What would have went wrong for this patient?

Hi,

Please check the picture. Someone I know went to a local hair transplant clinic for the surgery in Hyderabad, India. A week ago, surgery was performed on him and It was 3000 grafts. As per him his face was completely swollen after the surgery and subsided in a couple of days, but this is what was left on his face now. When he contacted the doctor, she said that it's his mistake that he might have done excessive scratching. But he told me that he did not do such a thing. I would like to know what would have happened in this case. Is it a reaction due to excess Anastasia or something else? The doctor is a dentist (Master’s of Dental Surgery)

unnamed.jpg

Ravi Vide

This looks rather unusual. Looks to me like hypertrophic scarring or some skin reaction  of some sort. It is quite unusual. Did they use any unusual meds or does he have some allergy to anesthesia?

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

2 hours ago, jagdish said:

Hi,

Please check the picture. Someone I know went to a local hair transplant clinic for the surgery in Hyderabad, India. A week ago, surgery was performed on him and It was 3000 grafts. As per him his face was completely swollen after the surgery and subsided in a couple of days, but this is what was left on his face now. When he contacted the doctor, she said that it's his mistake that he might have done excessive scratching. But he told me that he did not do such a thing. I would like to know what would have happened in this case. Is it a reaction due to excess Anastasia or something else? The doctor is a dentist (Master’s of Dental Surgery)

unnamed.jpg

You say in your post that the doctor is a dentist. Do you mean the hair transplant was performed by a dentist?

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

This looks rather unusual. Looks to me like hypertrophic scarring or some skin reaction  of some sort. It is quite unusual. Did they use any unusual meds or does he have some allergy to anesthesia?

@DrTBarghouthi  Thank you for the response. 

The clinic's website has no earlier HT results posted and it looks like the doctor is just starting up on Hair Transplant surgeries. It looks more like the doctor's mistake than the patient's unusual reaction. I will follow up with the patient on how he is making progress on this. Thank you again for sharing your opinion on this.

Ravi Vide

8 minutes ago, ciaus said:

You say in your post that the doctor is a dentist. Do you mean the hair transplant was performed by a dentist?

Yes Exactly. Unfortunately it's allowed here. 

Ravi Vide

Your friend needs to see a doctor NOW. It definitely looks like hypertrophic scarring and the beginnings of necrosis. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

3 minutes ago, Westview said:

I'm not a doctor but it looks like a giant bloodclot or maybe a hematoma??

Also, I'm 99% certain that is not 3,000 grafts.  Like not even close

You are perfect on the point that it's not even close to 3,000 grafts. It's a very badly done surgery.

Ravi Vide

1 minute ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Your friend needs to see a doctor NOW. It definitely looks like hypertrophic scarring and the beginnings of necrosis. 

@Dr. Suhail Khokhar Thank you for your response. 

I will try to make sure that he will reach out to a doctor tomorrow. 

Ravi Vide

This is just awful, feel sorry for the guy. This is going to lead to permanent scarring most likely. And who knows what kind of result from the Dentist/Dr who has done this very poor procedure. To say it’s not them who have caused it is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Good advice.  Go to an emergency room maybe??

• Like 1

Yeah, India is facing a huge covid surge. The ER there probably won't even see him unfortunately 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

One correction, the doctor is not just a dentist but a Maxillofacial Surgeon as well, so I believe she is qualified for Hair Transplant surgery. But looks like she is not much experienced.

Ravi Vide

My heart goes out for this paitent 🙏🏻

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

If you can share more photos of the procedure it will help, I can ask our doctors at HDC to review what happened.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.