What kind of Norwood type am I?

Giulio

10 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Hi

how old are you? If your not on Fin already then that might help you retain the hair you do have. Also have you got a pic of your donor area? I can’t really see how far the crown dips. 

Hello,I am 28.These are ny other photos

IMG20201206112359.jpg

IMG20201206112429.jpg

IMG20201206112313.jpg

IMG20201206112222.jpg

IMG20201206112209.jpg

Have you tried the shaved head look yet? Something that needs to be tried when people face a high Norwood level. 
Your donor area does not look particularly strong unfortunately. Maybe consult with a few Drs/clinics so they can give you a good idea of what you can achieve.

Eugenix would be great, they excel in these type of cases! 

2 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Have you tried the shaved head look yet? Something that needs to be tried when people face a high Norwood level. 
Your donor area does not look particularly strong unfortunately. Maybe consult with a few Drs/clinics so they can give you a good idea of what you can achieve.

Eugenix would be great, they excel in these type of cases! 

Yeah,I tried shaving it and it looks horrible.I have seen good resulta from Eugenix but they are in India I think,and I live in Europe.I was hoping of doing a body to head hair transplant

8 minutes ago, Giulio said:

Yeah,I tried shaving it and it looks horrible.I have seen good resulta from Eugenix but they are in India I think,and I live in Europe.I was hoping of doing a body to head hair transplant

Yes they are in India. How about Dr Bisanga? He’s doing some really good work with BHT too. 
Maybe HDC too? @Doron Haratiis the rep 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

• Moderators

You are going to be NW 7 (and you could be classified as already there, except you still have some hair all over). If you are thinking about getting a hair transplant you would need at last 6000 grafts to get decent coverage. Your hair is light colored and matches your skin tone, so you can get away with thinner coverage than if you had darker hair. If you had dark hair you would need 10,000 to 12,000 or more grafts. I don't think you can get more than 3000 grafts from your donor area and possibly not even that many. If you can get at least 3000 grafts from your beard then you might have a shot at getting some decent coverage with a high hairline and recessed temples. Most likely though you would be disappointed with the results you may be able to achieve.

You still have a bit of hair all over your head, so if I were you I would seriously look into microneedling and taking finisteride. That combination seems to be having some good results on cases like yours where there is still some thinning hair growing everywhere.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

@Giulio You need to put any hair transplant considerations on the backburner until you've stabilized your hairloss and hopefully thicken up what you currently have.

A hair transplant doesn't "fix" hairloss; it's just a cosmetic reallocation of hair. It does nothing to address the underlying condition.

Finasteride would be the obvious choice, but there's also Dutasteride, RU58841, and CB-03-01 to look into.

As far as what Norwood level you classify as right now? Who cares. Anyone going for a hair transplant without actually addressing their MPB is walking into a bear trap.

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Like 1

• Administrators

How old are you? Norwood 6 is probably your final outcome, but if you have 7s in your family, you could progress to that level as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, BeHappy said:

You are going to be NW 7 (and you could be classified as already there, except you still have some hair all over). If you are thinking about getting a hair transplant you would need at last 6000 grafts to get decent coverage. Your hair is light colored and matches your skin tone, so you can get away with thinner coverage than if you had darker hair. If you had dark hair you would need 10,000 to 12,000 or more grafts. I don't think you can get more than 3000 grafts from your donor area and possibly not even that many. If you can get at least 3000 grafts from your beard then you might have a shot at getting some decent coverage with a high hairline and recessed temples. Most likely though you would be disappointed with the results you may be able to achieve.

You still have a bit of hair all over your head, so if I were you I would seriously look into microneedling and taking finisteride. That combination seems to be having some good results on cases like yours where there is still some thinning hair growing everywhere.

Yes,I  think I am going to be a Norwood 7 like m father.Thanks for the reply and the advice.

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How old are you? Norwood 6 is probably your final outcome, but if you have 7s in your family, you could progress to that level as well.

I think that I am going to be a Norwood 7 eventually like my father.The body to hear hair transplant is  the only hope for me

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

.Thanks for the reply and the advice.

