I have a fue ht 1 month ago, I really worried. What can I do?

I expected a real horror show from you post.  Hang loose, 1 month is nothing, talk to us in a year.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am now in the sixth week after the hair implant, but the implanted hair has still not fallen out. This is normal? The clinic said they may not fall out. Has anyone experienced this before? This is normal?

121539156_657356471589353_67709530352826457_n.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, JohnAC71 said:

I don’t think you should be worried. 5000 grafts is going to make a big difference. But right now is the waiting game. Keep us updated on here every month. 
Are you on any meds to retain what hair you have already? 

You are a lost cause if you look at OPs photos and believe he genuinely received 5k grafts.

9 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

You are a lost cause if you look at OPs photos and believe he genuinely received 5k grafts.

No need to be rude! If he didn’t get the 5000 grafts he reported to have got that’s a shame.  
3500 upfront and 1500 in the crown isn’t exactly a push. 

Edited by JohnAC71

8 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

My hair after 10 days the hair transplant. I hope i got the amount they said but i don't get it

121594240_1674709442700585_4092997418583458810_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

No need to be rude! If he didn’t get the 5000 grafts he reported to have got that’s a shame.  

I

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

I don't think bullshitting someone who went to a Turkish hairmill when you can see his post-op is incredibly sparse and appears nowhere near as dense as in other cases on the forum at those graft numbers is any better than being rude personally. 

The first rule for yourself and anyone else in regards to transplants is to use your own eyes and mind to process information rather than blindly accepting anything you're told. Even Blind Freddy can see that this is far too sparse for 5k grafts.

If all the grafts grow OP might have something positive to work with but its better to prepare them for what is likely rather than what would be the miracle outcome. And there aren't 5k grafts here.

I did wonder what the donor area looked like as the OP said it was over harvested. And it would have been good to see pics directly after it was done. Rather than day 10. 
Who knows exactly how many grafts were placed. I know from my own experiences not to blatantly trust the numbers. If that was the case I would have approx 13,000 grafts on my own head. 
looking at day 10 it would seem at least 3000 or so. 

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

I did wonder what the donor area looked like as the OP said it was over harvested. And it would have been good to see pics directly after it was done. Rather than day 10. 
Who knows exactly how many grafts were placed. I know from my own experiences not to blatantly trust the numbers. If that was the case I would have approx 13,000 grafts on my own head. 
looking at day 10 it would seem at least 3000 or so. 

I don t know. I hope it will be enough. immediately after the surgery there are unfortunately poor quality images, this was also taken after ten days

121569339_1452362724960885_4298551619852079790_n.jpg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JayLDD said:

@JayLDD I constantly get reports of you being rude, and I've been asked by at least 3 members to ban you. Shape up and learn how to be civil or I will have to ban you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@JayLDD I constantly get reports of you being rude, and I've been asked by at least 3 members to ban you. Shape up and learn how to be civil or I will have to ban you. 

I'm not bathed in the holy waters of forum moderation as you are so maybe I'm missing something, but banning a highly knowledgeable and honest member for the sake of people like the above poster/s who clearly offered nothing but dishonesty, a lack of understanding or delusion which you know full well is the case as someone experienced yourself comes across horribly. Seems like a good way to traffic more bad information to people in an industry that's full enough with disinformation and people being taken advantage of.

If you think the fragile egos of people who whine to mommy that I'm rude are more important than people getting honest and accurate information then maybe you should indeed go ahead and ban me. Better to keep a merry bande of idiots around that are too afraid/stupid to even suggest that someone going to a Turkish hair mill with very suspect post-ops regarding graft numbers is likely going to get a bad result.

I don't expect much more from someone who babysits their own surgeon at the expense of multitudes of posters and locks threads that criticise them however.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JayLDD said:

I'm not bathed in the holy waters of forum moderation as you are so maybe I'm missing something, but banning a highly knowledgeable and honest member for the sake of people like the above poster/s who clearly offered nothing but dishonesty, a lack of understanding or delusion which you know full well is the case as someone experienced yourself comes across horribly. Seems like a good way to traffic more bad information to people in an industry that's full enough with disinformation and people being taken advantage of.

