Looking for input on my situation please

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into hair transplant surgery. I am 32 years old, live on the east coast of USA. Hair started thinning about 6-7 years ago. I think i'm about IV-V on the Norwood scale. Hairline has receded and i have fairly significant loss on my vertex. I've briefly used some topical treatments on my head but couldn't stand how greasy it made my hair. After contacting a clinic in Texas and learning that for 3500 grafts it would be $16,000 i was discouraged because i can't afford that.  I have been in contact with Clinicana in Istanbul and was very attracted to how economical it was and the good results that appeared to come out of their clinic. The rep there was extremely quick in responding and kindly answered a lot of my questions as well. After doing some additional research on this forum though i'm pumping the brakes a bit as Clinicana seems to be in the 'hairmill' category.  I am trying to contact Dr. Demisroy to see if that is a good option. After looking at my pics, what do you think are some good options for me? Thanks in advance for your help! 

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-00.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-22.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-26.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-29.jpg

$16,000 for 3500 grafts in the USA is a bargain .. therefore I wouldn’t go there ..

u lookin at $20,000 for 2000- 2500 grafts is the average in the USA ..

knowing what I know now .. I would be traveling overseas myself, but don’t go to a hair mill .. it’s better if u let me practice on you than some low level tech .. 

• Like 1

@Quanstan you hairloss is progressing and will continue evolving unless you start taking Finasteride every other day. Doctors focused of getting you the best possible outcome will probably ask you to be on Finasteride 6 months prior to surgery. 

You should be looking at upwards 4000 grafts to rebuild your frontal hairline along with the midscalp and part of the crown.

It’s great that you have become aware of the Turkish Hairmills and will hopefully stay clear of the world capital of botched HT that is Turkey. 

Why have you gone from 16k clinic in the US to considering a low cost Doctor in Turkey?

I highly advise to invest more in your surgery and book a Doctor doing the whole surgery with real patients posting consistent great results at HRN (and other foruns).

Dr. Ximena Villa, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Bruno Ferreira are in my opinion the best for the price they charge. 

Take a look at my table explaining the difference in prices / technique and Doctor involvement in the surgery:

Wish you all the best with surgery.

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

As much as we all have a budget in mind be careful it’s not the driving factor in who you choose. As @Portugal25shows it is very possible to choose a world class Dr/Clinic who can meet your needs without going to either extremes, super budget/hairmill to over priced clinics. Some of the Euro options are perfectly balanced between quality and still affordable. If not then it’s more than worth saving up. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Have you contacted Dr. Arocha in Houston? Let me tag his representative @LaserCaps and @ArochaAngel4247

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

yeah be careful of turkish hair mill clinics....the price is very attractive but some of the botched procedures are straight horror movies including 1 italian guy who randomly died during his procedure and was found wrapped in towels ...check out HMR in Tijuana, MX...its basically on the west coast. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

yeah be careful of turkish hair mill clinics....the price is very attractive but some of the botched procedures are straight horror movies including 1 italian guy who randomly died during his procedure and was found wrapped in towels ...check out HMR in Tijuana, MX...its basically on the west coast. 

Seen great stuff from HMR honestly better than Nader

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Seen great stuff from HMR honestly better than Nader

I agree and that's so awesome to hear man, I really think they are very very under rated and predict they will only get more attention in the future. As far as Nader I am sure hes a professional but good luck getting someone to pick up the phone and respond to e-mails, at least when I was looking I couldn't get a soul...for me that is a red flag.

1 hour ago, Quanstan said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into hair transplant surgery. I am 32 years old, live on the east coast of USA. Hair started thinning about 6-7 years ago. I think i'm about IV-V on the Norwood scale. Hairline has receded and i have fairly significant loss on my vertex. I've briefly used some topical treatments on my head but couldn't stand how greasy it made my hair. After contacting a clinic in Texas and learning that for 3500 grafts it would be $16,000 i was discouraged because i can't afford that.  I have been in contact with Clinicana in Istanbul and was very attracted to how economical it was and the good results that appeared to come out of their clinic. The rep there was extremely quick in responding and kindly answered a lot of my questions as well. After doing some additional research on this forum though i'm pumping the brakes a bit as Clinicana seems to be in the 'hairmill' category.  I am trying to contact Dr. Demisroy to see if that is a good option. After looking at my pics, what do you think are some good options for me? Thanks in advance for your help! 

