr. Yaman because of his results,  price and availability. I did not want to take Fin so his clinic suggested me the combination of Biotin and Sawpalmetto. You can also enquire about the alternatives. Regarding the his assistant even I find him good. But the initial explanation message he sends seems standard other than how many grafts are planned for you. But all in all even I am going to Dr. Yaman this year for transplant. Finalising my itinerary. Good luck.

Thank you for your message Leo. Funny he also recommended the same alternatives to me. After what I read online they don't seem to have many side effects, but will still talk to my doctor about it. Good luck with yours as well. Cheers.

Just now, harefolliculez said:

Thank you for your message Leo. Funny he also recommended the same alternatives to me. After what I read online they don't seem to have many side effects, but will still talk to my doctor about it. Good luck with yours as well. Cheers.

Also Leo, if you don't mind me asking, what package will you choose? I'm finding it hard to justify paying 1000 bucks more for the implanter pen, but at the same time I fear I might regret it. What's your take on it?

When I compare the higher package (Yaman Implanter) of Dr. Yaman with Dr. Bicer or Eugenix,  I still find his package affordable. So, I am planning to go with it. Note: I have no data to back if its better than the other but its just affordable. I have also seen Eugenix was also talking high about DHI but at the end it is also based on the FUE method. I would do a bit study and post here. Lemme know if you find anymore info on it.  

4 minutes ago, Leo14 said:

When I compare the higher package (Yaman Implanter) of Dr. Yaman with Dr. Bicer or Eugenix,  I still find his package affordable. So, I am planning to go with it. Note: I have no data to back if its better than the other but its just affordable. I have also seen Eugenix was also talking high about DHI but at the end it is also based on the FUE method. I would do a bit study and post here. Lemme know if you find anymore info on it.  

Yeah maybe I will go with it as well. The difference seems to be the fact that there is a smaller chance of something going wrong with the follicules as the implanter pen makes the process easier. But as soon as I find something I will post it here.

45 minutes ago, Leo14 said:

He is using Yaman implanter in both packages, I choose Sapphire Fue and they are using the implanter.

If I were to do a hair transplant again I would def go with someone just doing 1 patient a day. Dr Yaman is doing up to 3 per day.

I would be cautious going with Dr Yaman for higher Norwoods since they have some cases with overharvesting and in my case Dr Yaman was not present during extraction phase.

Here you can see the implanter pen(I did NOT choose DHI method.)

241657297_186848653423420_6103743852123660063_n.jpg

Edited by digi23

10 minutes ago, digi23 said:

He is using Yaman implanter in both packages, I choose Sapphire Fue and they are using the implanter.

If I were to do a hair transplant again I would def go with someone just doing 1 patient a day. Dr Yaman is doing up to 3 per day.

I would be cautious going with Dr Yaman for higher Norwoods since they have some cases with overharvesting and in my case Dr Yaman was not present during extraction phase.

Here you can see the implanter pen(I did NOT choose DHI method.)

241657297_186848653423420_6103743852123660063_n.jpg

Interesting. That makes the difference in packages really small if I'm not missing anything then. Would you suggest Dr. Yaman for NW3?

3 minutes ago, harefolliculez said:

Interesting. That makes the difference in packages really small if I'm not missing anything then. Would you suggest Dr. Yaman for NW3?

He is a good choice for budget, thats why I choose him. I felt safe the whole time and all in all it was a good experience. 

I feel after I did the procedure for MYSELF(this is important, because everyone is different) that I would have liked to be the only one there for the day if somethings gone wrong. Now there was me + 1 or 2 people also(I was not told how many they did for the day). 

Dr Yaman was with me doing local anestesia in the front where he also created incisions. He then went away and the tech team started extractions. Dr Yaman was not there during this part. I had lunch after extractions. Then implantation. Dr Yaman was there like once every hour/two hours or so for just a minute before he left. When we left I did not see Dr Yaman and he did not do a final inspection on me. 

These more budget clinics I guess the Dr is more busy because of doing multiple patients, so he cannot be there all the time. The tech team was fine but all in all I think it is a better overall experience at the more high end places like Dr Bicer.

I have not yet seen my result so I cannot say anything about that, it is healing fine, is what I can tell you. Its been 2 months.

1 minute ago, digi23 said:

He is a good choice for budget, thats why I choose him. I felt safe the whole time and all in all it was a good experience. 

I feel after I did the procedure for MYSELF(this is important, because everyone is different) that I would have liked to be the only one there for the day if somethings gone wrong. Now there was me + 1 or 2 people also(I was not told how many they did for the day). 

