Help to make a decision

On 10/1/2021 at 11:47 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Dr Freitas is €3.50 for first 1000 grafts and then €2.50 thereafter, is that within your budget ? 

Hi, 

After your advice I contact Dr. De Freitas and I receive email from his clinic, the Dr evaluate 3000 grafts same as Dr Bisanga which is less then Dr BF that evaluate 3500-3700 I’m really considering Dr BF base on recommendation here in the forum. But don’t understand why there is a different on graft amount between the doctors something that I need to pay attention or reconsider the Dr ? 
And I asked Dr. De Freitas clinic who operate the surgery they said: The extraction is done by technicians, the implantation by the Dr is this is something that gives Dr. BF advantage over Dr. De Freitas since he does the extraction and the implication by himself? 

Edited by Depp

28 minutes ago, Depp said:

Hi, 

After your advice I contact Dr. De Freitas and I receive email from his clinic, the Dr evaluate 3000 grafts same as Dr Bisanga which is less then Dr BF that evaluate 3500-3700 I’m really considering Dr BF base on recommendation here in the forum. But don’t understand why there is a different on graft amount between the doctors something that I need to pay attention or reconsider the Dr ? 
And I asked Dr. De Freitas clinic who operate the surgery they said: The extraction is done by technicians, the implantation by the Dr is this is something that gives Dr. BF advantage over Dr. De Freitas since he does the extraction and the implication by himself? 

The estimations are different simply because the doctors are different at the end of the day - they just envision their respective plans of attack, so to speak, to differ.

Different designs, hairline placement heights, amount of grafts implanted to blend into native hair etc aren't going to be the exact same between surgeons and so they inevitably will see the need for a different number of grafts to fit their plan. This is all based on photo evaluation anyway, and the real number can and often does change on the day of the surgery once the doctor can really see how the scalp looks. Sometimes it's more than initially quoted, sometimes it's less. Regardless, 3000-3500 both seem like accurate estimates for your case, and the difference is fairly small here in how they see things.

As for your second question, does this give an innate or clear advantage in favour of Ferreira over De Freitas, yes and no in my opinion. At the end of the day, results are what matter, and a number of the top clinics in the world are largely technician based in this manner with strong doctor oversight/supervision. If they have and continue to put out top notch results consistently year after year, then it's irrelevant how this outcome comes about. At the same time, it's a very nice touch when a doctor is involved in all stages as Ferreira is and it's fairly rare to come across. You know exactly who is going to be doing what on your head, and it's the doctor themselves who you have chosen.

Either way, they're both good, just pick who you feel most comfortable with. 

3 hours ago, Depp said:

Hi, 

Results matter as @JDEE0mentions. And that’s not really too much of a difference in graft counts. It normally changes when they see you in person, sometimes a little either way, sometimes more. 
These are all really good choices, and it can depend on who’s results your prefer. It’s subjective though, personally I prefer the hairlines that De Freitas creates. But of course others will prefer BF or Bisanga. Look at as many results as possible and see who’s work you prefer ! Your not going to make a bad choice with elite Drs.

• Like 1

My scalp is prone to greasiness, the length and ends are dry, split, the hair is thin to the shoulders, there is almost no volume, there is no dandruff, they are not colored, no. The purchase of shampoo against hair loss had to be made when the hair wanted to fall out abundantly from the hair. Many people face a similar problem, and I was mentally prepared for the likelihood of such a situation and looked at shampoos aimed at strengthening hair growth and fighting hair loss in advance. According to numerous reviews on the Internet and friends' recommendations, the choice fell on a good Shampoo toning against hair loss. And the effect surprised me very much.

Edited by theronortego

I'm relatively new to this but would appreciate if someone can help me understand this better.

What exactly do the other doctors charging > 2.5 (Pekiner, Ferrier, de Freitas) do better than someone like Bicer who charges only 1.5 for micromotor extraction? I've looked extensively at all their results on here, as well os on Alopezie and Bellicapelli and see that Bicer's work seems equally good?

1. Is it just that it's more likely to be a hit and miss with the technicians doing the implantation?

2. is the micromotor technique inferior to the manual punch technique as far as graft survival and preservation go?

Would really appreciate if someone can shed light on this. Bicer's work seems awesome but it seems like I'm missing something if it's an entire Euro cheaper than the other surgeons' work...

24 minutes ago, andrus said:

Bicer's work seems awesome but it seems like I'm missing something if it's an entire Euro cheaper than the other surgeons' work...

I have seen some nice results of Bicer, but did not dig deep into here results. Anyway, I believe, that you are missing the most important point. Bicer is also not "an entire € cheaper", she is 3+ € cheaper than most top clinics in Europe and maybe 8+ € than the top US clinics. Why is that?

- Micromotor and technicians involvement play a small role (you can make an entire thread about motor vs. manual punch)

- Location and local cost play a huge role. 

- Longevity plays a huge role (younger, unknown clinic charge typically less)

In the end, the market makes the price as always. 

1 hour ago, andrus said:

I'm relatively new to this but would appreciate if someone can help me understand this better.

What exactly do the other doctors charging > 2.5 (Pekiner, Ferrier, de Freitas) do better than someone like Bicer who charges only 1.5 for micromotor extraction? I've looked extensively at all their results on here, as well os on Alopezie and Bellicapelli and see that Bicer's work seems equally good?

1. Is it just that it's more likely to be a hit and miss with the technicians doing the implantation?

2. is the micromotor technique inferior to the manual punch technique as far as graft survival and preservation go?

Would really appreciate if someone can shed light on this. Bicer's work seems awesome but it seems like I'm missing something if it's an entire Euro cheaper than the other surgeons' work...

Its just that these you mentioned have been appreciated for a longer time. I am sure Bicer will be 2+ euro in two to three years when she have gained a reputation everywhere that she is a great Dr.

I have alot of respect for De Freitas results, which in the end is the most important thing. But I would never ever choose him myself because he does 2 patients a day. For 3,50 euro per graft I would choose someone who does only 1.

Edited by digi23

6 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Its just that these you mentioned have been appreciated for a longer time. I am sure Bicer will be 2+ euro in two to three years when she have gained a reputation everywhere that she is a great Dr.

Like @Gasthoerer explained it’s about location and Dr. Bicer being located in Turkey won’t be able to increase her price to 2€/graft because all other Turkish Doctors in that price point are doing the whole surgery themselves with a more demanding/skilled technique. 

Edited by Portugal25

4 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Like @Gasthoerer explained it’s about location and Dr. Bicer being located in Turkey won’t be able to increase her price to 2€/graft because all Turkish other Doctors in that price point are doing the whole surgery themselves with a more demanding/skilled technique. 

I am not going to argue again with you about techniques because its no point.

Bicer did increase her price recently, she was 1,25 euro per graft. I am very sure that if she goes up to 1,75 euro per graft she will be fully booked for months to come anyways. She could do 1,75 then 2 euro after a while. Pekiner is 2,50, maybe she need to be lower than him, that I will agree on.

Edited by digi23

Dr Bicers current pricing:

FUE Automated : 1.5€ / per graft (3500€ – 6000€ for a hair transplant), up to 4000 grafts in one session
FUE Manual : 01.08.2021-31.10.2021 instead of 3€, only 2.5€ / graft (up to 2000 grafts in one session)
Strip (FUT): 3500€
Beard: 2500€ – 4500€
Eyebrows: 2500€ – 3500€
Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP): 500€ – 1000€