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-00.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-22.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-26.jpg

photo_2021-10-07_16-43-29.jpg

I would rather be bald than going to Clinicana. If you are looking at Turkey, which is not a bad idea if you choose someone like Dr Demirsoy or Dr Bicer. I dont get the hate, ofcourse you need to choose the correct Dr but that is the same for Spain, Belgium, Portugal. It is only a handful good ones there aswell so not any difference really.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, digi23 said:

I would rather be bald than going to Clinicana. If you are looking at Turkey, which is not a bad idea if you choose someone like Dr Demirsoy or Dr Bicer. I dont get the hate, ofcourse you need to choose the correct Dr but that is the same for Spain, Belgium, Portugal. It is only a handful good ones there aswell so not any difference really.

Yes its easy to write off Turkey but it still has perfectly good options available. Absolutely nothing wrong with HLC, Pekiner, Keser, Bicer, Demirsoy and Yaman. ASMED isn’t worth it unless your considering the top option where Dr Erdogan will do the channel opening. Here in the Uk we also have some very poor options and definitely some very over priced ones. And to be honest none compare to the best in Europe/US. 

9 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes its easy to write off Turkey but it still has perfectly good options available. Absolutely nothing wrong with HLC, Pekiner, Keser, Bicer, Demirsoy and Yaman. ASMED isn’t worth it unless your considering the top option where Dr Erdogan will do the channel opening. Here in the Uk we also have some very poor options and definitely some very over priced ones. And to be honest none compare to the best in Europe/US. 

Keser doing 500-700 grafts maximum per day, what a f...ing legend.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Or HOI doing 8k a day 😉

Lol. Hair Of Istanbul what an absolute shit clinic. 🤮

500-700 is almost too extreme haha but its so legendary. You do 2500 grafts which is considered to be a smaller procedure, with Keser it is atleast 4 days. 😂

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

Just now, digi23 said:

Lol. Hair Of Istanbul what an absolute shit clinic. 🤮

500-700 is almost too extreme haha but its so legendary. You do 2500 grafts which is considered to be a smaller procedure, with Keser it is atleast 4 days. 😂

I have respect for him sticking to his manual methods and ultimately doing tiring/methodical work.

Where as the other extreme is mills boasting and doing a ridiculous amount of grafts per day. And hey we all know the numbers are not even accurate. 

12 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Keser doing 500-700 grafts maximum per day, what a f...ing legend.

Dr. Keser has done great hairlines in the past but he also has several bad HT’s and the fact he doesn’t use a microscope prevents me from recommending him at HRN.
Also the fact that he doesn’t speak English makes him a old school recluse that is unable to attend (and understand) international hairloss conventions where hairloss Doctors share and develop their craft.

@JohnAC71 I saw several poor results from Yaman and ASMED was totally unethical to HRN members that were botched by their tech teams so to me that’s just a overpriced hairmill. 

There are Doctors that are much better than the best in Turkey (who in my opinion are HLC and Pekiner) and are charging the same price; Dr. Villa or Dr. Pinto or Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 
If I didn’t need a mega session of beard grafts I would  have chosen one them over any other option in Turkey. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I have respect for him sticking to his manual methods and ultimately doing tiring/methodical work.

Where as the other extreme is mills boasting and doing a ridiculous amount of grafts per day. And hey we all know the numbers are not even accurate. 

Yes ofcourse, the smaller the amount of grafts per day and less patients per day the more respect. Doing everything himself is so much respect and not give a fk about money, it would be so easy for him to earn 5x or even 10x his monthly earnings just getting used to auto punch and some technicians helping him and do maybe 2 per day with up to 4000 grafts.

• Like 1

Just now, Portugal25 said:

Dr. Keser has done great hairlines in the past but he also has several bad HT’s and the fact he doesn’t use a microscope prevents me from recommending him at HRN.
Also the fact that he doesn’t speak English makes him a old school recluse that is unable to attend (and understand) international hairloss conventions where hairloss Doctors share and develop their craft.
For these twonreasons I don’t recommend him. 

