Transplanted hair limited length?!

Hello,

I am curious to know if I am the only here who have a limited hair growth as my transplanted hair stop growing when it reach 5 cm!! It is really wired😤

If I buzz my hair it will grow normally till reaching 5 cm. I tried PRP, Whey hair protein, B -complex but nothing works 😟

looking to hear from you guys..

• Administrators

Any pictures? My hair grows long.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

How long ago was your procedure?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

How does your hair "stop" growing after a certain length? Does it fall out at 5cm? I don't think its possible for hair to just like not grow. 

I'm not sure if this helps your situation at all, but my transplant hair has a really curly texture and is very hard to style when it's a short-ish length. The more it grows out and the longer the length is, the tamer it gets and the more easy it is to style. 

Edited by SadMan2021

When hair stops growing, especially prematurely, it is usually related to a shorter growth (anagen) phase....that being said, the average individual's hair grows at a rate of approximately 1/2 inch per month...so at 5 inches, that would equate to an average of 10 months?...I do not know if a shorter growth phase is the case for you but if the hair does not grow any longer in length, I cannot think of what else it could be.

Have you discussed this with your surgeon?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

How does your hair "stop" growing after a certain length? Does it fall out at 5cm? I don't think its possible for hair to just like not grow. 

I'm not sure if this helps your situation at all, but my transplant hair has a really curly texture and is very hard to style when it's a short-ish length. The more it grows out and the longer the length is, the tamer it gets and the more easy it is to style. 

No of course it doesn't fall out at 5cm 🤣. If I buzz my hair, it will grow but up to a certain length (5cm), then no longer at all.  

10 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Are you on finasteride? Your transplanted hair may be thinning.

I was on it for along time without any noticeable improvements so I stopped using it recently and I don't think I am suffering from thinning. 

4 hours ago, gentel_man83 said:

I was on it for along time without any noticeable improvements so I stopped using it recently and I don't think I am suffering from thinning. 

What you think and what reality is may be two different things...I would have a doctor check if it is miniaturizing just to be sure. 

On 7/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, gentel_man83 said:

IMG_5581.jpg

What about all these stubbles in the front. Did they ever grow? Have you tried to pick them out? Do they have any resistance when trying to pick them?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 1:44 PM, Rocketman1 said:

What about all these stubbles in the front. Did they ever grow? Have you tried to pick them out? Do they have any resistance when trying to pick them?

Yes I pick them out when they grow (with some resistance).