Help to make a decision

Hello

I’m 31 yo not taking and medication or doing treatment for hair loss. I’m   Looking for a while to do my HT but I need help to make a decision I was consulted with Dr. Bruno Ferreira and Dr. Pekiner representatives both surgeons evaluate 3500 grafts . I have seeing few good reviews in this forum also about Dr. Bicer and I’m thinking to contact her clinic as well and open for any other surgeons suggestions for my case . 
I consulted with 2 other clinics Eugenix and Bisanga they evaluate 2500-3000 grafts would like to hear your opinion on the grafts number. Bisanga not an option out of my budget and Eugenix prefer not to travel to India for now so both not on my list anymore. 

I appreciate your help :) 

CB8DD911-0761-4BD5-A367-7606721ED218.jpeg

ABF09385-4976-4FE6-B3C2-D39F106087C2.jpeg

F72EBAD3-4698-4BDB-848B-A8F36D0A1CBC.jpeg

3150EC8A-146B-4261-B2EA-5FF22065CE35.jpeg

8B79543C-67DB-47BC-8247-38EF62D665D8.jpeg

Edited by Depp

Why are you not on medical therapy for hair loss? Your pattern is aggressive for only 31 years old. Without medication your androgenic alopecia will continue behind the transplanted area and look very strange when you lose more hair.  Your list of surgeons is very good so it seems you're doing diligent research but considering stabilizing your hair loss before proceeding with a restoration. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

@Deppif you can afford Dr. Bruno Ferreira book him!
You can’t compare Dr. Bicer with Dr. Bruno because he does the whole surgery himself with a much more advanced technique while Bicer does pre-made slits with techs doing the implantation of the grafts. 

On 9/29/2021 at 7:42 AM, BDK081522 said:

Why are you not on medical therapy for hair loss? Your pattern is aggressive for only 31 years old. Without medication your androgenic alopecia will continue behind the transplanted area and look very strange when you lose more hair.  Your list of surgeons is very good so it seems you're doing diligent research but considering stabilizing your hair loss before proceeding with a restoration. 

I prefer not to take it right now because of the side effects. 

7 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Your considering some really good Drs. I would agree that Dr B.F would be a good choice for you. Did you also consider De Freitas ? 

I didn’t hear about Dr. Freitas can you please give some more information and if he at the level as Dr B.F and Pekiner 

Thanks 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Depp said:

I didn’t hear about Dr. Freitas can you please give some more information and if he at the level as Dr B.F and Pekiner 

Thanks 

Absolutely ! He is doing really high level work ! Forum recommended and world renowned. Put in Freitas in the search bar here and you will find lots of results.

check out the following: 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/ESP/Spain

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Dr Freitas is €3.50 for first 1000 grafts and then €2.50 thereafter, is that within your budget ? 

Even Dr B.F is a little out of my budget, this is why I was thinking looking into Dr. Bicer.
I’m little confused 😊

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, Depp said:

Hello

I’m 31 yo not taking and medication or doing treatment for hair loss. I’m   Looking for a while to do my HT but I need help to make a decision I was consulted with Dr. Bruno Ferreira and Dr. Pekiner representatives both surgeons evaluate 3500 grafts . I have seeing few good reviews in this forum also about Dr. Bicer and I’m thinking to contact her clinic as well and open for any other surgeons suggestions for my case . 
I consulted with 2 other clinics Eugenix and Bisanga they evaluate 2500-3000 grafts would like to hear your opinion on the grafts number. Bisanga not an option out of my budget and Eugenix prefer not to travel to India for now so both not on my list anymore. 

I appreciate your help :) 

5E267E0D-77D4-4C04-9FDC-600195FDF8B5.thumb.jpeg.76ae8055d39dbc7d3e4a0a406f661d35.jpegA1431B53-0DEB-4A93-9002-55A1D93B6BA7.thumb.jpeg.e3dc3a615b8e5cec01bf8ac213397e6f.jpegF1CF3E4D-BFED-4884-9ACF-B81D873C0CFB.thumb.jpeg.571616785aa041032b9c7684f7aafcfc.jpegFFAB6EDE-1540-4F1C-A692-212F7C57934E.thumb.jpeg.c0f4f089fa4b54c7d0dd4191e16a5d10.jpeg6EFA5C4A-583D-4EA0-8A57-A9C2655AB8CC.thumb.jpeg.bf2851aa98ad5e09405cd01358f47f3d.jpeg

Just my opinion but Pekiner and Ferreira are significantly above the level of Bicer. For Turkish options I don't think anyone who can argue in good faith that Bicer does better or equivalent work to Pekiner or even ASMED for that matter. 

• Like 1

Keep saving until you can afford the Dr you want to visit (within a budget that is of reason to your circumstances) - whether that be an extra few months of putting money aside, or even a year. 

You’ve lost a bit for 31, but the rest of your hair doesn’t look like it’s been affected by MPB at all going off your pics - however that is not to say that it will stay like that, most likely it won’t. However your hair calibre is strong, and your beard is dense - so you’re not in a bad place at all. Your pattern of loss and hair thickness reminds me somewhat of @lukeyb1687 - although I’m not suggesting you visit the surgeon he went to, just more of an observation of what could be achieved. 

