Hair Transplant at HLC 3475 Grafts

Rizgari

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys here is an update: 

photos from Day 10 after removing scabs. Im 2 weeks post OP now not much difference will keep you guys updated. Donor could look better but i guess its normal for now. All in all im very happy until now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Hey buddy. Congrats on the surgery. Dr.Cengiz and Dr. Umut did my surgery 3 months ago 😊.

Dont worry about the donnor, its normal. I see u said u have tried finas but stopped. Why dont you try dutasteride 0,5 just 3 or 4 days a week? Maybe that wont make side effects. I believe worths the try. Being 27 and based on ur prepics I would say its important to stop the alopecia.

Cheers mate. Keep us updated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 weeks post OP:

Shedding intensifies but still not that bad as I expected. But i guess it will be worst as time passes. Some pictures in different light conditions.

different light upper.jpg

front different light .jpg

front.jpg

upper head different 2.jpg

upper head.jpg

Edited by Rizgari
  • Like 1

So you covered front half of your scalp, which is about 87 cm^2? How many cm^2 left for the rest of midscalp and crown to cover on next procedure? 

Edited by GUCCI

Just my opinion, but it may be too early to be sporting such a short fade. Your donor is still healing, it's still a little pink. And maybe a little shock loss, too?

It took about 3 months before I noticed my donor start to fully recover (even though it isn't perfect). Be patient with the healing process. 👍

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Just my opinion, but it may be too early to be sporting such a short fade. Your donor is still healing, it's still a little pink. And maybe a little shock loss, too?

It took about 3 months before I noticed my donor start to fully recover (even though it isn't perfect). Be patient with the healing process. 👍

I agree, let your donor heal before going that short. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

I agree that you not only need to wait for the transplanted hair to grow. But equally so you need to allow the donor area to fully heal. All the tissue trauma takes time to regenerate and to stabilize. Keep the scalp in the donor protected also from things like direct hot sun, etc. Just like the top of your head give the donor area every chance to maximize in it's healing phase. All the best!

I didnt touch the transplanted area at all, i just trimmed the donor area after 3 weeks or something and consulted the clinic beforehand. They said it won't be a problem at all, but you guys are right maybe i should be more patient with the healing.

Any other thoughts on the transplanted area and the shedding? 

My shed started around the 1 month mark. It got real bad at month 2. Stopped around month 3.

If you haven't started to shed yet, maybe you're lucky and won't?! But be prepared for the shed to kick in over the next couple months. :)

I'm never a big fan of implanting hairs in areas where there is still a decent amount of hair that is still semi thick (i.e. your forelock/midscalp). To me I just wouldn't feel comfortable with the possibility of shock loss on what should be considered golden hairs on your head. That being said, so far it looks like everything has gone as good as it could have. I wish you the best.

• 4 months later...