Finasterid 0.5 mg - tipps please?

I've been following these guys for dosing:

Essentially what they state is that 3mg/week should be fine for anyone, while avoiding some of the common side effects. 1mg of finasteride stays in the scalp for an entire month. The first 6-8 hours it is at its peak, and then it reduces to its half life. So a tablet everyday doesn't make sense is what they say. 

Do give it a watch.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

If DHT levels are more or less reduced to the same extent by taking 1mg EOD as they are by taking 1mg a day . .

Why would side effects be less so? 

That’s a good question and I don’t think there is yet a clear evidence as to whether the side effects are less on such dosing or not. It is mostly observed and probably relates to the fact that the effect of DHT reduction in the scalp lasts longer than the effect of the medication in the blood. If sides are related to a certain level of drug bioavailability in the system then a reduced value will lead to less sides, while maintaining a healthy level of reduced DHT excretion around the follicles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

That’s a good question and I don’t think there is yet a clear evidence as to whether the side effects are less on such dosing or not. It is mostly observed and probably relates to the fact that the effect of DHT reduction in the scalp lasts longer than the effect of the medication in the blood. If sides are related to a certain level of drug bioavailability in the system then a reduced value will lead to less sides, while maintaining a healthy level of reduced DHT excretion around the follicles. 

That’s the most logical offering of a theory I’ve heard to date. Most can’t provide an answer. 
Thankyou Dr B

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

I've been following these guys for dosing:

Essentially what they state is that 3mg/week should be fine for anyone, while avoiding some of the common side effects. 1mg of finasteride stays in the scalp for an entire month. The first 6-8 hours it is at its peak, and then it reduces to its half life. So a tablet everyday doesn't make sense is what they say. 

Do give it a watch.

Cool video. It would be nice to use just 3mg per week if it is effective and long-lasting 🤔 I started using finasteride 5 months ago and I use 1.25mg per day. I would recude that dose if it doesn't have a bad effect on my results.

37 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Cool video. It would be nice to use just 3mg per week if it is effective and long-lasting 🤔 I started using finasteride 5 months ago and I use 1.25mg per day. I would recude that dose if it doesn't have a bad effect on my results.

1.25mg daily is above the recommended dose for MPB bro. That is a little too much you might wanna dial it down back to 1mg.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

1.25mg daily is above the recommended dose for MPB bro. That is a little too much you might wanna dial it down back to 1mg.

Shit. The only reason I take 1.25 and not 1 is because I get 5mg tablets and cut them up into quarters, its cheaper that way. Propecia 1mg is very expensive here in Ireland.

7 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Shit. The only reason I take 1.25 and not 1 is because I get 5mg tablets and cut them up into quarters, its cheaper that way. Propecia 1mg is very expensive here in Ireland.

Get an Indian generic supply. Dr. Reddys or something. I paid €2 for one months supply. 3 tablets a week is my dosing so one strip lasts me two months. 

Nothing will be more costly than causing harm to your hormonal system man. 1.25mg is not recommended for MBP.

Those kinda doses are for people with an enlarged prostate. See if you can cut the pill up further or alter the frequency. 

Edited by Captain Haddock

I'm not sure if I can get Indian generics but I'll find it if I can.

Actually as far as I know it is quite common for people to take 1.25 mg per day via cutting 5mgs into quarters. I think the dose for prostate cancer is 5mg per day.

11 hours ago, Hamit38 said:

My goal was to strengthen my hair with Fin for 9-10 months and then do an HT at the age of 25.  of course then continue with fin.  dr pekiner also said i should strengthen my hair first before the HT.  What do you think

Smart to get on Fin before getting a HT, but I would consult with more surgeons before committing to someone.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Cutting 5mg pills 4 ways to get 1.25mg is very common, guys have been doing it for years since the drug came off patent. I do it too and if you can handle the 1mg dose the extra .25 is not that much more and alot less than the 5mg dose.

• Like 1

True. A 1.25 mg a day has been an acceptable dose for many years especially at times when propecia was the only 1 mg drug. Nonetheless, there is no need now to go through the hassle of chopping tablets into quarters - which is not an easy job. Try to source a generic 1 mg. It is around 10-15 USD for 30 tablets here. This can possibly last you two months if you go with alternate days. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram