2,000 FUE Hair Transplant by Dr Farjo

KJ123456

• Administrators
6 hours ago, KJ123456 said:

FB28D99C-C226-4D3C-8CB5-92EED57EC744.jpeg

That’s an absolutely insane transformation. Wow

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.  I’m at a bit of a weird stage in my HT journey.

i honestly feel like I preferred my look at 7 months to now (almost 12 months).  I think that’s maybe due to the fact that I’ve gone from a terrible hairline, to an improved one but then ‘demand’ more.  I have to look back on old photos to fully appreciate the transformation but it’s still strange.

I was wearing my hair ‘up’ and over to the side like a parting but whenever I go anywhere with intense lighting (eg in a changing room in clothes shop) it looks like I have 20% hair and I’m aLmost bald.  I don’t think it’s helped by my hair being extremely ‘fine’ anyway (barbers have always commented on that) and maybe I need either more transplanted hair, or the micro tattoo things to imitate dark hair roots.

ive started to wear my hair forward with a fringe, as harsh lighting does not affect that style and it looks ‘full’.

anyone else get like this?? 

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, KJ123456 said:

Hey guys.  I’m at a bit of a weird stage in my HT journey.

i honestly feel like I preferred my look at 7 months to now (almost 12 months).  I think that’s maybe due to the fact that I’ve gone from a terrible hairline, to an improved one but then ‘demand’ more.  I have to look back on old photos to fully appreciate the transformation but it’s still strange.

I was wearing my hair ‘up’ and over to the side like a parting but whenever I go anywhere with intense lighting (eg in a changing room in clothes shop) it looks like I have 20% hair and I’m aLmost bald.  I don’t think it’s helped by my hair being extremely ‘fine’ anyway (barbers have always commented on that) and maybe I need either more transplanted hair, or the micro tattoo things to imitate dark hair roots.

ive started to wear my hair forward with a fringe, as harsh lighting does not affect that style and it looks ‘full’.

anyone else get like this?? 

Hey KJ! I realize you posted this months ago, so it may not be relevant anymore. Hopefully this all resolved itself and you're feeling good about your hair again. If not, here are some thoughts that will hopefully put you at ease.

Seasonal shedding is something we all go through, and depending on how sensitive you are to changes in your hair, it can sometimes seem quite drastic and startling when you first experience it. Our hairs go through natural growth/shedding phases, and sometimes the shedding phases can decrease the density a bit. That very well could be all that's going on here. 

It's good you're open to the possibility of this being "hair greed" of sorts, which is also common for those of us with hair transplants. We get significant improvement, and then we find we always want more. There's nothing inherently "wrong" with this, but it is something to be mindful of so that whatever decision you make around it is made from a sound place. For instance, if I hyper focus on the hair around my temples, I could send myself in a tailspin of thinking my hair looks way worse than it does. Could I use some temple work in the future? Sure. But it's also not nearly as bad as I sometimes think it is - and perspective really is everything. So maybe your hair looks as thin as you think it does - and maybe you're overemphasizing the lower density in your head and it's really not that bad. You can post photos of what you're talking about if you want some outside opinions.

Lastly, the vast majority of fitting room lighting is GARBAGE and none of us should ever let our appearance in these rooms dictate the way we see ourselves. Lol. Fortunately, we're not walking around in a world full of harsh, fitting room lighting - so keep that in perspective and don't let it be a primary reason of you changing your hairstyle. 

I hope that helps. I hope you've managed to sort through this - and if not, some food for thought!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

This is the 2nd thread I've seen where Farjo are producing what seems like stellar results from a low graft count. 

Do you have any updates on how it's looking now and if you still felt it needed more density?

Thanks for the information!