Dr Mwamba (FUEClinic - Brussels, Belgium) 1200 BHT donor area repair job - there is hope for your decimated donor!

• Administrators
On 11/21/2022 at 9:35 AM, gimpoli said:

Hey everyone. Long time since my last update.

I went AGAIN for another round with Mwamba in July 2022. 4 months later and the results are GREAT. This time he took mostly beard (and more chest) units. I am happy with how things are now. That, combined with oral minoxidil tabs, a good laser cap, things are fantastic. I feel like I am basically restored, even though I keep a short back and sides, no concerns or self-consciousness. Guy is a legend, trust in him!

Look forward to seeing another update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, gimpoli said:

I wanted to follow up on this post. As everyone knows I wasn't as happy with the last session somehow. @mustangreminded me that what had probably actually happened was the previous SMP had faded. There's a good chance he was right and when I went back for another session of SMP (so damn painful) it once again improved the donor appearance, particularly when the hair is shorter (0-1 grade).

I have actually decided to book another day with Mwamba for 500 grafts in July, @mustangagain, valuable in making my decision. This time I might extract from the beard, coarser hair to sit on the top sections that hair never seemed to 'settle on'. I am wondering if in some places, hair just doesn't settle well (or pigment as in SMP, for that matter) on scar tissue. I know everyone is different and for some it grows out perfectly. Obviously there's less blood supply to a scar so the hair may just fall out.

I really hope my next session is more successful but it's definitely good to combine. Get the HTP reparation first and then SMP. I think it really needs 2-3 SMP sessions to get results. Attaching photos PRE SMP and why I decided to go for a third repairation with Mwamba.

pelo3.jpg

pelo2.jpg

pelo1.jpg

Amazing improvement. What a great option is combining BHT and SMP!
And Mwamba is maybe among the best doing BHT with his unique technique. Thank you for sharing such valuable info.

• 4 months later...

@gimpoli great results ! Can you have some updates ?

Also how's chest hair growing ? Is it curly, grows fast ? What about anagen/telogen phases, do you think hair mimic scalp hair ? Did pigment return after transplantation ?

On 4/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, gimpoli said:

I wanted to follow up on this post. As everyone knows I wasn't as happy with the last session somehow. @mustangreminded me that what had probably actually happened was the previous SMP had faded. There's a good chance he was right and when I went back for another session of SMP (so damn painful) it once again improved the donor appearance, particularly when the hair is shorter (0-1 grade).

I have actually decided to book another day with Mwamba for 500 grafts in July, @mustangagain, valuable in making my decision. This time I might extract from the beard, coarser hair to sit on the top sections that hair never seemed to 'settle on'. I am wondering if in some places, hair just doesn't settle well (or pigment as in SMP, for that matter) on scar tissue. I know everyone is different and for some it grows out perfectly. Obviously there's less blood supply to a scar so the hair may just fall out.

I really hope my next session is more successful but it's definitely good to combine. Get the HTP reparation first and then SMP. I think it really needs 2-3 SMP sessions to get results. Attaching photos PRE SMP and why I decided to go for a third repairation with Mwamba.

pelo3.jpg

pelo2.jpg

pelo1.jpg

That donor repair is really working. What a change! Congratulations.

• 8 months later...