3300 FUT with Dr. Konior 6/22/21

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, a family member was diagnosed with cancer and it' been a rough ride. Between that and work my hair has been the last thing on my mind. Needless to say I couldn't be happier with the results so far, especially knowing I have a ways to go before the final result. I look forward to more growth and maturing. Since the majority of work was done on the mid/crown it could keep getting better for a while. The hair on the sides and back has grown in nicely and the scar is very difficult to find.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves!

The first pic is towel dried and damp, the second is combed forward dry with a side by side of where I was at to begin with.

6m1.jpg

6m3.jpg

6m4.jpg

6m6.jpg

6m7.jpg

6m8.jpg

6m9.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a full head of hair to me.  Congrats! 👏

Happy you went FUT?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Nice one.

I think you've got some great donor hair there as it looks quite thick already.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

This is super impressive for 6 months and with damp hair 🙌🏼6010B5BE-2692-4107-8D78-B1634015FF25.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Looks like a full head of hair to me.  Congrats! 👏

Happy you went FUT?

Absolutely! I had originally planned on two procedures with the next being an FUE touch up. It's looking like I may not need to once everything has grown in and matured. Also, going FUT with Konior allows more grafts in one procedure and I wanted to get the most out of one that I could.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Nice one.

I think you've got some great donor hair there as it looks quite thick already.

Thanks! One side took a little longer to grow in than the rest. I can definitely tell the back is not as thick as it once was, but I'm pretty used to that now and very happy with how it looks.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is super impressive for 6 months and with damp hair 🙌🏼6010B5BE-2692-4107-8D78-B1634015FF25.jpeg

It sure is, it's still a shock looking in the mirror sometimes. I am so happy with the Dr. I chose and these forums helped me get there!

@JDude82 what was the waitlist like for you? For me personally, the year long waitlist to get operated on by Dr. K is more intimidating than the $12/graft cost. 

also, I'm curious if your native scalp hair matches the texture/characteristics of the donor hair? is your native scalp hair just as wavy?

Edited by SadMan2021

3 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

@JDude82 what was the waitlist like for you? For me personally, the year long waitlist to get operated on by Dr. K is more intimidating than the $12/graft cost. 

also, I'm curious if your native scalp hair matches the texture/characteristics of the donor hair? is your native scalp hair just as wavy?

I waited around 6-7 months, but I reached out to Konior in November of 2020 and things were a bit different that year with restrictions etc. I wouldn't be surprised if his schedule is back to normal now. 

The texture of the donor hair is definitely different. My native hair up top was fine and slightly wavy, the donor hair is thicker it seems and wavy. It blends together with the native hair very well so no complaints here!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Your donor hair is outstanding. 3300 is not a lot of grafts for an area like that but I think it will be enough for full coverage with caliber and waviness like yours.

Thanks! That is one reason I went into this with confidence. My doctor that got me on finasteride told me I would be an excellent candidate for transplant due to my donor hair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Roughly 8 month update!

Included a pic of the hair combed forward wet and some better shots of the crown. I also included a pic of the hairline on both sides. The hairline was not the focus for my restoration and Konior said we would just add a bit to them so the majority of grafts could be used in the mid and crown. While I don't think the results in the hairline are anything to brag about, they certainly help with styling since there was nothing there before.

One last thing to note. The texture of my hair is now wildly different than it was before. Very wavy/curly. I love this as it seems to make my hair look much denser.

All in all I am floored with the results! I would love to go back and get a small touch up to the crown with FUE, but I will wait a while before making that decision.

8m1.jpg

8m2.jpg

8m3.jpg

8m4.jpg

8m5.jpg

8m6.jpg

8m7.jpg

Edited by JDude82
Picture size
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JDude82 said:

One last thing to note. The texture of my hair is now wildly different than it was before. Very wavy/curly. I love this as it seems to make my hair look much denser.

Why do you think this is? Is your donor hair wavy/curly?

My own native frontal hair is straight, but my transplant hair is curly. I actually hate it, but to each their own 👍