Dr Bisanga - 2,604 Grafts

• Administrators

Looking fantastic.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking forward to your further updates over the next few months. Your are looking great with some real transformation not too far away!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 1:43 PM, Raphael84 said:

Looking forward to your further updates over the next few months. Your are looking great with some real transformation not too far away!

Hey man! What are your/the clinic's recommendations in regards to hair wax and hairspray? When is it ok to go pre-op nuts?

@Marco Van Basten have you started styling your hair with products?

4 hours ago, ConnorCrosby said:

Hey man! What are your/the clinic's recommendations in regards to hair wax and hairspray?

In regard to such products being used on native hair amongst/behind your transplant post surgery, the concern when using hair spray is that it is not only the hair that is receiving it. Hair spray can get on and stick to the scalp and especially those of us that have concern with loss, generally use a little more than we should to help us conceal. With that being said, hair spray and any other such highly chemical based products should not be used on the head for absolute minimum of one month post surgery, ideally longer as they are not assisting the scalp environment which we naturally want to keep as optimal as possible post surgery.

Hair wax that can be applied from the fingers directly onto the hair presents a different situation as the scalp itself can be avoided.

in terms of using product on transplanted hair once growth occurs, you will be several months post surgery by the time you may feel that products are necessary to use and at that stage initial healing will have long passed and you can consider other products. 

Hair spray in general is never a healthy choice for the hair or scalp.

Concealer is a big no post surgery as again, the tendency is generally to always use "just that little bit more" and whilst designed for the fibres to attach to hair shafts, more often than not concealer will sit on the scalp. Of course many patients post surgery are looking to conceal their procedure and therefore may be considering such products but just like hair spray, concealers are never "healthy" for the scalp and in the case of concealers, absolute minimum of 3 months post surgery before considering usage.

• Like 3

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey guys,

So time for some more photographs as I am just shy of my 4 month update.

In real need of a haircut at the moment and there's no product in my hair when my g/f took the photographs. (In fact still not used any.....yet)

Also, I don't usually style my hair like this, but I had used the shower at the gym this morning and it had dried by the time I got home.

Still a bit thin in places but happy with the progress so far. Also, I don't think you would really notice I had a HT now unless you looked closely. (My dad doesn't even know nor did he notice last week lol)

What do you guys think?

20220216_094115.jpg

20220216_094017.jpg

20220216_093941.jpg

20220216_094004.jpg

20220216_093952.jpg

20220216_094032.jpg

• Like 4

@Marco Van Basten

Thank you for the update. You are looking great at 4 months and right on track for an exciting journey over the next several months. At 4 months things are beginning to take shape and you will see new growth, increased density and maturation over the next several months.

To thank you for a very nice photo quality also. Very consistent and honest and transparent which is always much appreciated from the community.

Im very much looking forward to the next months for you and please do continue to keep us updated.

• Like 3

I’ve just came back to look at this after a few notifications - and you’re actually a lot further on than I first realised, as I had forgotten what your pre ops looked like. 

Your left hand side looks almost grown in. 

I remember there was a very similar pattern of growth in a case from this doctor on a patient on here a few years ago, and he was basically fully grown in at 6 months. Let’s hope the same happens here.  

• Like 1

You really have come a long way in only 4 months. It is easy to forget at times, especially when you are see the slow progression on a daily basis.

The following comparison presents things quite well -

1710493581_Screenshot2022-02-17at09_57_58.thumb.png.90e9c0cedf151f87e585397429ee4639.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@Marco Van Basten

Thank you for the update. You are looking great at 4 months and right on track for an exciting journey over the next several months. At 4 months things are beginning to take shape and you will see new growth, increased density and maturation over the next several months.

To thank you for a very nice photo quality also. Very consistent and honest and transparent which is always much appreciated from the community.

Im very much looking forward to the next months for you and please do continue to keep us updated.

Thanks Ian :)

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

You really have come a long way in only 4 months. It is easy to forget at times, especially when you are see the slow progression on a daily basis.

The following comparison presents things quite well -

1710493581_Screenshot2022-02-17at09_57_58.thumb.png.90e9c0cedf151f87e585397429ee4639.png

Another early grower, Bisanga strikes again!

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well?!

So i am just a approx 5 months since my procedure and finally got my 1st proper haircut today. (Previously just cut back sides/) so it's looking a bit better but still needs a bit of work regarding style!

I got a small amount taken off the top and a grade 1 back / sides.

Pretty please with the progress thus far. Still a little bit thin but that's to be expected.

How do you guys think it looks?

Should I expect anymore growth at all?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220325-121542_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.4a352e8bdf29dcaf914b5abcaa12757c.jpgScreenshot_20220325-121602_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.e63a720ac582a7c0deb1678ce8f1a73c.jpgScreenshot_20220325-121607_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.181099180d769f6bfdf555054737cb9a.jpgScreenshot_20220325-121555_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.1acdb34fa4b959b33ebe28d4e0ff34aa.jpg

• Like 2

Your temples have pretty much been completely filled in, and you’re only at 5 Months. 

I expect you to experience further maturation over the next 3 months, and I would say by month 8-9 you’ll have pretty much the full result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Your temples have pretty much been completely filled in, and you’re only at 5 Months. 

I expect you to experience further maturation over the next 3 months, and I would say by month 8-9 you’ll have pretty much the full result. 

Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it

• Like 1

This is amazing progress from month 4 mate. The pictures you've uploaded make it look like you've got a normal fuill head of hair.

Do you have any pics with the hair up completely so we can look at the transplanted area?

• Like 1