NW6 / 38 yrs- HT Consultation

2 minutes ago, HCH said:

It's really painful getting your flight cancelled twice. Hope this time it works well and you get a successful result. 

Actually, i had a personal consultation with Dr. Arika and she advised not to transplant between the existing hairs. As per my understanding when you have a lot of telogen/miniaturized hairs the risk of permanent shock loss is higher. Honestly, i am ok with my mid scalp density and just need a decent hairline to frame my face and reduce the size of my forehead, crown can be addressed in a 2nd sitting if my donor allows. I checked your profile but couldn't see any pics so maybe your case is different.

BTW, Spain has the best surgeons in the world in my opinion so congrats if you choose Dr. Lorenzo :) 

Well that's good, just wanted to make sure, but it sounds like you know what you want and that is where you want to be. 

I reflect on things I write, as a "non-expert", and have to stress that I respect the Dr's opinion when they look at your personal case, especially one as high level as Dr. Arika. Her and her husband seem to be great at what they do, and they are very well-informed, so you are in some of the best hands. Will follow how you get on :)! Best of luck!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, j1mmy said:

@HCH I saw this and thought of you ;)

Awesome, i thought it's my head for a while 😂

Still confused why my Dr is hesitant to transplant between my existing hairs ??

I guess she wants to preserve my grafts for the future but going to check with her again.

Thanks for sharing this case 🙏

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HCH said:

Awesome, i thought it's my head for a while 😂

Still confused why my Dr is hesitant to transplant between my existing hairs ??

I guess she wants to preserve my grafts for the future but going to check with her again.

Thanks for sharing this case 🙏

I think Dr. Arika tends to err on the more conservative side...

She even said in a consult with me that Dr. Pradeep (her husband) goes denser that she does. I didn't necessarily think it was a matter of skill. 

Might be that she is more risk averse, but I get the impression she also takes pride in being able to do more with less.

In an interview with Joe Tillman, and also mentioned on a consult with me, she said she can cover a NW6 with 3,500 grafts for a small head and 4-4,500 grafts for a moderate sized head alleviating my skepticism that they recommended ~4,200 for my level of loss.

3 hours ago, SLA said:

I think Dr. Arika tends to err on the more conservative side...

She even said in a consult with me that Dr. Pradeep (her husband) goes denser that she does. I didn't necessarily think it was a matter of skill. 

Might be that she is more risk averse, but I get the impression she also takes pride in being able to do more with less.

In an interview with Joe Tillman, and also mentioned on a consult with me, she said she can cover a NW6 with 3,500 grafts for a small head and 4-4,500 grafts for a moderate sized head alleviating my skepticism that they recommended ~4,200 for my level of loss.

you are right, keep in mind each case is different. There are many factors that come into play such as donor density, hair caliber, skin contrast, head size etc... 

In my case, most of surgeons recommended 3500 to 4000 grafts through video consultation and pics.

I was surprised and confused when she advised for 2500 grafts only. That's why i created this thread to get more info for senior members and ex-patients.

What date are you "going under the knife"? :)

Those factors are true! Given being roughly average in all those "factors" myself, I am aiming close to 55g/cm towards the hairline, and 45ish mid-scalp (total including native), which as I will explain are based on allowing for a safety margin. That said, the numbers mean very little, they all equate to coverage - an illusive intangible thing that can only be understood in the experience in our Dr's. I do believe we have an influence, by suggesting our expectations so they try to meet them. 

Expectations may be the biggest factor in how satisfied someone is. Some people given average everything, are never satisfied with 60g/cm, when their native was 80g/cm. Others have been bald so long than 40g/cm is life changing. From the cases I've seen, my "impression" is that for the hairline good results often start at around 45g/cm in the hairline, and results improve up to 55, 60 if people have further procedures and touch ups to increase density. Of course the Dr. can only judge a range before they start, and see after what resulted.

@j1mmy well said, HT is a customized plan for each individual depending on his situation and expectation.

My hairline density will be 45 to 50 cm2 as explained by the Dr which's acceptable by me as i never had a any sort of hairline to start even thinking about high density.

One should to be realistic, you will never get back your original density. HT is a cosmetic surgery with the aim to enhance your aesthetic.

My surgery is scheduled on Wednesday probably after yours 😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HCH said:

@j1mmy well said, HT is a customized plan for each individual depending on his situation and expectation.

My hairline density will be 45 to 50 cm2 as explained by the Dr which's acceptable by me as i never had a any sort of hairline to start even thinking about high density.

One should to be realistic, you will never get back your original density. HT is a cosmetic surgery with the aim to enhance your aesthetic.

My surgery is scheduled on Wednesday probably after yours 😂 

Will be great! :)

Tuesday and Wednesday for me, if travel plans work out! So I will follow you closely hehe

2 hours ago, j1mmy said:

What date are you "going under the knife"? :)

Those factors are true! Given being roughly average in all those "factors" myself, I am aiming close to 55g/cm towards the hairline, and 45ish mid-scalp (total including native), which as I will explain are based on allowing for a safety margin. That said, the numbers mean very little, they all equate to coverage - an illusive intangible thing that can only be understood in the experience in our Dr's. I do believe we have an influence, by suggesting our expectations so they try to meet them. 

