Shaved head after FUE

• Administrators

If you’re considering shaving your head, just do it and forget surgery.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

16 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

How does it look like on him? Did he use smp to cover it up?

He just shaves regularly and it looks good. No SMP.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, voxman said:

He just shaves regularly and it looks good. No SMP.

I think if you just rock the scar, people won’t care.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Seniormido I saw a totally bald guy at the mall the other day who had a very clear FUT scar in the back (maybe it wouldn't be obvious to a casual observer, but totally obvious to me). 

Made me sad that this was a fellow hair transplant warrior who had given up the fight. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

@Seniormido I saw a totally bald guy at the mall the other day who had a very clear FUT scar in the back (maybe it wouldn't be obvious to a casual observer, but totally obvious to me). 

Made me sad that this was a fellow hair transplant warrior who had given up the fight. 

Sometimes you need to give up on hair to save other things !

• Valued Contributor

I remember about 15 ten years ago (more?) seeing a guy at the local mall. He had the the old style 'punch graft' hair transplant. However he had shaved his head and I could see the scars in the back donor area and the shaved plugs on top (no SMP back then). As soon as I saw him I immediately had total respect! He had definitely walked the road less traveled!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I remember about 15 ten years ago (more?) seeing a guy at the local mall. He had the the old style 'punch graft' hair transplant. However he had shaved his head and I could see the scars in the back donor area and the shaved plugs on top (no SMP back then). As soon as I saw him I immediately had total respect! He had definitely walked the road less traveled!

Respect !

He is brave, it’s difficult you feel that you have scars and still have no hair !

On 12/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

this is very naive.

life is not binary. maybe you can look better in a hair transplant until you are 40 (20-40 is when most men start a family, advance in career, party, etc) and when it's no longer manageable you shave it off.

Life happens in the very moment. So it's perfectly fine for someone to NOT want to shave their head right now, but throw in money and time into creating an illusion of hair through hair transplants and defer the act of shaving till it's completely necessary. That's when the question arises - "how does a shaved head look after FUE?"

Life is a journey, not a destination. It's not an equation where you say "oh if you are going to shave it at 40 anyway, you might as well do it now"

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Maybe it's not that he wants to shave his head, but that he would like to keep that option in the case the HT doesn't work out as planned?

I believe that's the reason Joe Rogan shaves his head. 

I have seen two random people in public with shaved heads sporting a huge strip scar on the back of their heads. Maybe they shaved for the same reason Joe Rogan did. 

• Administrators
On 12/6/2020 at 12:31 AM, plus said:

this is very naive.

life is not binary. maybe you can look better in a hair transplant until you are 40 (20-40 is when most men start a family, advance in career, party, etc) and when it's no longer manageable you shave it off.

Life happens in the very moment. So it's perfectly fine for someone to NOT want to shave their head right now, but throw in money and time into creating an illusion of hair through hair transplants and defer the act of shaving till it's completely necessary. That's when the question arises - "how does a shaved head look after FUE?"

Life is a journey, not a destination. It's not an equation where you say "oh if you are going to shave it at 40 anyway, you might as well do it now"

There is no scarless surgery, if the thought of shaving is even in your mind, why not do it first and see if it’s a look you could live with? Doing nothing is not naive. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators
20 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Maybe it's not that he wants to shave his head, but that he would like to keep that option in the case the HT doesn't work out as planned?

I believe that's the reason Joe Rogan shaves his head. 

I have seen two random people in public with shaved heads sporting a huge strip scar on the back of their heads. Maybe they shaved for the same reason Joe Rogan did. 

Joe Rogan has consistently said that he wishes he would’ve just shaved to begin with, if you’re considering shaving, the logical thing would be to shave your head. I’m speaking from experience, I shaved my head, it was not for me.

Therefore, I knew hair transplants was the route for me, once you embark there’s no going back. If you’re not okay shaving now without scars, you definitely won’t be okay shaving with scars. If you shave your head now, and realize you like it, well then you just found your solution. Doing nothing is never bad advice. 

• Like 3

View my thread

34 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There is no scarless surgery, if the thought of shaving is even in your mind, why not do it first and see if it’s a look you could live with? Doing nothing is not naive. 

oh I totally agree with shaving and seeing. I've done it too :)  But the vast majority of men would like you and me decide that shaving isn't for them. but then what do you do? you do everything under the sun to live a fulfilling life with some illusion of hair until at some point there is far too much miniaturisation and then you shave it off.

the scars - yes, but I think the whole point of this thread is how bad they will be.

The question is, is it worth dealing with those scars when you're 45 if it means you will be much happier from 25-40?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Joe Rogan has consistently said that he wishes he would’ve just shaved to begin with, if you’re considering shaving, the logical thing would be to shave your head. I’m speaking from experience, I shaved my head, it was not for me.

Therefore, I knew hair transplants was the route for me, once you embark there’s no going back. If you’re not okay shaving now without scars, you definitely won’t be okay shaving with scars. If you shave your head now, and realize you like it, well then you just found your solution. Doing nothing is never bad advice. 

What you did was smart. First you tried the shaved look. It didn't work for you then you went for the HTs. Sounds good. 

The vast majority of people lose the option to shave after getting a HT (specially if it's FUT), that must be clear. 

1 minute ago, JohnBob said:

What you did was smart. First you tried the shaved look. It didn't work for you then you went for the HTs. Sounds good. 

The vast majority of people lose the option to shave after getting a HT (specially if it's FUT), that must be clear. 

what about FUE? I haven't been able to find many photos of shaved heads after FUE. most pics are to show how WITH hair the scars are not visible.