How many grafts have been transplanted (photos attached). We agreed on 3,000. Unethical clinic. Feeling very upset.

After consulting twice with the doctor at a "reputable clinic", he suggested that we fill the frontal area with 3,000 grafts. The clinic is supposedly upper scale. The operation itself wasn't a horrible experience. However, there was a lot of swelling, some pain and a lot of psychological distress afterwards when I finally checked out the results after a couple of days and realized that there is no way that they implanted 3,000 grafts (I've compared them to photos online).

I am very upset and frankly even depressed at this point. How many grafts did they implant? and what do you suggest I do? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 7.44.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 7.45.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 7.45.49 AM.png

@Lb25 I'm sorry for what happened to you, but a clinic is not reputable if it works like that.  The least you can do is let everyone know the name of this pseudo-clinic, where have you seen other patients operated on at that clinic?  Who is the surgeon?

Edited by Egy
  • Like 2

Thank you for your kind words. How many grafts did they implant do you think? (estimation)

There were two doctors and a nurse working. 

I live in Beirut, Lebanon. Yes I will let everyone know the name but I need to figure out what to do first. 

What do you suggest I do at this point (one week in)? Call and ask for a full refund and threaten to sue?

I am usually a very reserved and shy person so this is very distressing to me.

Oh dear, how very sad. There are no more than a few hundred grafts that have been implanted and that is being generous.

Yes ask for a refund, there is no way they delivered what they promised. How long did it take? It would help if you have a pic of your donor area too.

All I can say is least they hopefully have left your donor area intact and you can get another Ht at different clinic. Pretty sure someone like Eugenix could help you going forward. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 4

Be depressed, sure - but also be mad and act on that immediately with the clinic.  Bring this to their attention and ask them how many grafts they see.  Ask for your money back or threaten to take it to court.  Let them know that world will see their work.  We will spread the news about this business. 

• Like 5

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I'm sorry for what you must be going through. There is probably 10 % of what they promised on delivering, although @jimcraig152probably has a near perfect number. A refund is the least they can do. i just don't really imagine how someone can do such a thing and sleep at night. Honestly. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

This is outright criminal.  Threaten to sue and publicize their name.  

• Like 3

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I would look to sue imo. That is downright unacceptable and quite frankly criminal. I'm sorry you went through this, the upside could be that it appears only 400 grafts were actually taken, hopefully your donor was preserved and you need to take time to correctly research whether you are a candidate in the first place, and a proper clinic. Im not sure where you've heard about their "reputation" but I think you took it too lightly.  

• Like 2

Whatever happens don't accept an offer for a free 2nd surgery from them. Demand a full refund at minimum. 

I had a bad 1st HT, then I made the mistake of allowing the same doc to do a repair 2nd HT free of charge. My thought process was "surely the doctor won't make the same mistakes a 2nd time". WRONG! 

You should also consult other doctors for a repair job, and then demand the clinic pay whatever amount the estimation is from other doctors. At least in America, you may have a poor chance of taking this to court. Yes the HT was botched and poorly done, but its not like you are disfigured or were physically hurt, etc. But what will get the clinic to pay up is being aggressive, demanding a refund, etc. They definitely don't want you to cause a ruckus and post bad reviews. 

I will also say that - unfortunately - I don't think any ethical doctor will do a repair job on you until at least 10 months from now when all the current grafts grow in. Even though you already know the result will obviously be unsatisfactory, a repair HT will need to see the grafts grown in, so the surgeon can work around them. 

Thats one of the sh*ttiest things about hair transplants - when you know you're going to get a bad result, but you still have to grit your teeth and bear it for a year or so until you can get a repair job. 

If it's any solace, know that its unfortunately pretty common to need a repair HT. Most people's hairloss journeys involve multiple hair transplants. 

Edited by DenverBuff1989
  • Like 5

Actually if this patient went to a reputable clinic soon, with the grafts so spread out, there is little risk of damaging the previously transplanted grafts. It would need to be done within the next couple of weeks before the grafts begin to shed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michael Vories, MD said:

Actually if this patient went to a reputable clinic soon, with the grafts so spread out, there is little risk of damaging the previously transplanted grafts. It would need to be done within the next couple of weeks before the grafts begin to shed.

Would you recommend punch-outs of the "hairline" grafts?  I'm almost certain the hairline is too low and there are some multi's up front.  Looks like every graft is a multi. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Valued Contributor

What is the height from the glabella (the spot between your eyebrows) to the hairline they have created in centimeters? If you could show a photo of your face front on and from both the left and right hand sides we could make out what has gone on. Just black out your eyes if you don't want to show your identity. As to this so called 'clinic!' You need to to call them out right now because tomorrow morning they will be butchering another person just like yourself and who knows how many before you have had the same experience? How can they have any come back after delivering 10% of what you both agreed on. Did they charge you only 10% of the initial price? It's clinics like these that need to close down permanently.

