March 15 2021 FUE with Dr. Nadimi

Zodiac

Hi all, long time lurker and finally waited my turn and went to my scheduled appointment with Dr. Nadimi. i was told surgeries are booked out for at least 6 months now

i just want to document my progress. As far as care in the office, everything was extremely professional and accomodating. The doctor kept asking me if i needed any breaks or wanted a snack. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The office asked me to come in and it would be fine to come in everyday for a cleaning too, I was pleased. The grafts came in nice and clean, i didnt see the donor but the staff told me the donor area looks really clean too. Can't wait for progressing the next 6 months!

Before:

IMG_3568.thumb.jpg.945220fe0c8802045cdf4ad7e1f15dc6.jpgIMG_3015.thumb.jpg.77e3c969df3b2a433184cfa45a98caa5.jpg

After: Right after surgery

IMG_3569.thumb.jpg.96ddcee3dde176b092ae2e33a473916f.jpgIMG_3571.thumb.jpg.4b482a0851f4ffee43a73181788dd1fd.jpgIMG_3572.thumb.jpg.20d882bfedb466b5e3deed3e8318870d.jpg

Edited by Zodiac
  • Like 1

• Zodiac changed the title to March 15 2021 FUE with Dr. Nadimi
On 3/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, TorontoMan said:

Who did the extractions and could you post a photo of your donor? Work looks very clean 

Dr Nadimi used a tool to take the grafts and a technician has there to assist her. the doctor was present almost the entire time at the surgery. As far as implantation, there were at least two maybe three techs and Dr. Nadimi all doing something. I think Dr. Nadimi had to step out to remove the sutures for another patient but she came back and was assisting in implantation. I could hear her ask for singles, doubles, and triples. and another tech tell the doctor how many implantations were done thus far.

I'll post donor when i go back to the clinic and clean the area

Edited by Zodiac
  • Like 2

I had a friendly chat with the office manager and she mentioned hollywood actors and stars coming in to do transplants for both dr. konior and dr. nadimi. they couldnt say any names but they told me the ranges were from very famous down to actors in shows and sitcoms. I thought that was interesting

The manager also told me I could come in once a month to check progress for almost a year! Talk about customer service.

Edited by Zodiac
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Dr. Nadimi’s work looks impeccable, very impressed by her skill. I’ll be following your progress closely 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Day 2, pics of donor along with front and sides. No pain to report, I do a gentle trickle shower tomorrow. then neosporin twice daily on the donor :). Everything so far so good

866659195_day2IMG_3587.thumb.jpg.ccf85eeee5985d2393e41fd39200c8b4.jpg

776948915_day2IMG_3589.thumb.jpg.35728c207a706eb2727b881a48999063.jpg

59394108_day2IMG_3591.thumb.jpg.a2db73e95194eff8260cb6b1898be1b7.jpg

919949910_day2IMG_3593.thumb.jpg.c6390ade650f4e24a7a2df3fed2bc7a6.jpg

117063189_day2IMG_3584.thumb.jpg.052253f471ff8dbec9eeb67dbee2397a.jpg

855319099_day2IMG_3585.thumb.jpg.b86d3c7106795ee828e107f7aa80100f.jpg

day 2 IMG_3594.jpg

I must say, nice technique. I can clearly see single transplants in the front to show a natural appearance, multi graphs towards the back. I'll post a 7 day update

I can already feel this will be a good result but time will tell..

• Like 2

I’m curious why she didn’t bring your new hairline down to where your existing hairline currently ends? Your pre-surgery hairline is asymmetric. On the left (left on pictures, may be right side on you) your existing hairline comes down below the new hairline she created. This is going to result in a clump of existing hairs residing below your new hairline. 

is the intention to shave those hairs? Laser removal? Assume they may fall out on their own one day?

I recall seeing something similar on another post, but the extra hair was right in the middle, not off to one side. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

I’m curious why she didn’t bring your new hairline down to where your existing hairline currently ends? Your pre-surgery hairline is asymmetric. On the left (left on pictures, may be right side on you) your existing hairline comes down below the new hairline she created. This is going to result in a clump of existing hairs residing below your new hairline. 

is the intention to shave those hairs? Laser removal? Assume they may fall out on their own one day?

I recall seeing something similar on another post, but the extra hair was right in the middle, not off to one side. 

Hairs will fall out and relatively soon unless you believe in voodoo or think this guy had some hairs fall out because of diet.  Slightly asymmetric hairlines are also totally normal. Plenty of options like shaving it off in the short term and letting nature take its course. Or simply leaving it in which case it also isn’t likely to be especially noticeable at his original length.

What matters is that she placed into existing hairline, so over time it’s not going to end up looking weird.

19 hours ago, WildBlueberry said:

What size punch was used for your donor?

im unsure,

im trying to find this information from other threads on this forum. Anyone know what size punch Dr. Nadimi or Konior use?

They don't just use one punch size for all patients. Follicle characteristics determine the punch size they choose. They can even vary punch size on the same patient when going for fine 1's vs multi graft units. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Went in for another check up. Everything looks like it is healing well. The redness in the recipient area is fading fast. I hope in a month, my scalp will look like I just buzzed my hair short.

Im pretty satisfied already and will comment that the aftercare is very important and often overlooked when choosing a clinic. Especially with the low cost providers overseas...

technique is crucial...

The donor feels normal with no pain or irritation to report. I would say a strength of Dr. Nadimi's technique would be donor management, and probably similarly to Dr. Konior. When I look at other HT cases from other doctors, day 1 and 2 the donor looks so different compared to mine. I dont know the exact punch size used but it appears the punch size used in extraction were very small compared to the other HT cases that look so bloodied. The smaller the punch size appears to be better and faster recovery

Edited by Zodiac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so i had a very short haircut and can see gaps in the donor area, should i post pics? I am assuming this is a temporary thing and will look better over time as the donor fully heals? What are the healing stages of the donor?