@JohnAC71 I saw several poor results from Yaman and ASMED was totally unethical to patients they were botched by their tech teams so to me that’s just a overpriced hairmill. 

There are Doctors that are much better than the best in Turkey (who in my opinion are HLC and Pekiner) and are charging the same price; Dr. Villa or Dr. Pinto or Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 
If I didn’t need a mega session of beard grafts I would  have chosen one them over any other option in Turkey. 

I can’t disagree that in the past there was a few poor results from Yaman, however since then it has been a lot better. Some more recent reviews by the clinic and patients themselves. And he is still forum recommended. Personally I think of Demirsoy and Yaman at around the same level. 

When it comes to ASMED I have always said that the only possible option is the one where Dr Erdogan is doing the incisions/channel opening. He is a very skilled Dr it’s just a massive shame that the clinic is now a hair mill business model. This also happened to another couple of Drs who I’m sure you also remember.

Bottom line though if your paying for the top ASMED option then people would be better off choosing a top European Dr like Freitas, Pinto, Ferreira etc. 

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I can’t disagree that in the past there was a few poor results from Yaman, however since then it has been a lot better. Some more recent reviews by the clinic and patients themselves. And he is still forum recommended. Personally I think of Demirsoy and Yaman at around the same level. 

This is one thing that I dont really agree with you on, mostly I do agree with basically everything. :D

I have not been a Demirsoy patient only Yaman so I can only go by his reviews, Demirsoy seems to have better overall results if you have a look at the more detailed reviews, also he seem to be more involved in the procedure(also this is what the people that have had a procedure with him is saying). I also think he design hairlines better overall, he usually never overharvest, I think this can be a problem for Yaman because he is not involved at all in the extraction phase and not even around. 

I got a good deal with Yaman, and you said they were about equal, it was about 1100 euros difference in price which made me go with Yaman. I think if it was some detailed Yaman reviews I would have paid the 1100 euro difference.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Have you tried finasteride and minoxidil? Your hair loss will likely progress without those

I did try minoxidil but didn't stick with it cause I hated how greasy my scalp was. I have not tried finasteride. 

4 minutes ago, digi23 said:

This is one thing that I dont really agree with you on, mostly I do agree with basically everything. :D

I have not been a Demirsoy patient only Yaman so I can only go by his reviews, Demirsoy seems to have better overall results if you have a look at the more detailed reviews, also he seem to be more involved in the procedure(also this is what the people that have had a procedure with him is saying). I also think he design hairlines better overall, he usually never overharvest, I think this can be a problem for Yaman because he is not involved at all in the extraction phase and not even around. 

I got a good deal with Yaman, and you said they were about equal, it was about 1100 euros difference in price which made me go with Yaman. I think if it was some detailed Yaman reviews I would have paid the 1100 euro difference.

Having seen both of their results for many years to me they seem equal. And let’s be honest here, Demirsoy has more than their fair share of poorer results too. 
Infact what happen is that all clinics seem to have the not so good phases from time to time. 
Yamans extraction has vastly improved since those few cases. 

Edited by JohnAC71

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Having seen both of their results for many years to me they seem equal. And let’s be honest here, Demirsoy has more than their fair share of poorer results too. 
Infact what happen is that all clinics seem to have the not so good phases from time to time. 

Fair enough, the thing that bothers me is that Dr Yaman cases is all posted by the Dr himself. There is not so many, that I found atleast from forum members, so its good I do a detailed one. :D

Also you need to consider that Dr Yaman did 1-2 patients per day when he became forum recommended, he also at that time did the extraction part + incisions part. Today he does 2-3 patients per day and he only do incisions part. Hopefully he keeps it as it is now and dont go further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Fair enough, the thing that bothers me is that Dr Yaman cases is all posted by the Dr himself. There is not so many, that I found atleast from forum members, so its good I do a detailed one. :D

Also you need to consider that Dr Yaman did 1-2 patients per day when he became forum recommended, he also at that time did the extraction part + incisions part. Today he does 2-3 patients per day and he only do incisions part. Hopefully he keeps it as it is now and dont go further.

I can agree on that. We don’t want another Dr drifting to the hair mill territory like so many others. That would only leave Dr Bicer as forum recommended 😂