Should I Trust Clinics from Turkey? If Yes, Which Are the Best?

Hello to everyone. I saw on  youtube amazing hair transplant results clinics in the country of Turkey. There are many clinics there that do offer surgeries. As you know there are many bad clinics. But there are good clinics there too. Which are the most reputable and best clinics there that you can recommend?

Don't put your trust on Instagram, ect..

Best way is to get personal reviews, I myself was botched and almost died by a clinic in Turkey, luckliy an ambulance came to rescue me, a year later I had a repair procedure by Dr. Maras at HDC clinic in Cyprus (near to Greece), couldn't be more happier with the repair result!

Today I rep HDC and give free consultant, you can read my hair transplants journey here:

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Yes there are Clincs and Drs I could recommend:

Dr Pekiner. 

Dr Bicer.

HLC clinic.

This forum recommends Dr Yaman. 

But what would be a idea Is too look at others too outside of Turkey.

HDC as @Doron Haratimentioned. And a personal fave of mine Dr Bisanga. 

Look for real patient reviews on the forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just because there are black market clinics in Turkey, it doesn’t, and shouldn’t tarnish the whole nation as being an ‘avoid at all costs’ destination for hair transplant surgery - as some posters will have you believe. 

Do your research and search for real patient testimonials to help finalise your decision. 

Some of the best results I have ever seen on here have came from Turkish clinics. 

• Like 2

@Curious25 nobody said there is no reliable clinic in Turkey, but they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.  In Turkey there is no control by the health authorities as there can be in European countries for example, and for this reason anyone can say they are a clinic specializing in hair transplants, open a website, upload some photos of boys who  have had procedures from real surgeons or even boys with fantastic hairstyles who have never had a transplant and pretending to have had it instead, publish photos of large hospitals (where they rent rooms that are used as operating theaters), hire young trainees who will perform  the whole procedure, and then that's where you'll be screwed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes there are Clincs and Drs I could recommend:

Dr Pekiner. 

Dr Bicer.

HLC clinic.

This forum recommends Dr Yaman.

Thank you for that. But what about Dr. Erdogan with asmed? Any good?

Also i almost forgot to ask about diffuse hair. What doctor you recommend does great job with diffuse hair in front scalp?

Edited by halo

On 12/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, halo said:

Thank you for that. But what about Dr. Erdogan with asmed? Any good?

Also i almost forgot to ask about diffuse hair. What doctor you recommend does great job with diffuse hair in front scalp?

He’s had some great results over the years, but unfortunately also some questionable ones . . There was a spate of some pretty shoddy results on here between late 2018- early 2020. 

Diffuse loss patients present harder cases for sure - the doctor who’s name always come up first for me in regards to diffuse loss in Europe, is Dr Lorenzo, in Spain. 

9 hours ago, Curious25 said:

He’s had some great results over the years, but unfortunately also some questionable ones . . There was a spate of some pretty shoddy results on here between late 2018- early 2020. 

Diffuse loss patients present harder cases for sure - the doctor who’s name always come up first for me in regards to diffuse loss in Europe, is Dr Lorenzo, in Spain. 

So asmed not good anymore or has recent bad results enough for people avoid him. I understand.

Yes I read about Lorenzo from spain. Hes excellent doctor. I am greatly considering him. But do you know any docs that does great work on diffuse hair in USA?

3 hours ago, halo said:

So asmed not good anymore or has recent bad results enough for people avoid him. I understand.

Yes I read about Lorenzo from spain. Hes excellent doctor. I am greatly considering him. But do you know any docs that does great work on diffuse hair in USA?

Dr Konior posted a really good result recently of a patient who had mod scalp diffuse loss. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

If you have sense, you will avoid. Europe or North America only - if you don't have the money, save up for longer. 

I think you mean avoid Turkey and stick with Europe and North America only? But I’m not sure, the comment looks like you could be saying avoid Europe and North America which would be crazy.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think you mean avoid Turkey and stick with Europe and North America only? But I’m not sure, the comment looks like you could be saying avoid Europe and North America which would be crazy.

The fullstop after "avoid" makes it pretty clear (along with, as you suggest, a modicum of common sense) I think.

2 hours ago, BLE123 said:

Turkey has some good surgeons and also some bad ones, just like anywhere else.

But a lot more of the latter than the former and even the former are controversial. Why go through the stress? This is really one of those things where you really do get what you pay for. Stick to North America and Europe. A quick look at the repair jobs on this site alone shows you that the majority are people are those that have cut corners to save a few euros and gone to Turkey, Lebanon or India and have now ended up having to go to Europe or North America anyway for the repair job. 

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

But a lot more of the latter than the former and even the former are controversial. Why go through the stress? This is really one of those things where you really do get what you pay for. Stick to North America and Europe. A quick look at the repair jobs on this site alone shows you that the majority are people are those that have cut corners to save a few euros and gone to Turkey, Lebanon or India and have now ended up having to go to Europe or North America anyway for the repair job. 

