~2700 grafts with Dr. Cinik (FUE)

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the growth! At month #9 it looks quite natural to me, esp. on the left side.

Earlier though, I understand why some have commented on the unnatural look: the transition from temples into the hairline looked a little too sharp. From the Ultimate Hair Transplant guide by Matt Dominance:

image.thumb.png.927ce5ab560b71b51d2f471280c07549.png

But now at 9 months, it looks closer to the recommended image from the e-book:

image.png.27bdf4bd9c4cd02307009f80b5dd3ba4.png

• Well Done 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here's month 10. I think it's still filling in/thickening up. Regardless, although I wouldn't go back to Cinik, I am also not dissatisfied with the results. Note that you can see some of the FUE scars on the right side of my hair when I buzz down to a #1/2. Not sure if this is normal, I'm thinking maybe overharvested / damaged on that side. It's more noticeable in real life, but I still don't really care about it much.   

20220316_220317.jpg

20220316_220334.jpg

20220316_220339.jpg

20220316_220512.jpg

Edited by silent1337

11 hours ago, silent1337 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here's month 10. I think it's still filling in/thickening up. Regardless, although I wouldn't go back to Cinik, I am also not dissatisfied with the results. Note that you can see some of the FUE scars on the right side of my hair when I buzz down to a #1/2. Not sure if this is normal, I'm thinking maybe overharvested / damaged on that side. It's more noticeable in real life, but I still don't really care about it much.   

20220316_220317.jpg

20220316_220334.jpg

20220316_220339.jpg

20220316_220512.jpg

It looks very good. Enjoy your new hair mate ! Did you select the package where Dr Cinik does the incisions in the recipient area?

15 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

It looks very good. Enjoy your new hair mate ! Did you select the package where Dr Cinik does the incisions in the recipient area?

Yeah I did. I do think his choice of hairline design is generally pretty good, but ultimately the most important parts of the process are in the hands of the techs - which seems to be a gamble.

Edited by silent1337
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, silent1337 said:

Yeah I did. I do think his choice of hairline design is generally pretty good, but ultimately the most important parts of the process are in the hands of the techs - which seems to be a gamble.

So Cinik did the channel opening in ur case. The most important part of the procedure is the channel opening, and then the extraction. In many clinics the doctor does only the incisions, where extraction can be done by technicians. For example in Asmed Dr erdogan does only the incisions as well, Freitas and Lorenzo do the implantation where the extraction is done by technicians. In eugenix channel opening is done by doctor extraction and implantation of grafts are done by technicians. So in many clinics techs take part in some parts of the procedure.

Edited by Gramatik

On 3/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, Gramatik said:

For example in Asmed Dr erdogan does only the incisions as well, Freitas and Lorenzo do the implantation where the extraction is done by technicians.

Lorenzo does not do all of the implantation anymore.

8 hours ago, shadowcast said:

Lorenzo does not do all of the implantation anymore.

I am sure that Lorenzo does not do the extraction. I have also heard that Lorenzo is not doing all the implantation alone. I think he may does about 70% of the implantation and the rest is done from whom? from a tech? For the price he charges, he should be doing all the steps of the procedure alone. He is too expensive for his involvement in the procedure.

5 hours ago, Gramatik said:

I have also heard that Lorenzo is not doing all the implantation alone.

Yes, I just said this. He does about 90%. Rest is done by a young tech. Although I don't believe this is true for all cases he does, probably complex repairs and whatnot he does all implantation.

• 1 month later...

1 year update:

Overall, I'm ok with it. The results aren't perfect but it was affordable. There are two thick multigrafts on the front of my hairline on the left side (right side in pictures) with 4 hairs in each and it looked a little odd to me, and so I ended up plucking out 1-2 of the hairs and it surprisingly made a big difference.

20220506_133843.jpg

20220506_133845.jpg

20220506_133847.jpg

20220506_133851.jpg

20220506_133854_001.jpg

20220506_134054.jpg

Edited by silent1337
  • Like 1

Looks good to me, especially when I look at the pre op pics. Is it perfect? No but same could be said for most (nearly all) Hts.. I’m quite happy to praise the Cinik results when the decent ones appear 👍🏽

• Like 2

I'm cynical as heck & have had multiple transplants - but for the money you got bang for your buck.  All you really need is a few multis taken out of your hairline & perhaps 200-400 more frontal grafts for ultra refinement.

Even now I probably would be hard pressed to tell you have had work done - and I have a super critical eye.  I would just think you have insanely thick hair.

Your hair quality is that good.

• Like 1

Wow your result is absolutely amazing. Trust me I'd be more happy with such a result. 

Look at EvansLawrence or Bloodhound. They went to HLC, a much morr expensive and "prestigious" clinic. They paid 3 times more than you yet their result is much worse than yours...

You are lucky for getting such an amazing result from Cinik and I am happy for you. 

We all know Cinik has bad reputation for a good reason. Going to him is always a gamble. 

But his 2-3 best teams of tech are capable of producing very nice results. 

Did u get his sister team to work on you ? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad to hear that the results panned out. I agree with what jjsrader said in that at most it could use a minor touchup at some point just to refine the density a bit, but it's not a high priority for me. I think I'm going to wait ~5 years and see how my hairloss progresses and then maybe do another procedure then. I am on finasteride 1.25mg per day so I'm hoping it continues to maintain. 

11 hours ago, lack of bludflow said:

Did u get his sister team to work on you ? 

I'm unsure of which team it was - Cinik's facility has so many of them. I do remember feeling kind of uneasy as it seemed to be mostly college-aged techs. 

• 10 months later...

this looks good for technicians work. you seem to be a perfectionist like me so i am sure you will have another hair transplant in next years to make it look more perfect for your taste ;) go then to a doctor who does it all himself. i was also at cinic 3 years ago, had now my "retouch" with dr. pekiner 1 month ago and i think i made a perfect decision.