Finally Planned my Procedure with Eugenix next month

Osman1234

Hey guys,
I have my procedure finally scheduled next month, nervous about how things will go, I will start a new thread once I have my procedure done to share my experiences,
Guys please need your opinion on this,
I have my procedure schdeuled at Eugenix Clinic in India for october 13
I have been using minoxidil + finestride topical solution since 2 months.
I have seen that people stop using finestride before surgery and I am advised by the clinic to stop like 15 days before surgery.
Could you please guide me on when to stop and why do people stop using finestride before surgery?

9 hours ago, Osman1234 said:
Hey guys,
I have my procedure finally scheduled next month, nervous about how things will go, I will start a new thread once I have my procedure done to share my experiences,
Guys please need your opinion on this,
I have my procedure schdeuled at Eugenix Clinic in India for october 13
I have been using minoxidil + finestride topical solution since 2 months.
I have seen that people stop using finestride before surgery and I am advised by the clinic to stop like 15 days before surgery.
Could you please guide me on when to stop and why do people stop using finestride before surgery?

Congratulations and good luck!

Did the clinic ask you to stop Fin? Probably Minoxidil?

It is recommended to stop Minoxidil as it works by widening blood vessels and opening potassium channels, allowing more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles. THis can cause excessive bleeding during surgery/recuperation.

• Like 1

@rishibostonian thank you, yeah the person who deals with my case at eugenix recommended me to stop, when i first asked me he was saying to stop around 1 month before, when i asked him for second time he said stopping 15 days prior to surgery is fine.

@JohnAC71 thanks man!

@Egy I use a topical solution of both minoxidil + finasteride blended together by a clinic for me, I cannot stop them individually, if i choose to stop i have to stop both,

@MazAB thank you, will definitely share my experience, 

so stopping minoxidil 15 days prior to op will be fine? I have my op on 3rd oct so 23 days remaining, 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Osman1234 said:

@Egy I use a topical solution of both minoxidil + finasteride blended together by a clinic for me, I cannot stop them individually, if i choose to stop i have to stop both,

Now their recommendation makes a little more sense. So you can't stop one without the other. And maybe the clinic doesn't want you to apply anything topical to the area a few days before surgery.

You could

1. Ask them to clarify with Dr Bansal or Dr Sethi and stress that you'd like to continue Fin. And continue topical Fin

OR

2. Switch to oral Fin for that time frame?

• Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t see any reason why you’d stop finasteride before surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@rishibostonian Yeah he specifically suggested to continue with oral finasteride, but I currently live in Canada so its very difficult to get the drug without prescription. 

well, my safest option is stop the topical minox+fin solution 15 days prioir, I am assuming that It should not cause a lot of damage to my hairs that 15 days of break

from minox+fin solution. 

@Melvin- Moderator  its a topical minoxidil + finestride blended solution which i am using currently, they are probably intending me to stop minoxidil.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-12 at 1.34.48 PM.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Minoxidil whether topical or oral generally is ceased 4 weeks prior to surgery as it's a vasodiolator (which can enhance bleeding). Finasteride is fine but ask Eugenix. They are probably one of, if not, the best when it comes to patient/surgeon communication. I look forward to following your updates. All the best!

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Osman1234 said:

@rishibostonian Yeah he specifically suggested to continue with oral finasteride, but I currently live in Canada so its very difficult to get the drug without prescription. 

well, my safest option is stop the topical minox+fin solution 15 days prioir, I am assuming that It should not cause a lot of damage to my hairs that 15 days of break

from minox+fin solution. 

@Melvin- Moderator  its a topical minoxidil + finestride blended solution which i am using currently, they are probably intending me to stop minoxidil.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-12 at 1.34.48 PM.jpeg

Ahh ok that makes sense I thought you were taking oral fin.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.