Best Hair Transplant EVER? You Decide

2 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

Man I knew this would be Aftermath before I opened the link lol. I’m super thrilled with my HT but then I see his results and want to shave my hair off. 😂

Checked out your thread your SMP looks great with the HT 👌

1 hour ago, Aftermath said:

Checked out your thread your SMP looks great with the HT 👌

Thanks! Overall I’m happy with it but then whenever I see your hair I feel like George Constanza. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Thanks! Overall I’m happy with it but then whenever I see your hair I feel like George Constanza. 

Just to put it in perspective fo you mate, this was me after a 2000 graft procedure in the U.K. before finding H&W, now look how great yours looks compared to that mess 😂

0E97E527-3882-4C8D-840A-0E7FE66460BF.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Aftermath said:

Just to put it in perspective fo you mate, this was me after a 2000 graft procedure in the U.K. before finding H&W, now look how great yours looks compared to that mess 😂

Yeah I’ve gone through your whole thread a few times. Yours was definitely a journey. I couldn’t be happier with what I got from one HT, and I know a second would probably alleviate any issues I have but the 6 months of healing/ugly duckling is the worst. I have the “good enough” results I guess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvoXOhio said:

Yeah I’ve gone through your whole thread a few times. Yours was definitely a journey. I couldn’t be happier with what I got from one HT, and I know a second would probably alleviate any issues I have but the 6 months of healing/ugly duckling is the worst. I have the “good enough” results I guess. 

They’re better than “good enough” but one thing I’d say if that’s your main concern is that the ugly duckling stage its nowhere near as bad the second time due to the strong transplanted hairs already there. Just make sure you go to a skilled surgeon since going between existing grafts is far harder and more technique sensitive than putting hair where there was none 

59 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

They’re better than “good enough” but one thing I’d say if that’s your main concern is that the ugly duckling stage its nowhere near as bad the second time due to the strong transplanted hairs already there. Just make sure you go to a skilled surgeon since going between existing grafts is far harder and more technique sensitive than putting hair where there was none 

Makes sense. If I get a second HT it will likely be in 5-10 years if I suffer any additional hair loss by then. Yeah even before seeing your results I had already decided I’d go to H&W if I ever got another HT. You’re just seals the deal on that. 

Also @Aftermath can you tell us your hair styling routine and products? I go back and forth between several products and they all seem to add density, but my hair doesn’t look as smooth and manageable as yours does. I’d be curious to know exactly what you do post hair wash (e.g. air dry versus towel dry versus blow dry, then what products you use and how do you apply them.)

Edited by EvoXOhio

45 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Makes sense. If I get a second HT it will likely be in 5-10 years if I suffer any additional hair loss by then. Yeah even before seeing your results I had already decided I’d go to H&W if I ever got another HT. You’re just seals the deal on that. 

Also @Aftermath can you tell us your hair styling routine and products? I go back and forth between several products and they all seem to add density, but my hair doesn’t look as smooth and manageable as yours does. I’d be curious to know exactly what you do post hair wash (e.g. air dry versus towel dry versus blow dry, then what products you use and how do you apply them.)

No worries, I did talk about it in my thread. I’ve only ever used the same brand for the last 5 years of so which is Aveda. Pics of the products in my thread. 

basically I get out the shower, comb my hair to the parting then blow dry roughly, I then use rogain foam, rub that in and let it dry, then dampen my hair with water, comb it through, add Aveda gel, comb that through, then blow dry to the style, then add the grooming clay with slight damp hands then use the hair spray to hold 

84564DDE-41EF-41EA-894B-04D5785BC94B.jpeg

F215F228-42E8-4236-8F63-9BBAD9885240.png

A0AF65A5-8176-4108-85B0-F6740787E1DC.png

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Do you use a blowdryer too?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

No worries, I did talk about it in my thread. I’ve only ever used the same brand for the last 5 years of so which is Aveda. Pics of the products in my thread. 