Yes there a lot of back alley hair mills in Turkey, I'm obviously not saying to go to one of them. That said, the worst transplant result I've ever seen was one from the US so even if you do go cheap(which again, I don't advise), it's not necessarily any more of a risk to go to one in Turkey than anywhere else. 

There are good surgeons in Turkey too though. Pekiner and Keser put out work that rivals the top clinics imo, HLC are a safe bet, Asmed are hit and miss but have some excellent cases on here, Demirsoy does good work for the price range etc. Look at the size of the US or Europe compared to Turkey, yet despite this there's probably still only the same dozen or so surgeons that everyone recommends on here and most of them charge Hollywood prices. I don't have a horse in this race(I'm from the UK for what it's worth) but having lurked on this site and others for a while I don't think that Turkey is especially different to anywhere else, perhaps apart from there being more bad clinics on average than elsewhere - but again I don't suggest that anyone goes to these.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

The fullstop after "avoid" makes it pretty clear (along with, as you suggest, a modicum of common sense) I think.

I have been following this forum for a while and I really admire the quality. I've seen this claim being repeated many times and I initially thought there must be some truth to it, coming from people so experienced in hair transplants. So I kept browsing to find the proof to help me with my decision to get a hair transplant in the future. So far, I haven't seen anyone being able to support the idea that Turkey should be avoided altogether in a meaningful way. What happens is, people link to posts of poor results coming from Turkey but they don't seem to consider that every clinic has bad results and what matters is the ratio. I'll try to address some arguments I see being repeated here as far as I can remember them.

• Clinics in Turkey has a higher chance of producing bad results.
    The reality is that Turkey has great hair transplant clinics with great success but it also has awful ones out to get your money. This is typical for anywhere. The difference is that hair transplant is a big business with thousands of clinics in Turkey so the number of bad clinics is higher. If you choose a good one, there is no reason to think it would have a higher chance of failing compared to any other country. There was a topic here and a member analyzed ASMED cases which admittedly seemed to be slipping recently and found out they still preserve a very high ratio of success.
  • Turkey must be avoided at all costs. There is no regulation in Turkey. A cab driver can be operating on you.
    I admit that the standards of this business is not as strictly enforced as say, the US. There are people who aren't real doctors that own hair transplant clinics and make it look like they are doctors. But, these are so obviously shady you would recognize them from a mile away. It doesn't make sense to believe that a reputable clinic would hire a random person to operate on patients. In general, I find this claim really absurd because when someone agrees to have an operation at a certain clinic in Turkey, then that is it. It is not like they will be kidnapped at the airport and forced upon a HT at another shady clinic.
  • Hair transplant is cheap in Turkey so it must be bad.
    What people fail to realize is that especially after the recent economic crisis, the value of Turkish lira has plummeted. The minimum wage is around 300 Euros and more than 40% of the working population is getting paid the minimum wage. So, a clinic which asks for 2 Eur/graft actually makes so much money in Turkey it makes sense for them to keep their prices at this level to keep the business flowing. Because their rent is in Turkish lira, they pay their staff in Turkish lira. Most of their expenses are in Turkish lira.
  • To minimize the risk, a hair transplant must be done at the best of the best in the world or not done at all. 
    This I see is a controversial topic. I myself would not spare money and I would go to the best. But I also know that there are so many people who would not be able to get a transplant in these top clinics in their lifetime because they will never be able to afford it. The Turkish forum is extremely active in terms of results being posted. And majority of these operations are performed in more affordable clinics most of you probably don't know about. So after browsing hundreds of topics here and there, I now believe there is a middle ground. The risk is worth taking in some of these more affordable clinics if you can't afford the best. There are clinics charging reasonable prices and still producing a high ratio of success, but obviously not as high as the best ones.

To conclude, I think hair transplant is an important decision and it should be approached with cold logic and not sentiment. And logic dictates that we should research the individual clinics as much as we possibly can and consider all the good and the bad results. Turkey has some awful hair mills with no ethics. It also has amazing clinics with doctors passionate about their work and then many many inbetween.

On 12/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, halo said:

Hello to everyone. I saw on  youtube amazing hair transplant results clinics in the country of Turkey. There are many clinics there that do offer surgeries. As you know there are many bad clinics. But there are good clinics there too. Which are the most reputable and best clinics there that you can recommend?

To answer your question, the best in my opinion are Muttalip Keser, Kaan Pekiner, HLC and ASMED. These are also the most expensive.

• Like 3

You can get a terrible hair transplant result anywhere in the world.

I would be concerned going to Turkey or perhaps some other foreign country only in the rare chance you are horribly butchered or there is some physical injury you have suffered. In a case where you truly need monetary compensation or some sort of rigid follow up with the operating doctor, navigating the international courts seems impossible unless you truly are a really powerful person. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, missingtemples said:

I myself would not spare money and I would go to the best. But I also know that there are so many people who would not be able to get a transplant in these top clinics in their lifetime because they will never be able to afford it. The Turkish forum is extremely active in terms of results being posted. And majority of these operations are performed in more affordable clinics most of you probably don't know about. So after browsing hundreds of topics here and there, I now believe there is a middle ground. The risk is worth taking in some of these more affordable clinics if you can't afford the best. There are clinics charging reasonable prices and still producing a high ratio of success, but obviously not as high as the best ones.

