This guy could recover from a NW6 without finasteride ( just with hair transplants)

Today during my free time I stumbled upon this old post (2012) from the forum "hairlosstalk". 

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but if not, I think this is a very interesting content to share. 

Here is the link to the post: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-hair-transplants-story-going-from-nw6-to-nw2-i-guess.59732/

Here is the Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#29 

All in all he had 4 hair transplants ( or maybe 5) throughout his life , and I think that this could be another alternative to follow if someone had side effects from finasteride, or it just did not work, or just you are afraid of taking it (my case). Allwauys bearing in mind of course, that one's hair density will never be the same as it was during our teenagers time, but rather a conservative approach can be followed.

Of course, he said he paid all in all 14.000  Euros for all that (6217 grafts in total). 

Enjoy your weekend! 

Well fin is less about regaining your hair than it is about preserving the hair that you do have. Growing back hair is a lucky bonus but not the primary goal. So no one doubts that a transplant can make you look like you're a NW1, the issue that occurs with pure transplants and no meds is that 5 years from now you find out you have a bald patch behind your transplanted hair or your transplanted crown has a ring around it.

• Administrators

I agree, fin contrary to all of the popular posts you see on Reddit and HLT isn't designed to regrow hair. It's designed to keep you from losing more hair. The vast majority of guys don't see much regrowth, if any at all. Only hair transplants will regrow your hair to any significant degree. I recently posted this video on YouTube, no finasteride, several botched hair transplants and now look at him.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

He looks great OP. This is my long term goal, to reach a homogeneous  spread of scalp, beard and chest grafts to create a nice NW1 illusion head of hair. 

Rather than hair cloning, I think people should direct their attention more towards the advancement of utilising grafts more efficiently (Dr Wong recently explained how new techniques have now allowed the crown to not be classed as a black hole anymore) alongside a greater understanding and extraction of beard and chest hair grafts - see Eugenix, bisanga and Mwamba. 

If you can extract upto 7,000 scalp hair grafts from the average donor - and doctors such as Dr Bansal claim they can cover a NW6 with as little as 4,000 grafts (patient dependent) - add to that 7,000 an extra 2,000 BHT and 2,000 chest - you’re looking at decent figures. 

Then you have the likes of Dr Zarev who is extracting upwards of 14k scalp hair grafts from certain patients that fit the criteria -

I think cases like the one you have posted are going to become the norm more and more. 

Just because you don’t want to take an anti androgen doesn’t mean you don’t care about your hair, and in years to come, I don’t think it will be as necessary a requirement for caring  about your hair. 

Edited by Curious25

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

He looks great OP. This is my long term goal, to reach a homogeneous  spread of scalp, beard and chest grafts to create a nice NW1 illusion head of hair. 

Rather than hair cloning, I think people should direct their attention more towards the advancement of utilising grafts more efficiently (Dr Wong recently explained how new techniques have now allowed the crown to not be classed as a black hole anymore) alongside a greater understanding and extraction of beard and chest hair grafts - see Eugenix, bisanga and Mwamba. 

If you can extract upto 7,000 scalp hair grafts from the average donor - and doctors such as Dr Bansal claim they can cover a NW6 with as little as 4,000 grafts (patient dependent) - add to that 7,000 an extra 2,000 BHT and 2,000 chest - you’re looking at decent figures. 

Then you have the likes of Dr Zarev who is extracting upwards of 14k scalp hair grafts from certain patients that fit the criteria -

I think cases like the one you have posted are going to become the norm more and more. 

Just because you don’t want to take an anti androgen doesn’t mean you don’t care about your hair, and in years to come, I don’t think it will be as necessary a requirement for caring  about your hair. 

Good points- Efficient graft placement seems to make a big difference. Yes, I have seen some impressive results from Dr. Arika in NW 5 and 6s with minimal use of grafts @Wandererind @paddyirishman come immediately to mind.

Technology will continue to improve making HTs more and more successful!

• Like 1

@SLA i still wonder how they managed to cover the baldness i had with 4070 odd grafts! very happy with hairline and crown needs to catchup... if at all crown wouldnt end up being completely dense, i would be happy with a decent density at the black hole! hoping for the best! i have around 3000+ scalp grafts and having a good number of beard grafts which makes me feel safer!

• Like 1

i also asked referring a person in their website who had similar baldness pattern. he nearly had 5500 grafts..her reply was, it depends upon skull shape and size and luckily my skull size is very average which is a big advantage! 

Edited by Wandererind
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wandererind said:

@SLA i still wonder how they managed to cover the baldness i had with 4070 odd grafts! very happy with hairline and crown needs to catchup... if at all crown wouldnt end up being completely dense, i would be happy with a decent density at the black hole! hoping for the best! i have around 3000+ scalp grafts and having a good number of beard grafts which makes me feel safer!

You’re fine with another 3000 scalp and a virgin beard ! The crowns no longer a black hole 😉 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

You’re fine with another 3000 scalp and a virgin beard ! The crowns no longer a black hole 😉 

yes true that...still i hope i will get some decent growth as i am just at 4 month mark! but what u said is assuring! thanku so much!

Edited by Wandererind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wandererind said:

i also asked referring a person in their website who had similar baldness pattern. he nearly had 5500 grafts..her reply was, it depends upon skull shape and size and luckily my skull size is very average which is a big advantage! 

Good point and insight @Wandererind!

I am assuming by 'her' you are referring to Dr. Arika. 

In my video consult, I asked the same question of her as I was surprised they recommended only 4,200 grafts for full coverage for my level of loss (I am a nw5/6) and she remarked on my skull shape and some hair remaining in the crown in being able confidently to do it in 4-4.5k grafts. I was like, "Are you sure?" and she said "Yes, with a U shaped hairline."

Of course, I could decide to have my HT with them and show up at the clinic only to have them say..."what are you crazy? There is no way you only need 4k some odd grafts" (LOL- I saw only partially kidding)!

Wishing you continued growth @Wandererind!

• Like 1

yes @SLA i meant dr.arika. haha yes even i was reluctant when they told me it would be around 4000 grafts but after looking at their various cases, i felt they use grafts conservatively! while HT she told me " as u have good donor mostly doubles and triples, i will use the grafts conservatively and will put u on fin if u are ok with jt i am sure it will be enough and will fulfil ur expectations." actually i wanted to go full fledged and like max density thats possible but later i realised its very important to preserve ur donor for future as its invaluable! 

12 minutes ago, Wandererind said:

yes @SLA i meant dr.arika. haha yes even i was reluctant when they told me it would be around 4000 grafts but after looking at their various cases, i felt they use grafts conservatively! while HT she told me " as u have good donor mostly doubles and triples, i will use the grafts conservatively and will put u on fin if u are ok with jt i am sure it will be enough and will fulfil ur expectations." actually i wanted to go full fledged and like max density thats possible but later i realised its very important to preserve ur donor for future as its invaluable! 

Good strategy on being conservative @Wandererind. There seems to be a lot more with the creation of the illusion of density than just the amount of grafts.

The analogy that works best for me is when I give my 8 year old daughter ice cream for dessert. I can create a dense serving with a lot of ice cream or I can create what looks to be the same amount of ice cream covering the exact same surface area with a fraction of the ice cream. From the outside it looks exactly the same- and my daughter stays healthier by eating less ice cream :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1