For your case, I’d be favouring one of the decent European FUE surgeons, potentially in spain of Portugal, as your hair type appears similar to those of Mediterranean descent, in which they obviously have a lot more experience on working with  -

Dr BF, Dr De Freitas, Dr Lorenzo,

Dr Pinto - I’ve seen a few good cases and heard good things, however know less of him than the others 

Dr Bisanga, Dr Feriduni, Dr Mwamba, 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Depp said:

I prefer not to take it right now because of the side effects. 

So you've experienced side effects or you're scared of them? 

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

8 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Keep saving until you can afford the Dr you want to visit (within a budget that is of reason to your circumstances) - whether that be an extra few months of putting money aside, or even a year. 

You’ve lost a bit for 31, but the rest of your hair doesn’t look like it’s been affected by MPB at all going off your pics - however that is not to say that it will stay like that, most likely it won’t. However your hair calibre is strong, and your beard is dense - so you’re not in a bad place at all. Your pattern of loss and hair thickness reminds me somewhat of @lukeyb1687 - although I’m not suggesting you visit the surgeon he went to, just more of an observation of what could be achieved. 

For your case, I’d be favouring one of the decent European FUE surgeons, potentially in spain of Portugal, as your hair type appears similar to those of Mediterranean descent, in which they obviously have a lot more experience on working with  -

Dr BF, Dr De Freitas, Dr Lorenzo,

Dr Pinto - I’ve seen a few good cases and heard good things, however know less of him than the others 

Dr Bisanga, Dr Feriduni, Dr Mwamba, 

Thanks for your advice I just looked at @lukeyb1687 results looks very good why you don’t suggesting his surgeon? 

1 minute ago, Depp said:

Thanks for your advice I just looked at @lukeyb1687 results looks very good why you don’t suggesting his surgeon? 

It’s a tech based clinic, so results are a throw of a dice. He got a good result - but there’s no guarantee You’ll have the same team and protocols operate on you. 

edit - a good result growth wise. Hairline design could have been more aesthetic IMO. 

Edited by Curious25

Please don’t even consider any hair mills such as Cinik etc. Massive risk and it’s not worth taking ! Not when you do have decent options such as Demirsoy and Bicer that are still affordable and are actually involved in the transplants. 
Don’t choose a random tech team ima place doing in excess of 10 patients per day. 
Unless you pay more then Cinik wouldn’t even be involved anyway. Same with ASMED, only the top option does Dr Erdogan get involved. Which to be fair would be a good option as he has always done particularly good hairlines. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Depp said:

I think I will save some more money and focus on Dr. B.F and Pekiner if there is any difference/preference between one to another?  

Personally I would lean more towards Dr BF, purely based on the fact that I have seen a higher volume of decent patient posted results in the last year - however that’s not say there aren’t any Pekiner ones, I just haven’t came across them on the forums I’m active on. 

34 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Personally I would lean more towards Dr BF, purely based on the fact that I have seen a higher volume of decent patient posted results in the last year - however that’s not say there aren’t any Pekiner ones, I just haven’t came across them on the forums I’m active on. 

Beside here in the forum I couldn’t find a lot of information about Dr B.F even there isn’t much before and after photos in his social media networks or online in other forums. 
This is what makes me a little hesitate. 

• Like 1

You realize without stopping androgens from attacking your hair follicles you're going to continue to lose hair behind any transplant you get. In fact the transplanted hair is more likely to be affected by androgenic alopecia and could possibly fall out as well over time. If you haven't even tried finasteride or any anti androgen whether it's oral or topical you should think very seriously about doing so before even contemplating a transplant. 

On 10/2/2021 at 5:08 PM, BDK081522 said:

You realize without stopping androgens from attacking your hair follicles you're going to continue to lose hair behind any transplant you get. In fact the transplanted hair is more likely to be affected by androgenic alopecia and could possibly fall out as well over time. If you haven't even tried finasteride or any anti androgen whether it's oral or topical you should think very seriously about doing so before even contemplating a transplant. 

I talked with Dr B.F he will not preform a surgery without taking finasteride 1mg 3 times a week for at least 4 months prior surgery, I would deeply research and let’s  see maybe I will change my mind. 
Do you think guys any doctor recommend the same ? I’m thinking to get couple consultations from other Dr and maybe try to avoid the medication .

Edited by Depp
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Any ethical surgeon would tell you to attempt to try finasteride to maximize keeping the hair that you already have. I agree that it is a personal decision but micro dosing every second day as suggested by Dr B.F. mentioned does work. You need to have a life plan if you decide to go down the hair transplant route. You will eventually need more surgery eventually so you need to be committed to finding the best surgeon who can meet your needs. Otherwise you can end up spending far more in the long run. Really do some research (and I realise you have been patient) and remember you can always get a hair transplant 'tomorrow.'