Finasterid 0.5 mg - tipps please?

Good evening friends,

I am 24 years old and have been suffering from hair loss since I was 21.  I wanted to do an HT with Dr Kaan Pekiner.  We did a Facetime, which I thought was really great.  He said that if he did an op with me now, he would have a good result, but recommended that I start with Finasteride 0.5 mg first and generally strengthen the hair on the back of the head everywhere and then do the HT.  I will start with Finasteride 0.5 + Regaine from now on.  (Have used Regain for 5-6 months) Loved his honesty.  My question to you ... has anyone had good experiences with finasteride with 0.5 mg?  And what do you say about my hair status?

Best regards

5741200B-5E51-44E7-8929-F0C1A7472A09.jpeg

EF6DD1C0-1C6F-48A1-B098-CDED8FAB6324.jpeg

2C5263E7-436A-4637-B5D7-A0BA3D3BC1F5.jpeg

3850CD42-6128-4395-AF45-03E327508635.jpeg

AE185C1C-D4D9-4F54-A22F-8FCF03FEBE70.jpeg

At 24 and with still a lot of hair left, I think you'll respond well to finasteride. :) Not quite sure how effective 0.5 mg is, but here's a graph with various doses, as you can see there's no a whole lot of difference. 

Out of curiosity, how do you take 0.5? :) Do you split a 1 mg Propecia in 2 or a 5 mg Proscar in 10? 😂

fin-dose-graph.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

At 24 and with still a lot of hair left, I think you'll respond well to finasteride. :) Not quite sure how effective 0.5 mg is, but here's a graph with various doses, as you can see there's no a whole lot of difference. 

Out of curiosity, how do you take 0.5? :) Do you split a 1 mg Propecia in 2 or a 5 mg Proscar in 10? 😂

fin-dose-graph.png

thanks for the information!  divide 1 mg by two 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

fin-dose-graph.png

This one

E17A0D5E-13C1-4309-AD57-B281D54811AA.jpeg

10 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Ah, yes, that's a reputable British pharmaceutical company. 😍

From 18 to 41? 😮 Damn, I've got 7 more years. 😭 Never heard of this before..

I assume that there are no differences in finasteride or ??

2 minutes ago, Hamit38 said:

I assume that there are no differences in finasteride or ??

No difference. Unless it's manufactured by some really shady company. I heard people having the same success with Indian generics.

You should be fine. :) 

Edited by UnbaldEagle

6 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

No difference. Unless it's manufactured by some really shady company. I heard people having the same success with Indian generics.

You should be fine. :) 

my hair 4-5years ago :( hopefully it will be like that again after the op

6B6AB87F-AFF3-4B88-AB10-EE48A31BB27A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hamit38 said:

Holy shit. 😮 You had a James Dean on steroids kinda hair there. 

Really hope you get it back, hopefully treatment will help too. :) And Pekiner is a really good choice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

Holy shit. 😮 You had a James Dean on steroids kinda hair there. 

Really hope you get it back, hopefully treatment will help too. :) And Pekiner is a really good choice. 

What do you think?  from your point of view .. is it possible?

0.5 mg daily or 1 mg on alternate days is now my recommended regimen. I am looking into even lowering that as we know that the effects around the sebaceous glands of the follicle can technically last for weeks. Would be great if we can get some maintenance with once a week dose after a brief loading dose for example. 

• Like 5

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

3 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

0.5 mg daily or 1 mg on alternate days is now my recommended regimen. I am looking into even lowering that as we know that the effects around the sebaceous glands of the follicle can technically last for weeks. Would be great if we can get some maintenance with once a week dose after a brief loading dose for example. 

I have started with 0.5 alternate days just to not get side effects. Is it enought?

40 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

I have started with 0.5 alternate days just to not get side effects. Is it enought?

It will give some benefit. Below the statistical range but will certainly do. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

dr.barghouthi what do you say about my hair status?  I would be very interested.  best regards

7 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

Welcome to the club. Took my first 0.5mg dosage last night. Several other doctors are of the opinion that 3 pills of 1 mg per week is also good enough. 

Good luck! let us know how it's going

On 12/21/2020 at 5:54 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Interesting observations Dr Barghouthi. Do you notice finasteride losing strength after a couple of years? Also does it generally stop working in patients over 40.

I've been using 1.25mg daily for 4 months now and I think its been working as its meant to, but if I could get the same bang with a lower dose that would be nice. One thing that worries me a bit though is the idea of it losing power within 2 - 3 years. It would be awesome if it kept working for a lot longer. I'm 30 by the way.

There is some drop in efficacy every 5 years but even so it still remains more effective than anything else that is approved. As far as I know, the alternate days regimen is not yet well studied in terms off full effect but we know it works. I see excellent results on it from my own group of clients. I have been advising alternate days for around 2-3 years now. 

• Thanks 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 12/21/2020 at 11:20 AM, DrTBarghouthi said:

It will give some benefit. Below the statistical range but will certainly do. 

I wrote wrong tbh. I split 5 mg in 4 so it will be 1.25 every other days. It seems good from what i read

Edited by Ajamilo

I'm doing 1.25mg every 3rd day and it is working well.  So I average 0.42mg a daily or 2.92mg per week.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 12/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, Hamit38 said:

If this is your expectation then I would caution against getting a transplant for now as you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment.  You're 24 with a great head of hair, and you're taking fin/min.  You're doing all of the right things so don't rush into getting a surgery just yet.  In the meantime research, consult with elite surgeons, meet HT patients in person if possible.  Be patient and think longterm.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

21 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

If this is your expectation then I would caution against getting a transplant for now as you'd be setting yourself up for disappointment.  You're 24 with a great head of hair, and you're taking fin/min.  You're doing all of the right things so don't rush into getting a surgery just yet.  In the meantime research, consult with elite surgeons, meet HT patients in person if possible.  Be patient and think longterm.

My goal was to strengthen my hair with Fin for 9-10 months and then do an HT at the age of 25.  of course then continue with fin.  dr pekiner also said i should strengthen my hair first before the HT.  What do you think

9 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

I wrote wrong tbh. I split 5 mg in 4 so it will be 1.25 every other days. It seems good from what i read

works well. This is almost the recommended daily dose usually

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram