I have a fue ht 1 month ago, I really worried. What can I do?

Hello, I had a hair transplant a month ago. Well, to put it mildly, I am not all satisfied with the result. I reportedly received 5,000 grafts, but the frequency of implantation is rare, especially in the back, and my donor area is also much rarer than before. Honestly, I haven’t regretted making a decision in my life like this, and it’s really bad that I have to wait so long, and even worse, that I know the result won’t be as expected. But the worst part is that I can’t even cut it bald now because it will show in my donor area that there was surgery there. Any tips for guys who have struggled with similar experiences? how can i get through this period without losing my mind?  

my main concern is that it won't be good in the back because it's very rare there. Actually, I just want to cut it short and live a normal life again :( And I think my donor area is over harvested

120528033_907715416418746_5338269299606618895_n.jpg

120204116_353980022464080_1490989671145569369_n.jpg

120348634_1040903682996882_6854206840477468774_n.jpg

120387111_330391751578698_7637220711316764517_n.jpg

120400198_1033803770402549_2902916458590757985_n.jpg

Edited by Raymond92

1 month out is where all the grafts will shed and you will face at least a few more months before they start to grow again.

Its difficult to tell without seeing your before surgery pics. And have you got any when it was done? 
it’s also possible you have some temporary shock loss in the donor area. 

6 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

1 month out is where all the grafts will shed and you will face at least a few more months before they start to grow again.

Its difficult to tell without seeing your before surgery pics. And have you got any when it was done? 
it’s also possible you have some temporary shock loss in the donor area. 

Before operation. Yeah I think is a shock loss, but I m worry that not temporary

120418448_1697036290452766_7015129815333685113_n.jpg

120409907_915198925676018_1880495982471265845_n.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

I don’t think you should be worried. 5000 grafts is going to make a big difference. But right now is the waiting game. Keep us updated on here every month. 
Are you on any meds to retain what hair you have already? 

i am taking biotin and the clinic recommend minoxidil to the donor area, i have been using it for a week. The graft in the back is very rare, unfortunately my bald spot stays there even after a year

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

They didn’t recommend Fin? How old are you at present? 
I am guessing they concentrated on the grafts up front and used less working back. This is the usual plan.

Not recommended, just minoxidil. I am 28 years old. yes, I reportedly got 3,500 at the front and 1,500 at the back. But now I see the difference. I practically stay bald at the back, so it didn't make much sense to implant the hair, I would be much more confident bald. What do you think, if I cut him bald, the place of the surgery will be very visible?

I would wait and see the result develop. 1500 will make a noticeable difference in the crown area. And 3500 sounds about right for upfront. 
FUE scars are only visible if you shave right down. 
I know it’s difficult not too worry at this stage. The so called ugly duckling period is the worse. Give it a few months and I can assure you that you will change your mind. 

6 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I would wait and see the result develop. 1500 will make a noticeable difference in the crown area. And 3500 sounds about right for upfront. 
FUE scars are only visible if you shave right down. 
I know it’s difficult not too worry at this stage. The so called ugly duckling period is the worse. Give it a few months and I can assure you that you will change your mind. 

And if we suppose a year later I shave my head, will I still see the fue scars? or what will happen in five years, for example? 
And is shock loss always just permanent? Will my donor area be denser again?
Edited by Raymond92

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes FUE scars would be noticeable if you shave right down from now on. Unfortunately this is a trade off we have to get a transplant. 
Better than a FUT scar though. I have both FUT and FUE scars.

but they'll be visible years later, right?

22 minutes ago, Egy said:

@Raymond92 Know that you have chosen a hair mill, among the hundreds that there are in Turkey, so your transplant is a lottery, I don't want to worry you, it will definitely be fine, but be prepared otherwise.

Thanks for the reply. And if the result gets bad I can only accept it and it seems to be my life?

• Valued Contributor

@Raymond92you are only 4 weeks out after your surgery. It's way too soon to make an assessment at all. I understand your anxiety totally but you are panicking and being really hard on yourself. You really need to try and take your focus off this somehow and observe your growth month by month. It's way too early now and for the first three months. You need to give this 12 months before you can assess your final results. At that point 'IF' you're not happy and want to shave you can always have SMP on the FUE scars and no one will be able to tell. But for now try and focus on remaining calm and trust the slow process. I wish you all the best and look forward to your updates in the many months ahead. Take care man!

• Like 1

• Administrators

You are still healing at 1 month, I wouldn’t be too concerned with anything at this point.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Jeez, guy...we all looked like freaks a month out and our brains weren't working properly. 

Stop with the 'what ifs' and such because you have NO IDEA what you will look like in 6-8 months.   

You could end up like me and be extremely handsome and successful.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I thank everyone for the answers and I will try to stay positive and of course I will come up with the results. I didn’t think before the intervention that this period would be so difficult.

The best of all

Edited by Raymond92

• Administrators
1 hour ago, voxman said:

Jeez, guy...we all looked like freaks a month out and our brains weren't working properly. 

Stop with the 'what ifs' and such because you have NO IDEA what you will look like in 6-8 months.   

You could end up like me and be extremely handsome and successful.  

😂😂😂

If you wanna learn how to become a handsome, smart, witty, billionaire, buy my e-book just 4 easy payments of $299.99. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.