NW6 / 38 yrs- HT Consultation

Hello Gents,

After 5 years of HT research, it's time to take a decision that might be a big failure or success.

Hence, i am would like to hear your biased opinion and recommendation.

Clinics Consultation:

1. Eugenix (In person consultation) : Dr. Pradeep suggested 2200 grafts for the hairline (frontal 1/3) and 1500 for the crown (attached pics for hairline design)
  2. Dr. Konior (online consultation) : 3000 grafts for the hairline (frontal 1/3); Crown can be done in a 2nd sitting after 6 to 12 months.
  3. HLC (online consultation): 3800 - 4200 for the hairline (frontal 1/3) and giving more density for the frontal half.
  4. Dr. Pekiner (online consultation): Rejected my case due to diffuse thinning on top, insufficient donor and probably retrograde alopecia/ DUPA
  5. Dr. Yaman (online consultation) : 4000 grafts for the hairline and mid scalp (see attached pics for hairline design)
  6. Dr. Bhatti (online consultation): He suggested 3500 - 4000 scalp & beard grafts for the hairline and mid scalp but wasn't sure about my donor or confident for a good result.
  7.  Dr. Bicer (online consultation): 3200 - 3400 grafts for the hairline and mid scalp; crown can be done in a 2nd sitting 

Current Medication:

Minoxidil 5% twice a day since 1 year

Micro-needling 1.5mm once a week since 1 year

Saw palmetto 320 mg one tablet a day since 1 month

Perfectil multivitamin 1 tablet a day since 1 year

Vitamin D3 5000 IU 1 tablet a day since 2 years

Thanks in advance for your contribution. 

Edited by HCH

Are you willing to use a DHT blocker stronger than saw palmetto? It could make huge difference because you still have a lot of diffuse hair left, and I bet your donor would strengthen as well.

As far as the choices of doctor, I would probably go with Eugenix. They've been cranking out good results on a diverse range of cases, and you won't need to remortgage your home like one of those names might require.

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I like the Eugenix approach, graft amounts and hairline too. Which Dr/Clinic are you leaning towards? 

Hi Jhon,

Actually i am convinced with Eugenix approach but i may not to do the crown at this stage and just focus on the frontal half.

The hairline drawn by Dr. Pradeep is exactly what i am looking for but still not sure if 2200 grafts will be enough.

As per his plan the density will be of 40 to 45 grafs /cm2. what do you think ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Homeerestre said:

I'm not an expert, but I'm looking forward to see your results. I wish you good luck and a successfull operation. 🙂

thanks mate, i will definitely post my journey here once my operation is done.

7 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

Are you willing to use a DHT blocker stronger than saw palmetto? It could make huge difference because you still have a lot of diffuse hair left, and I bet your donor would strengthen as well.

I get your point, finasteride is the ideal medication to prevent future loss but unfortunately i had sides after taking it for 2 months.

My plan is to be on fin tablet 1mg/day for 6 months post-op and then switch to topical fin + saw palmetto. Hope it will slow down the baldness progress. 

Just now, HCH said:

I get your point, finasteride is the ideal medication to prevent future loss but unfortunately i had sides after taking it for 2 months.

My plan is to be on fin tablet 1mg/day for 6 months post-op and then switch to topical fin + saw palmetto. Hope it will slow down the baldness progress. 

You have to do what's right for you, but if I might make a suggestion:

Try the regimen you're proposing before your HT. I dropped 2 Norwood levels in 3 years after getting on a treatment protocol that worked for me. You might be surprised at what a reversal can be made. This also affects your HT options and puts you in a more advantageous position moving forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

You could ask for more grafts from Eugenix? The crown would be good with a 1500 graft boost. Would give it some covering. 

yes i can but also want to use my grafts efficiently. As you can see i am heading to NW6 and an average density with a bit lower hairline framing my face would be fine for me. 

Honestly my big concern is my donor hair still unsure if it's really thin as Dr. Pekiner suggested.