Expectations may be the biggest factor in how satisfied someone is. Some people given average everything, are never satisfied with 60g/cm, when their native was 80g/cm. Others have been bald so long than 40g/cm is life changing. From the cases I've seen, my "impression" is that for the hairline good results often start at around 45g/cm in the hairline, and results improve up to 55, 60 if people have further procedures and touch ups to increase density. Of course the Dr. can only judge a range before they start, and see after what resulted.

Well said @j1mmy. I think Dr. Arika would be referring to a graded density starting at around 45g/cm by hairline/front, mid 30s in mid-scalp and 20ish in the crown. I have seen good results with that graded density. Mind you, it might look as if someone is thinning especially in the crown, but can still be life changing results and age appropriate especially as someone ages and grows into it.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, PizzaWolf said:

Are you willing to use a DHT blocker stronger than saw palmetto? It could make huge difference because you still have a lot of diffuse hair left, and I bet your donor would strengthen as well.

As far as the choices of doctor, I would probably go with Eugenix. They've been cranking out good results on a diverse range of cases, and you won't need to remortgage your home like one of those names might require.

Depends because Pradeep and arika aren’t cheap atall ;)

On 12/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, HCH said:

Hi Jhon,

Actually i am convinced with Eugenix approach but i may not to do the crown at this stage and just focus on the frontal half.

The hairline drawn by Dr. Pradeep is exactly what i am looking for but still not sure if 2200 grafts will be enough.

As per his plan the density will be of 40 to 45 grafs /cm2. what do you think 

On 12/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, HCH said:

Hi Jhon,

Actually i am convinced with Eugenix approach but i may not to do the crown at this stage and just focus on the frontal half.

The hairline drawn by Dr. Pradeep is exactly what i am looking for but still not sure if 2200 grafts will be enough.

As per his plan the density will be of 40 to 45 grafs /cm2. what do you think ?

On 12/18/2020 at 4:49 PM, HCH said:

Thanks Melvin, i am really impressed with Eugenix results specially with high NW grades.

I didn't try oral minoxidil but will look at it. Dr. Pradeep asked me to try topical fin or dut which i am also considering.

Still i couldn't find a good product here in Dubai. What do you think about my donor and the number of grafts suggested by Eugenix ?

Bro 2200 by Pradeep would give u a phenomenal illusion and look like so much more,his work is up there with the very very best although not cheap 

On 3/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, HCH said:

Thanks mate for your support, i definitely trust her but having an HT for the 1st time makes a bit confused and undecided.

Hopefully things will go as planned and will update you all soon. 

To good luck I was booked with arika on 4th tris month but cancelled due to Covid which is so frustrating!!!! I’m now waiting to re book as soon as I can fly there from uk. Good luck! 

On 4/4/2021 at 3:18 AM, Ronaldo18 said:

To good luck I was booked with arika on 4th tris month but cancelled due to Covid which is so frustrating!!!! I’m now waiting to re book as soon as I can fly there from uk. Good luck! 

Nice to hear that, have a safe trip there!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, j1mmy said:

Hey! How are you doing @HCH ? :)

I am fine, what about you? Are you done with your procedure?

I had mine on Monday and will be posting my full journey soon, just waiting to receive my photos from Eugenix.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HCH said:

I am fine, what about you? Are you done with your procedure?

I had mine on Monday and will be posting my full journey soon, just waiting to receive my photos from Eugenix.

Greta, congrats! How did it go? Mine was Tuesday and Wednesday (in europe ;) ) and went very well, I am excited and I will also wait for photos to share the journey! 

Congrats too!  Still curious to know who's your Doctor :)

Actually, i found that travelling time and passing through immigration is more stressing than the surgery itself. It wasn't painful at all specially the anesthesia part, just felt little uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach.

Here is a pic from my surgery.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 15.42.05.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, HCH said:

Congrats too!  Still curious to know who's your Doctor :)

Actually, i found that travelling time and passing through immigration is more stressing than the surgery itself. It wasn't painful at all specially the anesthesia part, just felt little uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach.

Here is a pic from my surgery.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 15.42.05.jpeg

Hehe cool, hands on action! Look forward to seeing the breakdown :D  I agree, with two flights cancelled, 15 hour journey, "border" check three times, two corona tests (one was very expensive). This added to the anxiety because you don't know if you will make it to the surgery, or if you will test positive on something. It is enough to worry about the "surgery plan" and that you and the Doctor agree on your expectations. So now I am relieved and feeling good. Just have to make it home on Sunday :P It was Dr. Bruno Ferreira in portugal, just didn't want to mention in case I never made it there!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SLA said:

Congratulations @HCH and @j1mmy!

Quite a journey in these times! Looking forward to seeing your progress in the coming months!!!

Thanks a lot, will be posting my journey soon :) 

• Like 1