Hair of Istanbul -- 2 HT, Nearly 4000 grafts, not much but destroyed donor to show for it

Peezus

40 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Wow. Crazy stuff. It kind of beggars belief that Floyd Mayweather - a billionaire sports icon - would go to Istanbul for a cheap hair transplant. 

Other celebs have gone to Cinik & HOI. Mind you, like d-list social media people. Honestly think they're just perk / attention whores.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Peezus said:

Other celebs have gone to Cinik & HOI. Mind you, like d-list social media people. Honestly think they're just perk / attention whores.

I was "impressed" by their profile and went through it. Looks like they have some relatively high profile people who went there like this guy that ended up happy apparently: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0dNWuAnKuo/.

I am really puzzled as to what the deal is, perhaps they actually are legit and good at stuffing 3k grafts in the hairline, so if you are NW1/2 they can get you to that NW0, but if you have NW3+ hair loss then good luck? Did this guy draw your hairline: https://www.instagram.com/mfatihakdemir/ ?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

1 minute ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

I was "impressed" by their profile and went through it. Looks like they have some relatively high profile people who went there like this guy that ended up happy apparently: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0dNWuAnKuo/.

I am really puzzled as to what the deal is, perhaps they actually are legit and good at stuffing 3k grafts in the hairline, so if you are NW1/2 they can get you to that NW0, but if you have NW3+ hair loss then good luck? Did this guy draw your hairline: https://www.instagram.com/mfatihakdemir/ ?

Yep, he did. And he's terrible at doing anything but drawing a straight line. I kept telling them where my diffuse and patchy areas were--and they couldn't recognize them. Mind you, I can spot my own through the SMP I received and I'm not an 'expert' at this, I just have eyes. I think they specialize in either NW2's or NW6's. No inbetween. I was unfortunately more an NW 3/4 with some thinning in my crown and vertex. And I really wish I went somewhere with SURGEONS who knew how to recognize what I needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peezus said:

Yep, he did. And he's terrible at doing anything but drawing a straight line. I kept telling them where my diffuse and patchy areas were--and they couldn't recognize them. Mind you, I can spot my own through the SMP I received and I'm not an 'expert' at this, I just have eyes. I think they specialize in either NW2's or NW6's. No inbetween. I was unfortunately more an NW 3/4 with some thinning in my crown and vertex. And I really wish I went somewhere with SURGEONS who knew how to recognize what I needed.

Yeah those hairlines he draws are too straight and too low and aggressive. He does seem passionate about them though, there's a video on his insta where he cleans it up a few times before he settles on it. Of course, naturalness and reality of the nature of person's hair loss are apparently not taken into account.

• Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

I didn't read all of the text in this thread so sorry if my comment seems out of place, but just really looking at the photos, the transplant and native hair itself looks fine to me? I was expecting the transplant hair to look really bad lol. But yes of course the donor area and the gap areas are issues. 

How does the donor area look if you grow your hair out? Grown out hair in the donor area might not be your preferred hairstyle, but I say go with that if it covers the donor damage. 

I myself had 1 bad HT from one doctor, and then made a mistake similar to you, of being suckered into a free repair job by the same doctor. The only thing that removed my bad obsessive thoughts was actively working towards my 3rd repair HT, which I am happy about. 

Also as Melvin said, we are our own worst critics. If you grow your donor hair out I don't think any casual observer would suspect your donor was odd. 

At the same time, I don't want to underestimate how you are feeling, you clearly state how depressed this is making you feel. I wasn't depressed per say, but I was definitely OBSESSED about my hair - 20x more obsessed than I was before my hair transplant journey began- as I went through the crazy stressful recovery process.

Spending infinite hours in the bathroom mirror and taking hundreds of photos of my hair. I was obsessed about flaws that, while objectively indeed existed and were the result of a bad HT, no one but myself really noticed or cared about. Obviously when you share your personal story online and close up photos on this forum with other hair transplant obsessives, it can be easy for these cosmetic issues to really get blown out of proportion. 

No internet stranger can tell you how to feel. If your life is truly getting f*cked up because of your mental state due to these HT's, maybe you honestly should just get a hair system during this interim period until you get a repair HT

If you are anything like me, you really won't be able to stop obsessing about this until you are firmly on track for your repair HT. Unfortunately, I do agree with others that you must wait 10 months or so, so doctors can fully assess the latest HT. As hard as it is, just focus on the repair HT route, and growing out the donor area, using concealers, or yes getting a hair system if you truly can't handle the impact these 2 HT's have had on you.

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Man I genuinely don’t think your situation is bad at all. You are being to hard on yourself. Your hair looks very healthy. Remember fue is not a scarless procedure their is always going to be white dots after it when you shave down to a low grade. So you will have to keep your hair at a certain length to cover them. I think you are over reacting here. 

Agreed with posters above. Don't think it's actually bad. The way you described it made it seem like it's completely botched. Granted can be better,but so can majority of transplants. Post some clear pics now if you can and maybe we can judge better

• 1 month later...

you don't even look bad though after your first procedure with HoI. I get dysmorphia may be distorting things a bit for you mentally but from numerous outsider opinions, including mine, you don't look botched at all.

Edited by 100Rings

• Administrators
On 2/14/2021 at 5:56 AM, mxm56 said:

Is there any way to prevent this??? how can one be sure of this not happening when he picks a doctor? I think this clinic is quite famous so i wonder who i can trust or not.

Registering here is step #1 but take a look at this video.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...