1 minute ago, PizzaWolf said:

You have to do what's right for you, but if I might make a suggestion:

Try the regimen you're proposing before your HT. I dropped 2 Norwood levels in 3 years after getting on a treatment protocol that worked for me. You might be surprised at what a reversal can be made. This also affects your HT options and puts you in a more advantageous position moving forward.

Thanks Pizza for your advice, actually this is what i have done last year I started on minoxidil, micro-needling and saw palmetto. So far my hair loss stabilize, the hair become a bit thicker and the crown is getting better. I hope that fin works for me but i can't stay on it for long time. 

do you mind sharing with me your regimen? i guess fin plays a big role in any treatment.

2 minutes ago, HCH said:

Thanks Pizza for your advice, actually this is what i have done last year I started on minoxidil, micro-needling and saw palmetto. So far my hair loss stabilize, the hair become a bit thicker and the crown is getting better. I hope that fin works for me but i can't stay on it for long time. 

do you mind sharing with me your regimen? i guess fin plays a big role in any treatment.

I use 1mg of Fin per day. Minoxidil foam mixed with a small amount of tretinoin once per day. 15mg of MK-677 once per day. 

I tried Dutasteride for 1 year to see if it gave me any noticeable benefit. It didn't.

There's limited research that suggests topical finasteride may be almost as effective as taking it orally. Might be worth a try.

I'm not recommending you treat yourself like a science experiment, and I don't want anyone to get horrible side effects. I just don't think there's any way around DHT being the worst enemy of our hair follicles.

4 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

I use 1mg of Fin per day. Minoxidil foam mixed with a small amount of tretinoin once per day. 15mg of MK-677 once per day. 

I tried Dutasteride for 1 year to see if it gave me any noticeable benefit. It didn't.

There's limited research that suggests topical finasteride may be almost as effective as taking it orally. Might be worth a try.

I'm not recommending you treat yourself like a science experiment, and I don't want anyone to get horrible side effects. I just don't think there's any way around DHT being the worst enemy of our hair follicles.

Thanks bro, That's really an aggressive regimen. My Dr. suggested either topical fin or oral Dutasteride.

So i feel more safe trying the topical one. However, the sides are reversible once you stop the medicine.

Saw palmetto and finasteride have similar side-effects. Out of the two, finasteride has been studied more. So why not drop saw palmetto and hop on fin for a year and then go for a transplant? Even if fin doesn't do much for hair on top, it'll certainly improve donor hair characteristics

5 minutes ago, tressful11 said:

Saw palmetto and finasteride have similar side-effects. Out of the two, finasteride has been studied more. So why not drop saw palmetto and hop on fin for a year and then go for a transplant? Even if fin doesn't do much for hair on top, it'll certainly improve donor hair characteristics

Hi mate, yes you're right but as i mentioned earlier i had sides using fin for 2 months.

As for saw palmetto side effects, this is my 1st month using it and till now i didn't notice anything. Only time will tell if it's effective or not.

Also i wanna try topical fin as well but still searching for a good brand that can be shipped online. Do you have any suggestion on this?

Hairline design looks good. I'm surprised they are willing to drop your hairline that much though based on your pattern. You're a diffuse thinner with a NW6 pattern. Without a DHT blocker for life that is risky. I would think just strengthening your existing hairline at the he height it is, along with a temple point reconstruction would suffice. That being said, for the area that is marked off there is no way 2200 grafts will give you a dense result. You will need at least 1000-1500 just to drop a hairline 1 cm with your hair characteristics. Then prob 750 per side for bringing in your temples and point reconstruction. That doesn't even include transplanting into your existing hair in the midscalp. I would guess 3000-4000 is a more accurate number for the hairline you have drawn. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:16 PM, BDK081522 said:

Hairline design looks good. I'm surprised they are willing to drop your hairline that much though based on your pattern. You're a diffuse thinner with a NW6 pattern. Without a DHT blocker for life that is risky. I would think just strengthening your existing hairline at the he height it is, along with a temple point reconstruction would suffice. That being said, for the area that is marked off there is no way 2200 grafts will give you a dense result. You will need at least 1000-1500 just to drop a hairline 1 cm with your hair characteristics. Then prob 750 per side for bringing in your temples and point reconstruction. That doesn't even include transplanting into your existing hair in the midscalp. I would guess 3000-4000 is a more accurate number for the hairline you have drawn. 