If you think the fragile egos of people who whine to mommy that I'm rude are more important than people getting honest and accurate information then maybe you should indeed go ahead and ban me. Better to keep a merry bande of idiots around that are too afraid/stupid to even suggest that someone going to a Turkish hair mill with very suspect post-ops regarding graft numbers is likely going to get a bad result.

I don't expect much more from someone who babysits their own surgeon at the expense of multitudes of posters and locks threads that criticise them however.

Jean,

I understood when you first started posting why you were so abrasive, angry, and overall toxic. You were young and balding with a chip on your shoulder. I get it, I let it slide for a LONG time, even after multiple users asking me to ban you. You are now almost 27, so there really isn't any excuse for your behavior. Time to grow up, leave the childish insults behind you. Insulting someone or throwing in jibes doesn't make your message anymore articulate, in fact, it weakens the message. There is a way to behave and be civil, whether you agree or disagree with someone else's point of view. If you want to continue to participate in the forum, you have to behave civil. I expect this out of every user. Now, you don't have to censor what you want to say, if you think something is bad, call it out. 

But there is a difference between saying "OP did not receive 5,000 grafts" to "you're a moron if you think he got 5,000 grafts." The ladder is disrespectful, and will not be tolerated. Perhaps I've been too lenient because I truly do value healthy debates and discussions, there is a danger to having echo-chambers. But disagreeing with someone doesn't have to include insults. Shape up. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I can't tell if @Raymond92 received 5,000 grafts or not.... it's difficult to tell from the pictures.  But don't lose hope!  Let your hair grow longer as the grafts sprout to see the full impact of the HT.  Shaved heads don't always do HT's justice.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Jean,

I understood when you first started posting why you were so abrasive, angry, and overall toxic. You were young and balding with a chip on your shoulder. I get it, I let it slide for a LONG time, even after multiple users asking me to ban you. You are now almost 27, so there really isn't any excuse for your behavior. Time to grow up, leave the childish insults behind you. Insulting someone or throwing in jibes doesn't make your message anymore articulate, in fact, it weakens the message. There is a way to behave and be civil, whether you agree or disagree with someone else's point of view. If you want to continue to participate in the forum, you have to behave civil. I expect this out of every user. Now, you don't have to censor what you want to say, if you think something is bad, call it out. 

But there is a difference between saying "OP did not receive 5,000 grafts" to "you're a moron if you think he got 5,000 grafts." The ladder is disrespectful, and will not be tolerated. Perhaps I've been too lenient because I truly do value healthy debates and discussions, there is a danger to having echo-chambers. But disagreeing with someone doesn't have to include insults. Shape up. 

When I first got online in the mid 1990's I saw how online discourse could veer off in bad directions pretty easily.  I assumed that as we saw ourselves do this that over time people would learn what was happening and self correct.  It's only gotten worse at the years went by.

I'm in the camp of how you are conducting moderation.  If after giving people a chance to see the harm they are doing to the tone of conversation and they don't change, they need to go, regardless of their knowledge.  Some people are simply immutable and can't help themselves.  They will hijack your forum if you let them.

• Like 1

Was there a problem with the site yesterday.  I wouldn't load.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• 1 month later...

Hello guys. Three months and a week have passed since the hair transplant. The process is progressing, but what worries me is that one side of my head is still very rare. Now I had my first haircut after surgery. and the Other side is perfectly fine. Do you think this is still a shock loss category or could it improve over time? Or is this already the overharvested category?

129326908_704660836849828_8421876259039172731_n.jpg

129502356_808179286575679_1083844142798269505_n.jpg

129718508_660068717995889_6185107865342485933_n.jpg

129777597_206229071070906_9116441133347667040_n.jpg

130160209_292166118881541_3409859873590880038_n.jpg

Edited by Raymond92

• Moderators

It doesn't look too bad for 3 months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:27 AM, Raymond92 said:

well it's very sad. I wish I had thought of this better :(

Grade 0/1 is really short. With a 3/4 you'll be ok, right? 

Also, people tend not to look at the back of your head too much :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Your hair is looking good to me, at 3 months you’re still healing. It will continue to improve over the next year.

• Like 1

View my thread

There was so much doomsday talk and negative prognostication earlier in this thread. I am glad to see the progress is picking up steam. I think it looks great considering you haven't even hit the 5 month mark where I imagine growth will impress you

• Like 2