To conclude, I think hair transplant is an important decision and it should be approached with cold logic and not sentiment. And logic dictates that we should research the individual clinics as much as we possibly can and consider all the good and the bad results. Turkey has some awful hair mills with no ethics. It also has amazing clinics with doctors passionate about their work and then many many in between.

To answer your question, the best in my opinion are Muttalip Keser, Kaan Pekiner, HLC and ASMED. These are also the most expensive.

Very good advice I read your whole commente. Knowing that US is expensive I plan to research these turkish clinics you recommended.  If i come across a clinic I not like I will scratch off my list. If in comparing these clinics to US I find theyre not to my satisfaction I will only then consider US or europe in final analysis. Thank you.

Edited by halo

On 1/4/2021 at 9:24 AM, halo said:

Very good advice I read your whole commente. Knowing that US is expensive I plan to research these turkish clinics you recommended.  If i come across a clinic I not like I will scratch off my list. If in comparing these clinics to US I find theyre not to my satisfaction I will only then consider US or europe in final analysis. Thank you.

Hey there, I thought I share my own research if it might help. First of all, don't believe everything you hear or read online. I did at first and it didn't lead me anywhere. Consistency in quality of work, stories from people who have had HT (not doctors'/clinics' own) and personal encounters. This is what I relied on and still do. I live in Germany which is clearly Europe and so far I would hesitate with any HT clinic in Germany to do my HT. However, I have seen really good examples of work from some of the clinics in Germany, even some celebrity testimonials. But, I still could not find solid consistency in good quality work and results and the price/quality ratio did not/does not seem satisfactory. For me personally not worth the risk. Belgium, on the other hand, is a different story. And from my own research Turkey too. I was at first overwhelmed with all the names I came across in Turkey but it came clear soon that some names kept popping up more often than others for their really great work. I basically short-listed HCL and Dr Pekiner. I haven't decided where I will have my HT. But these two names are on the short list for me in Turkey. I also met two guys who had HT at Asmed and both looked impressive. But, from what I have read, patient care and post-care is that much better at the other two. I base this "evaluation" simply from the sheer volume of posts, articles and testimonials I have read. Hope this helps. 

• Valued Contributor

You could get butchered here in Australia or any country in the world for that matter. The problem with Turkey is that there is no real protocol or standards to oversee the many clinics that operate there. There are a few though that do appear to have built a reputation of good results such as Dr Erdogan, Dr Yaman and a couple of others. There are many other issues with Turkey hair mills, however the biggest ones are pricing and the people performing the surgery. The vast majority of people go to Turkey because of the low cost of surgery. Price shouldn't be your indicator of good, consistent results. Good, consistent results should speak for themselves. Also as I said earlier their is no minimum qualifications to operate on a patient. Hair dresser, taxi drivers and Syrian refugees can and do operate on patients. Also you will not be the only person operated on in one day. You will be one of several which is why prices can be set so low as money is made on volume. Finally the number of people who have created a thread on this forum stating that they have had a botched hair transplant from Turkey far out way anywhere else. All the best and who ever you choose the more research you do the more control you can hope to achieve with your results.

Edited by Gatsby
spelling
  • Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, Florence said:

I basically short-listed HCL and Dr Pekiner. I haven't decided where I will have my HT. But these two names are on the short list for me in Turkey. I also met two guys who had HT at Asmed and both looked impressive. But, from what I have read, patient care and post-care is that much better at the other two. I base this "evaluation" simply from the sheer volume of posts, articles and testimonials I have read.

Thank you I will research hcl and pekiner further.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:03 PM, Gatsby said:

You could get butchered here in Australia or any country in the world for that matter. The problem with Turkey is that there is no real protocol or standards to oversee the many clinics that operate there.

Finally the number of people who have created a thread on this forum stating that they have had a botched hair transplant from Turkey far out way anywhere else.

Wow. That is something to consider. I agree with you except for price being an indicator of good result. I believe price is indicator of quality of work. Let me explain. I believe if price is high reputation likely to be high. But if price is too low it is obvious that its great possibility the clinic will not have good reputation and result will be poor.

But as I mentioned before  I will research hcl and pekiner. So far Turkey doesnt seem like good idea but have to research only these 2 clinics to be sure. If everything fails I will choose Dr. Lorenzo of spain or doctors in USA.

Thank you so much for this info

HLC, Pekiner are definitely worth checking out. Or if your looking further afield then consider Bisanga and HDC. 
Price doesn’t always reflect good work unfortunately. Here in the UK you can pay a lot and still have poor work. But yes if you were to go to low and choose a hair mill that’s a different story entirely. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1