Thanks for your contribution, I am also confused how the 2200 grafts will be enough for such area.

As per Dr. Pradeep, he will only work on the frontal 1/3 and crown area without touching the mid scalp, the density would be 40 to 45/cm2. I am assuming the zone he marked is around 70 cm2 so it will take minimum 3000 grafts for an acceptable coverage.

Dr. Konior also suggested 3000 grafts including lowering the hairline. You are right it's better to be conservative but i have a big forehead so any HT without lowering the hairline won't give any cosmetic change. 

What do you think about my donor ? He said i have around 6000 grafts in total.

Edited by HCH

Your donor looks acceptable. 6000 grafts seems like a reasonable estimate from the pictures. You do drop lower on your crown then a typical 6 but the donor area below it seems on the larger side with adequate density. Your temporal areas above the ear are thinning but you should be able to harvest some grafts above that but below your lateral hump recession. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, HCH said:

Hi mate, yes you're right but as i mentioned earlier i had sides using fin for 2 months.

As for saw palmetto side effects, this is my 1st month using it and till now i didn't notice anything. Only time will tell if it's effective or not.

Also i wanna try topical fin as well but still searching for a good brand that can be shipped online. Do you have any suggestion on this?

I am from India so I purchase Morr F or Tugain Men. 
Depending on where you live you maybe able to find Morr F on ebay. 
Other alternatives that I've read about are Minoxidil Max and Topical Fin by Dr. Lupanzola

• Administrators

In my opinion, the best clinic for your case is likely Eugenix. I will say this, you should try something else besides just topical minoxidil. Have you considered oral minoxidil? It’s supposed to be a lot better. Pekiner rejected @duchaineand his hair grew just fine. 

Going in person was a good idea. Konior would also be a top choice. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, BDK081522 said:

Your donor looks acceptable. 6000 grafts seems like a reasonable estimate from the pictures. You do drop lower on your crown then a typical 6 but the donor area below it seems on the larger side with adequate density. Your temporal areas above the ear are thinning but you should be able to harvest some grafts above that but below your lateral hump recession. 

I also have another 2000 Beard grafts. My plan for now is to build my hairline and reinforce the frontal half with 3500 grafts. 

Hopefully i can delay the hair loss progression with the help of medicine. It sucks that fin didn't work for me ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tressful11 said:

I am from India so I purchase Morr F or Tugain Men. 
Depending on where you live you maybe able to find Morr F on ebay. 
Other alternatives that I've read about are Minoxidil Max and Mi

We aren't too far, i am from Dubai :) 

Actually i am using Tugain (Min 5%+ fin 0.1%) but the concentration is too low. I need a pure topical fin that's more stronger.

Thanks anyway for your advice.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:31 PM, giegnosiganoe said:

Do you have any pictures with longer hair? I'm curious how the density looks when it's grown out a bit more.

I attached one pic with a bit longer hair.  

Dr. pekiner asked me to grow my hair longer than this and send him a comb through video for better assessment.

Edited by HCH

24 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, the best clinic for your case is likely Eugenix. I will say this, you should try something else besides just topical minoxidil. Have you considered oral minoxidil? It’s supposed to be a lot better. Pekiner rejected @duchaineand his hair grew just fine. 

Going in person was a good idea. Konior would also be a top choice. 

Thanks Melvin, i am really impressed with Eugenix results specially with high NW grades.

I didn't try oral minoxidil but will look at it. Dr. Pradeep asked me to try topical fin or dut which i am also considering.

Still i couldn't find a good product here in Dubai. What do you think about my donor and the number of grafts suggested by Eugenix ?