Also even more importantly how many grafts have been taken from the donor area? Do you have a photo of the donor area post op? If it was me (and I already have 35 years of anger in my belly) I would be reporting them to every hair transplant body on the planet. Along with demanding a total refund and costs to go to somewhere like Eugenix to cover the costs of repairing what they have done (or more to the point haven't). I've done podcasts, call ins on many YouTube and Instagram 'hair police' on just this sort of corrupt shit going on in this field. You hold all the cards but you just don't realize it (and they know that). In another ten years you will regret that you didn't go hard on them in hindsight. Further to that many others will have also fallen prey to these buffoons as well.

The thing you do have going for you is that if the donor supply has not been vandalized (and with 3-400 FUE grafts remove I can't see how it could be) it will be a process of going to someone like Eugenix to have any grafts in the temples removed and further grafts transplanted around the ones you have now. Don't get depressed. Get even!!!!! All the best.

• Like 6

Hello everyone,

sorry for the late reply. This has been a crazy week. On top of this I have to deal with other hassles. I have sent the clinic a well-written email threatening to sue as some of you have suggested and I also texted one of the doctors who at least respectful and nice. The other doctor that operated on me called because I think the first one informed him of how dissatisfied I am to say the least. The second doctor actually  was very rude to me and rather aggressive trying to convince me that what he did is a good job. He wouldn't even let me speak so at the end I told him that you're being very disrespectful and I am done speaking to you and hung up. Both actually have tried to convince me that what they have done is and I quote "a great job". Indeed, as one of you have said, how can they sleep at night? This world is full of nasty people, but let's not dwell on that because it's depressing..

I sent another email today as well to the clinic with a much angrier and more assertive tone. It's sunday so I expect them to reply or call tomorrow or during next week. The CEO/Founder of the clinic  is a well-known lady (were a very small country relatively) who also owns one of the biggest pharmacists in the country. I hope she's as reasonable as she seems and will do what's right before this escalates to a lawsuit. My brother is a lawyer with a lot of connections so I have that going on for me at least.

As for revealing the name, I will eventually because I sure do not want anyone else ever to experience this. I am usually a very shy and reserved person who doesn't like confrontation but I will not hold back until I get a full refund. I am however currently using what they think is a good reputation to put pressure on them because I threatened them to go on every social media that ever existed and sue them both here and in Dubai (the lady has interests there too) even if it's the last thing I do on earth. 

I will update you soon and upload more photos. I am just so tired at this point as I am also dealing with other personal and family issues. How lucky I am this year! it's been horrible for a lot of people too I have to admit. 

Your support means a lot, really. Thank you! Speak soon.

Edited by Lb25
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor

@Lb25 you have nothing to lose by naming the CEO/Founder (as well as the names of the surgeons) who call this work 'very good.' They should not only be banned from performing hair transplant surgery but really should be punished for the damages that they have committed, both emotionally and physically. 'Fraud' also comes to mind when they deliver 10% of what you paid for and still call this 'very good.'

On the upside you will get past this but their lies and incompetence will require another procedure/s. Imagine if they did a great job and you decided to only pay them 10% of the bill? No prisoners! All the best.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3

Oh and I almost forgot, one of the doctors told me yesterday that yes he does admit that he promised 3,000 grafts but that they could only extract more than 500. I was like: I had two consultation with you where you examined my scalp prior to the consultation !!!! and at no point in time during or after the operation did you or the other nincompoop informe me of the change.

And to think that I did this whole thing to begin with to cheer myself up because my mom passed away 2 months ago and my grandpa, 4 months ago! I am telling you ... this year... 

Anyway, it's pretty late here and I am exhausted. I will reply to everyone soon and thank you again for the support.

Edited by Lb25
  • Like 4

Thank you so much for updating us! I was beginning to worry you wouldn’t be back. It’s great news that your brother is a lawyer! I’m sure he would only be too glad to help you out on this.

I bet you paid for 3000 and not 500! Which as Jim counted isn’t even that amount.

The clinic has been so rude in there response so far, how very disappointing. Let’s hope a legal response will get a better one. 

• Like 2

Not only does it look like its a lot less than 3,000 grafts, it also looks like the hairline is way too low. It should be higher up the forehead.

Thats just my untrained eye looking at your pics though, I could be wrong.

Ask another HT doctor if he can confirm this for you

• Like 1