22 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

@Giulio You need to put any hair transplant considerations on the backburner until you've stabilized your hairloss and hopefully thicken up what you currently have.

A hair transplant doesn't "fix" hairloss; it's just a cosmetic reallocation of hair. It does nothing to address the underlying condition.

Finasteride would be the obvious choice, but there's also Dutasteride, RU58841, and CB-03-01 to look into.

As far as what Norwood level you classify as right now? Who cares. Anyone going for a hair transplant without actually addressing their MPB is walking into a bear trap.

True,more I look into hair transplants more it seems like i  am not a suitable candidate.Body to head hair transplants are the only hope for me..Thanks for the reply and the advice.

5 minutes ago, Giulio said:

True,more I look into hair transplants more it seems like i  am not a suitable candidate.Body to head hair transplants are the only hope for me..Thanks for the reply and the advice.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying you have no idea what's possible or not because your hairloss is currently untreated.

Maybe you'll be an amazing responder to treatments.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Giulio said:

I think that I am going to be a Norwood 7 eventually like my father.The body to hear hair transplant is  the only hope for me

Yea, you’re on your way to being a 7. What are your expectations?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'd be very careful, like others have said if you do go the hair transplant route you probably won't be satisfied, especially if you are shooting for being a norwood 2 again, look at the distance below.

On the plus side you have no scarring, and all hair transplants will leave scarring. Have you considered scalp micropigmentation? it could help to frame your face.

image.png.256e1d09bc9ce95813dae03c08108533.png

Giulio, really sorry you have such an aggressive MPB. :( I agree with @BeHappy, you're technically already a NW7 because there's very little vellus hair left on the top, BUT the worst thing is that your sides have receded all the way to your ears. :( I'm not trying to be so negative, but you can't and shouldn't want to be a NW2, don't let any clinic fool you it could be achieved with scalp donor, because it's not just about restoring your hairline and midscalp region, but also your sides. 

I'm really not trying to discourage you, but you don't seem to be a candidate at all, some might say you could do an FUT or two for better yield but then if the worst happens and you'll still have to shave it all off what would you about the scars? :( 

I think the only thing you could try at this point is what @PizzaWolf suggested, forget about HT and try treatment first, but you probably need to throw in anything but the kitchen sink, I'd go for dutasteride + a topical fin with high dose minoxidil from minoxmax and microneedling. PRP too. Give it a year, if you improve it might be worth consulting with some top clinics on what your options are, with a bit of body hair thrown in you might get a very good result as opposed to what you have now. 

What are your expectations?

On 12/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, Giulio said:

To become a Norwood 2

Then do not get a hair transplant.  Shave it and embrace it.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

On 12/14/2020 at 12:45 AM, UnbaldEagle said:

Giulio, really sorry you have such an aggressive MPB. :( I agree with @BeHappy, you're technically already a NW7 because there's very little vellus hair left on the top, BUT the worst thing is that your sides have receded all the way to your ears. :( I'm not trying to be so negative, but you can't and shouldn't want to be a NW2, don't let any clinic fool you it could be achieved with scalp donor, because it's not just about restoring your hairline and midscalp region, but also your sides. 

I'm really not trying to discourage you, but you don't seem to be a candidate at all, some might say you could do an FUT or two for better yield but then if the worst happens and you'll still have to shave it all off what would you about the scars? :( 

I think the only thing you could try at this point is what @PizzaWolf suggested, forget about HT and try treatment first, but you probably need to throw in anything but the kitchen sink, I'd go for dutasteride + a topical fin with high dose minoxidil from minoxmax and microneedling. PRP too. Give it a year, if you improve it might be worth consulting with some top clinics on what your options are, with a bit of body hair thrown in you might get a very good result as opposed to what you have now. 

I was afraid this would be the case,but nah,better to have a silicon  skuull  prothesis that to just shave it.

4 hours ago, Giulio said:

Well,I look like shit shaved.I already look horrible now

Alright, imagine how you look now, but with a sparse crop of hair on top.  Ain't gonna be worth the trouble, $$$, dashed hopes, and you just might end up looking worse. I'd shave it off and maybe look into getting the moles removed so you can rock a clean scalp. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group