Dr. Nadimi - 2000 Grafts FUE

Hey everyone, I used this forum for months before selecting my preferred surgeon, so I figured I’d pay it forward. 

Yesterday, Dr. Nadimi in Chicago, IL performed a 2000 graft transplant on the front of my scalp. Before the HT, I was satisfied, but self conscious when it came to my hair. Due to cowlicks, coarse hair, and combovers, I was able to do a lot with very little. With fin, my hair loss had almost stabilized - almost being the key word here. I’d estimate I was about 2 years away from people recommending I go ahead and shave my head. So I decided to do a consult with Dr. Nadimi. 

The pictures I sent Dr. Nadimi before our consult are below. Based on these, she recommended 2000-2300 grafts, but given that I’m trying to be conservative, we settled on 2000.

The procedure went beautifully, and Dr. Nadimi worked on me the entire time. She had others help with certain tasks, but it felt like every important task she did personally. I’ve posted my one-day post-op pics below as well. Curious to know your thoughts, and let me know if you have any questions?

AE9130B0-3039-48CF-A4B5-6CDAE8A546DF.jpeg

75033905-4262-45B5-B352-24EA0D82DEC6.jpeg

84512BE4-2D4D-4A47-81F2-19A71D3AB251.jpeg

21EF2013-1E21-4BA2-A874-BBABE23D2A51.jpeg

D5EAFAC5-BC31-4DD9-9431-24FF7DE5FF8A.jpeg

4A2959C0-5C61-470D-A273-797D3580F098.jpeg

28E765F0-D5B2-4B27-A306-7F27AEE86B41.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like the exceptionally clean work.

Congrats on making the leap and thank you for sharing your case with the forum. Really looking forward to updates here. All the past Nadimi patients on here have been very complimentary of her work.

I’m considering Nadimi myself and consulting w her in a few weeks.  

She is presumably very very good and the work looks very clean, happy growing!

Looking at those pics, are they taken in an AirBnB very close to their office lol? I might have been in the same apartment!

Also you really made a small amount of hair go a long way by looking at the before pics. Do you have the grafts breakdown?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

I’m confused as to why your new hairline doesn’t go all the way down to your existing hairline in the middle. Is the intent that you’re going to shave that area below your new hairline? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

I’m confused as to why your new hairline doesn’t go all the way down to your existing hairline in the middle. Is the intent that you’re going to shave that area below your new hairline? 

Dr. Nadimi says she recommends going with hairlines between 7 and 10 centimeters above the spot between the eyebrows. Existing hairline was at 6 cm. The idea is that those existing hairs will continue to thin and fall out, so the transplanted hairline is one I can grow into, that will look good even when the native hairs are gone. She also said in her experience having some finer hairs in the front looks natural, particularly since the thicker transplanted hair immediately behind them will give an illusion of density.

There was another Nadimi case posted on this forum where she used the exact same strategy and the results were beautiful.

If she’s wrong, and it not only looks bad but the native hairs also stick around permanently (highly unlikely IMO) I’ll consider lowering the hairline when I address the crown down the line. I have plenty of donor supply.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cowlicks Abound said:

Dr. Nadimi says she recommends going with hairlines between 7 and 10 centimeters above the spot between the eyebrows. Existing hairline was at 6 cm. The idea is that those existing hairs will continue to thin and fall out, so the transplanted hairline is one I can grow into, that will look good even when the native hairs are gone. She also said in her experience having some finer hairs in the front looks natural, particularly since the thicker transplanted hair immediately behind them will give an illusion of density.

There was another Nadimi case posted on this forum where she used the exact same strategy and the results were beautiful.

If she’s wrong, and it not only looks bad but the native hairs also stick around permanently (highly unlikely IMO) I’ll consider lowering the hairline when I address the crown down the line. I have plenty of donor supply.

Makes total sense, never thought about it that way. 

12 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

it also gives a naturalness to the new hairline, making it look like you just have a fuller look, not even the best doctor on earth can re-create what God originally gave you

• Like 1

Hey man. Just had a procedure with Dr. Nadimi as well and have an almost identical hairline design. 1500 grafts to mine however needed slightly less in mid-scalp/forelock area. I'll be following along your thread with great curiosity. I'd expect we will have similar results and will update my thread somewhat regularly as well!

1 hour ago, ThinningTemples said:

Hey man. Just had a procedure with Dr. Nadimi as well and have an almost identical hairline design. 1500 grafts to mine however needed slightly less in mid-scalp/forelock area. I'll be following along your thread with great curiosity. I'd expect we will have similar results and will update my thread somewhat regularly as well!

Congrats! You’re nearing the one week mark then. Healing going well?

3 minutes ago, Cowlicks Abound said:

Congrats! You’re nearing the one week mark then. Healing going well?

Yessir, things look good. Tbh if it didn't shed soon I could probably walk around in public in next week or two without anybody noticing I had surgery. Will upload pics soon at 1 week mark. Side note had almost no pain for until day 5, then some pretty annoying but not unbearable pain in donor, and now a bit better.  

You were probably having procedure in the office when I stopped by for follow up visits! Glad things went well for you as well. 

One week from my surgery, and things are looking good. Today I was finally allowed to gently wash the transplanted area directly, which is good because crusts are starting to form.

I saw Dr. Nadimi several times after my surgery, and I really have to congratulate her and her practice on post-operative care. One morning I had a strange issue, and I emailed her about it at 6 am. She responded within 15 minutes and invited me to come in at 7:30 am. It was nothing, but she was happy to see me and talk to me as long as I needed. Truly a wonderful experience.

Day 7 photos below.

675721E3-AD8B-4BC4-84AC-F894479B24D2.jpeg

7AD7D275-097A-42A9-9075-DCAF9E5462C5.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Very impressed by Dr. Nadimi’s work, her talent is unbelievable, not only in hair restoration but surgery in general. Will be following your thread closely happy growing 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ll add briefly that I think it’s going very well. In general, I’m not greedy and have been very patient through the ugly duckling phase even as the US opens up and summer begins. 

But to be perfectly honest, I’m pretty eager for the day when I look better without a hat than with one. For those of you who haven’t gotten a transplant yet or got one recently, it’s a good feeling when you start to see growth. But “looking good!” from a surgical standpoint is very different from “looking good!” from a casual observer standpoint.

Right now, despite good growth for this amount of time, people see me as having an unfortunate balding pattern with fairly advanced thinning. I have a really fun trip starting about 4 months post-op, and the desire to look great for that trip, though unrealistic, is very real. Just something to remember when you’re getting in the mindset of surgery and recovery. 

• Like 2