How many grafts have been transplanted (photos attached). We agreed on 3,000. Unethical clinic. Feeling very upset.

3 hours ago, UnbaldEagle said:

That is nowhere near 3000 grafts, more like around 1000-1500. Are you sure the quantity was not expressed in the amount of hairs? Some clinics can be misleading, and it turns out they mean 3000-4000 hairs instead of grafts. 

It is not even close to 1000-1500 at all. 

• Like 2

One of three things have happened here. 

1. There was massive transection, where perhaps 3000 attempts were made, but only around 400 grafts were harvested intact and placed. This is the worst scenario, due to the wastage of limited donor hair. If this was the case, the procedure should been aborted early on when the high transection rate was noticed. We occasionally see this with Afro hair with a severe curl, but with straight hair we have never seen transection like this.

2. Only around 400 attempts were made and those grafts placed, which in our clinic would only take about an hour to an hour and a half to perform. Assuming the patient was in the clinic for the day, if this was the case it reflects a novice performing the procedure. Trying to pass off a 400 graft case as a 3000 graft case is just fraud.

3. 3000 extractions were performed, and only 400 of the grafts were placed, and the remaining 2600 grafts tossed into the trash. Actually this is just as bad as the first scenario. Again this is fraud.

Reputable hair transplant physicians recognize there is an honor system when it comes to graft counts. Most of us charge by the graft, so an accurate intact graft count is essential to keep trust with our patients. When that trust is violated as in this case, it is a black eye for the industry, and should never be tolerated. My inclination would be to contact the supervising medical licensing board. In the US, any signed complaint to a medical board must be investigated, and few complaints are as serious as outright lying to a patient. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Great interaction and informative posts by our physicians. Who was the “reputable clinic” have you reached out to them? What did they have to say?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great interaction and informative posts by our physicians. Who was the “reputable clinic” have you reached out to them? What did they have to say?

This is what I wanna know.  Which clinic butchered this poor guy??

If I had to take a guess its that infamous clinic in Denver, but I could be wrong.

OP, please post clinic's name.  That way they cant butcher more people!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Westview said:

If I had to take a guess its that infamous clinic in Denver, but I could be wrong.

This guy says he lives at Beirut, Lebanon. If he went local I’m thinking hairmill or some plastic surgeon dipping in to hair transplants. Not seen work this poor In years.

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Westview said:

Yes, the infamous clinic from @Sanjar41 I have to say this work looks miles better than their work.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 hours ago, Westview said:

that infamous clinic in Denver

@Westview I live in Denver lol, what clinic are you referring to? I think you're referring to one out in Highlands Ranch tho right that got shut down a few years ago?. There is also HairSciencesCenter with Dr. Jim Harris, I think he's solid tho. 

@westview nvm I see James Boland in Colorado Springs. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989

• Administrators
18 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

@Westview I live in Denver lol, what clinic are you referring to? I think you're referring to one out in Highlands Ranch tho right that got shut down a few years ago?. There is also HairSciencesCenter with Dr. Jim Harris, I think he's solid tho. 

Look up @Sanjar41 thread, now that is shocking work. 

View my thread

On 11/11/2020 at 12:21 AM, DenverBuff1989 said:

Yupper, thats the one.  See thread:

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 4:32 AM, Lb25 said:

Hello everyone,

sorry for the late reply. This has been a crazy week. On top of this I have to deal with other hassles. I have sent the clinic a well-written email threatening to sue as some of you have suggested and I also texted one of the doctors who at least respectful and nice. The other doctor that operated on me called because I think the first one informed him of how dissatisfied I am to say the least. The second doctor actually  was very rude to me and rather aggressive trying to convince me that what he did is a good job. He wouldn't even let me speak so at the end I told him that you're being very disrespectful and I am done speaking to you and hung up. Both actually have tried to convince me that what they have done is and I quote "a great job". Indeed, as one of you have said, how can they sleep at night? This world is full of nasty people, but let's not dwell on that because it's depressing..

I sent another email today as well to the clinic with a much angrier and more assertive tone. It's sunday so I expect them to reply or call tomorrow or during next week. The CEO/Founder of the clinic  is a well-known lady (were a very small country relatively) who also owns one of the biggest pharmacists in the country. I hope she's as reasonable as she seems and will do what's right before this escalates to a lawsuit. My brother is a lawyer with a lot of connections so I have that going on for me at least.

As for revealing the name, I will eventually because I sure do not want anyone else ever to experience this. I am usually a very shy and reserved person who doesn't like confrontation but I will not hold back until I get a full refund. I am however currently using what they think is a good reputation to put pressure on them because I threatened them to go on every social media that ever existed and sue them both here and in Dubai (the lady has interests there too) even if it's the last thing I do on earth. 

I will update you soon and upload more photos. I am just so tired at this point as I am also dealing with other personal and family issues. How lucky I am this year! it's been horrible for a lot of people too I have to admit. 

Your support means a lot, really. Thank you! Speak soon.

hope you're feeling better now. i guess you should reveal the clinic name, this is a fraud !

If not mistaken, this is Joelle clinic right?

• Like 1

I'm also interested in an update. Sorry you had to go through this @Lb25 . Not sure you'd even want to pursue this option, but realistically I doubt any hair transplant case could lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit, unless your physical health has suffered. 

However, your case is on the more severe side of bad hair transplants. I would perhaps still get a lawyer just to strengthen your position, and absolutely raise hell with this clinic. Get consultations from other more esteemed clinics on a repair hair transplant, then absolutely demand a full refund from this clinic + any additional $ to cover the repair surgery, plus attorney fee and perhaps travel expenses. 

There are bad hair transplants where the surgeon puts in the effort but is just not talented or experienced, and then there are cases such as this where it is obvious the doctor does not care about his patient and just wanted to take your money and be done with you and send you on your way.

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Thanks 1