Dr Yaman was with me doing local anestesia in the front where he also created incisions. He then went away and the tech team started extractions. Dr Yaman was not there during this part. I had lunch after extractions. Then implantation. Dr Yaman was there like once every hour/two hours or so for just a minute before he left. When we left I did not see Dr Yaman and he did not do a final inspection on me. 

These more budget clinics I guess the Dr is more busy because of doing multiple patients, so he cannot be there all the time. The tech team was fine but all in all I think it is a better overall experience at the more high end places like Dr Bicer.

I have not yet seen my result so I cannot say anything about that, it is healing fine, is what I can tell you. Its been 2 months.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm leaning a lot towards him because a) he is in the budget section and b) he is the only one I've contacted in the past 2 weeks that is available this year, which to me is crucial since I want to have it done during the winter.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did the doctor recommend some meds, like saw palmetto/fin/etc? Are you taking them?

4 minutes ago, harefolliculez said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm leaning a lot towards him because a) he is in the budget section and b) he is the only one I've contacted in the past 2 weeks that is available this year, which to me is crucial since I want to have it done during the winter.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did the doctor recommend some meds, like saw palmetto/fin/etc? Are you taking them?

Yes they recommended just saw palmetto multivitamin blend, which I believe was some marketing gimmick because the adress on the box was like 5 blocks away from the clinic itself where it was produced and it was pretty expensive. 

After doing some research saw palmetto seems to be ok for hair loss but not really enough for keeping DHT away(which is the reason you bald). They also recommended biotin.

I am taking biotin + a multivitamin I bought in my country which is one of the best ones on the market here.

They also recommend finasteride, like most Dr do.

Edited by digi23

2 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Yes they recommended just saw palmetto multivitamin blend, which I believe was some marketing gimmick because the adress on the box was like 5 blocks away from the clinic itself where it was produced and it was pretty expensive. 

After doing some research saw palmetto seems to be ok for hair loss but not really enough for keeping DHT away(which is the reason you bald). They also recommended biotin.

I am taking biotin + a multivitamin I bought in my country which is one of the best ones on the market here.

They also recommend finasteride, like most Dr do.

Yeah thought so. I'm thinking about taking some biotin and multivitamins in my country based on what my doctor recommends. Luckily my general doctor is pretty much bald at the age of 29 and has apparently researched about meds for stopping hair loss in the past. Hopefully he can recommend some good meds/vitamins apart from fin which I took and unfortunately had some serious side effects with.

10 minutes ago, harefolliculez said:

Yeah thought so. I'm thinking about taking some biotin and multivitamins in my country based on what my doctor recommends. Luckily my general doctor is pretty much bald at the age of 29 and has apparently researched about meds for stopping hair loss in the past. Hopefully he can recommend some good meds/vitamins apart from fin which I took and unfortunately had some serious side effects with.

I was quoted 2350 euros including pickup at the airport, hotel and everything taken care for with Dr Resul Yaman.

I was quoted 3250 euros with Dr Demirsoy + 200 euro for hotel & pickup. 

I was quoted 4150 euros with Dr Bicer + need to pay for hotel & pickup myself. 

So in my case I did choose Yaman because he was a decent choice at the price point, if I go for another transplant I would pay the premium price for Dr Bicer definitely.

Edited by digi23

1 minute ago, digi23 said:

I was quoted 2350 euros including pickup at the airport, hotel and everything taken care for except the flight ticket with Dr Resul Yaman.

I was quoted 3250 euros with Dr Demirsoy + 200 euro for hotel & pickup. Flight ticket you always need to buy yourself.

I was quoted 4150 euros with Dr Bicer + need to pay for hotel & pickup myself. Flight ticket the same as the other two.

So in my case I did choose Yaman because he was a decent choice at the price point, if I go for another transplant I would pay the premium price for Dr Bicer definitely.

Oh I would definitely pay the premium for Dr. Bicer as well. Problem is, she is booked until May 2022 which to me is too far away.

I was quoted the same price as you for the saphire FUE for 4000 follicules. For DHI, they quoted 3250€. But honestly I'm kinda confused on which package to choose.

Oh I would definitely pay the premium for Dr. Bicer as well. Problem is, she is booked until May 2022 which to me is too far away.

I was quoted the same price as you for the saphire FUE for 4000 follicules. For DHI, they quoted 3250€. But honestly I'm kinda confused on which package to choose.

You were quoted 2350 euros for 4000 grafts with Yaman?

Yeah. That seemed low for such a big amount of grafts but he seemed to be on the forum's recommended list.

Is that weird in your opinion?

Sounds really weird, then I was pretty ripped off or I dont know. 

I did Sapphire FUE, 2550 grafts for 2350 euros. 

Maybe he is lowering his prices and increasing the amount of procedures a day I am not sure. He did just 1 patient a day then he went to 2, now Fikret said he is doing 3.