Dr. Glenn Charles Instagram Q&A Live Next Week

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I have another world class surgeon doing an Instagram Live Q&A with me next week. Dr. Glenn Charles was one of the first surgeons to own and operate the Artas robotic FUE device, he did the training. Who better than Dr. Charles to tell us the truth about the device. He's also an expert in the field of TRT, he works with a lot of retired athletes and after having some good discussions last week regarding TRT and finasteride. I think this will be a fantastic topic to talk about with Dr. Charles. The date and time is TBD, but once I get the time scheduled I will announce it here. So if you guys have any questions, ask away. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You read my mind Melvin.  I logged in this morning to ask why are doctors ( in particular Florida doctors) using the Artas device when most opinions and reviews I've read have been negative ?  It seems the majority feel the HT success rate is quite low.  Is this actually true ?

I say in particular Florida doctors btw because at the moment I am unable to travel as I'm taking care of two elderly family members.  So it's Florida or nothing at the moment.

So yes, please do ask about the Artas device. What is the actual success rate and can it be used for body hair as well ?

- New Hair

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NewHare said:

You read my mind Melvin.  I logged in this morning to ask why are doctors ( in particular Florida doctors) using the Artas device when most opinions and reviews I've read have been negative ?  It seems the majority feel the HT success rate is quite low.  Is this actually true ?

I say in particular Florida doctors btw because at the moment I am unable to travel as I'm taking care of two elderly family members.  So it's Florida or nothing at the moment.

So yes, please do ask about the Artas device. What is the actual success rate and can it be used for body hair as well ?

- New Hair

Sure I’ll ask him, he’ll be in a perfect position to answer truthfully.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Alright guys, the time is scheduled for Tuesday August 3rd at 3pm eastern time and 12 noon pacific time. Dr. Glenn Charles is the person to ask about Creatine, Whey protein, etc. Hope you guys can join us. 

Dr. Glenn Charles.png

View my thread

• Administrators
On 7/29/2021 at 9:46 PM, RandoBrando517 said:

What are his thoughts on creatine and finasteride? Is fin enough to lower the affects? 

Sure will ask him. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
  • Like 3

View my thread

Not hating on all the hard work you put into this forum Melvin, but can we please get the cliff notes for the Artas machine and what his opinion on it is??

My attention span sucks, I can barely watch a video for 6 minutes, let alone  60 😳

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Westview said:

Not hating on all the hard work you put into this forum Melvin, but can we please get the cliff notes for the Artas machine and what his opinion on it is??

My attention span sucks, I can barely watch a video for 6 minutes, let alone  60 😳

Basically he no longer uses it, as he feels he can get better results with a motorized punch. But he knows some doctors getting good results with the artas. He hasn’t updated the software in two years, so it could have improved since. 

• Like 1

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Basically he no longer uses it, as he feels he can get better results with a motorized punch. But he knows some doctors getting good results with the artas. He hasn’t updated the software in two years, so it could have improved since. 

I cannot remember seeing any good results using ARTAS… I was offered it once and ran in the other direction. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

I cannot remember seeing any good results using ARTAS… I was offered it once and ran in the other direction. 

Thats pretty much what I seen as well.

But as Melvin says technology improves over time, so who's to say what ARTAS does now these days, although I wouldnt risk my grafts on it

• Administrators

I’ve seen some good results from Dr. Nusbaum and Dr. Shaver with the Artas. Would it be better if it were manual? I don’t know, but there are some good docs using it.

View my thread

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve seen some good results from Dr. Nusbaum and Dr. Shaver with the Artas. Would it be better if it were manual? I don’t know, but there are some good docs using it.

Melvin how about Dr. Alexander in Phoenix?  He is doing Artas fue extraction. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, gatorNic said:

Melvin how about Dr. Alexander in Phoenix?  He is doing Artas fue extraction. 

I wasn’t aware he does Artas, haven’t seen any of his recent results to say.

View my thread

@Melvin- Moderator Really enjoyed this interview Melvin, watched the whole thing.  It really is an asset to this forum that you do all of these interviews, keep 'em coming! 

• Thanks 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On 8/4/2021 at 7:33 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

What is meant by a motorized punch ?  

On 8/4/2021 at 7:33 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Basically he no longer uses it, as he feels he can get better results with a motorized punch. But he knows some doctors getting good results with the artas. He hasn’t updated the software in two years, so it could have improved since

Melvin when you find the time, this sounds like an interesting project to take on.  It seems some/most are not really up to speed on this device.

Most seem to write it off, which may not be in their/our best interest.

NH

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NewHare said:

Melvin when you find the time, this sounds like an interesting project to take on.  It seems some/most are not really up to speed on this device.

Most seem to write it off, which may not be in their/our best interest.

NH

I could reach out to Dr. Shaver who uses it regularly. 

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

He is a good Doctor and clinic seemed nice. But last year he was using ARTAS so I had to go with other option. I was hesitant to go under a Robot then. I have watched Terminator too many times. Maybe technology will improve if given a chance but I don't want to be the one giving it a chance 🙂 .