basically I get out the shower, comb my hair to the parting then blow dry roughly, I then use rogain foam, rub that in and let it dry, then dampen my hair with water, comb it through, add Aveda gel, comb that through, then blow dry to the style, then add the grooming clay with slight damp hands then use the hair spray to hold 

84564DDE-41EF-41EA-894B-04D5785BC94B.jpeg

F215F228-42E8-4236-8F63-9BBAD9885240.png

A0AF65A5-8176-4108-85B0-F6740787E1DC.png

Awesome thanks so much for reposting this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aftermath said:

Yep, every time, adds better body to the hair for styling, can look a bit limp if you don’t 

What’s crazy for me is I see so many guys say this. But I’ve tried blow drying my hair so many times and it always ends up leaving my hair so much more lifeless and flat compared to towel drying. I don’t know if I’m doing it wrong or it’s just something about my hair type (I have very coarse, wiry, wavy hair.)

18 hours ago, nicoandgello said:

Thats how it looks when you densepack first and then come back for even more refinement. Result like that cant be achieved with one hair transplant, and even if you have two, you still have to choose a very highly skilled surgeon.

That's a lot of hair going into the hairline for a NW5 isn't it? He must be blessed with donor hair

• 2 weeks later...

I do think that this is the best hair transplant I've ever seen, particularly because it was into almost completely bald scalp, involved front to back coverage and was a set of multiple procedures with high graft numbers. 

The thing I've never seen people mention in regards to Aftermath that I think is the major reason why he achieved and was able to get a result this good is the narrowness  of his balding area. Typically on a NW5 pattern there is SIGNIFICANTLY more exposed scalp, on Aftermath the sides extend much higher than usual and the width of midscalp and crown exposed by balding is small. Legitimately freakishly narrow compared to the average patient. 

So what it really comes down to is numbers involved and donor quality. His balding area is probably the narrowest NW5 I've ever seen, he crammed the highest number of grafts I've ever seen in an area that small into it , and did so with surgeon that is probably the most extreme in regards to dense packing, and one of the best in general. 

Agree with Melvin that this is unironically true natural density if not higher than the average non-balding person, at least in the frontal area,

Again, I think looking at his photos and particularly this one its very clear that he is not a normal patient in terms of his specific Norwood pattern, he doesn't fit neatly on the scale and clearly his overall balding area is miniscule compared to 99% of patients.  Its not a matter of luck or even just a good surgeon that he got this result, he's an ideal patient going to an ideal doctor for achieving extremely high graft numbers/dense packing. 

Edited by JayLDD

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

I do think that this is the best hair transplant I've ever seen, particularly because it was into almost completely bald scalp, involved front to back coverage and was a set of multiple procedures with high graft numbers. 

The thing I've never seen people mention in regards to Aftermath that I think is the major reason why he achieved and was able to get a result this good is the narrowness  of his balding area. Typically on a NW5 pattern there is SIGNIFICANTLY more exposed scalp, on Aftermath the sides extend much higher than usual and the width of midscalp and crown exposed by balding is small. Legitimately freakishly narrow compared to the average patient. 

So what it really comes down to is numbers involved and donor quality. His balding area is probably the narrowest NW5 I've ever seen, he crammed the highest number of grafts I've ever seen in an area that small into it , and did so with surgeon that is probably the most extreme in regards to dense packing, and one of the best in general. 

Agree with Melvin that this is unironically true natural density if not higher than the average non-balding person, at least in the frontal area,

Again, I think looking at his photos and particularly this one its very clear that he is not a normal patient in terms of his specific Norwood pattern, he doesn't fit neatly on the scale and clearly his overall balding area is miniscule compared to 99% of patients.  Its not a matter of luck or even just a good surgeon that he got this result, he's an ideal patient going to an ideal doctor for achieving extremely high graft numbers/dense packing. 

No doubt, his high sides, good response to finansteride and super human laxity has added to the result. That’s why he’s our neo.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.