My Topical Dutasteride Results

mustang

Baseline, 3 months and 6 months

IMG-1264-1.jpg
IMG-1871-3.jpg
IMG-1810.jpg

I get it prescribed by my surgeon and compounded locally. I am currently using 0.1% just once a week.

No side effects. Unlike Topical Finasteride that as even worse than orally.

Edited by mustang

Thanks for sharing. The hair styling in your baseline pic conceals it a bit, but that's some good improvement. Did you try or get any results from finasteride first, or just start with dutasteride? And a few more questions here if you don't mind

-How old are you and when did your loss start? -has it been more aggressive lately?

-Since you are taking it weekly do you purchase 3/6/12 month supplies, and how much?

Hello,

My hair loss has completely stopped and even reversed on my crown. I lose maybe one or two hairs in the shower from 50 for the last 9 months.

I tried finasteride orally. Bad sides.

I tried finasteride topically, even worse sides. The worse I ever had.

I purchase 3 month supply. Apply once a week

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

How does this play into the traditional line of thinking that if fin stops working you can always fall back on dut? 

I would still rather have that fall back option but if topical dut is really this good then maybe it's time to rethink things?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I did once every 2 weeks in the beginning (scared of sides), then once a week, then every other day at 0.1% (no sides) and now once a week 0.1% again (I don't need more)

I might change to every other day at 0.05% when I wash my hair. You have to play around

I will never go higher than 0.25% again. I had massive sides at 0.5% twice with Liposomes so I switched to Trichosol 

Just now, mustang said:

I did once every 2 weeks in the beginning (scared of sides), then once a week, then every other day at 0.1% (no sides) and now once a week 0.1% again (I don't need more)

I might change to every other day at 0.05% when I wash my hair. You have to play around

I will never go higher than 0.25% again. I had massive sides at 0.5% twice with Liposomes so I switched to Trichosol 

At once a week about how long would an order last? I’m looking at an order for fueclinic but I have no idea if it’s going to last a week or 6 months. 

2ml per week will last you 9 months

However, change the bottle every 3 months max from manufacturing date. I find it loses potency after 90 days on Trichosol and after 60 days on Liposomes

I start shedding again so it's subjective. I can't confirm this 100% other than from anecdotal experience

Just now, mustang said:

2ml per week will last you 9 months

However, change the bottle every 3 months max from manufacturing date. I find it loses potency after 90 days on Trichosol and after 60 days on Liposomes

I start shedding again so it's subjective. I can't confirm this 100% other than from anecdotal experience

Oh wow that’s way longer than I expected it to last. The cost is almost $100 a bottle, so I was worried that would only last a month or less. For 9 months (or even 3 based on what you said), the cost is a no brainer. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, mustang said:

I think the bottle is 55 euros and shipping is around 15

That's about 90 USD, so 30 USD a month. I would pay 5 times that to keep my hair with no sides

I definitely agree. $30 a month is nothing, that’s what I pay for fin now, on top of the $10 a month for rogaine. Plus of course the $12,500 I paid for my hair transplant. I will be ordering the DUT now. Thanks again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, @mustang. I tried oral Fin, even at low doses, experienced sides, then did like you, tried topical liposomal Fin at a low dose, and experienced even worse sides. I'll give this a try. If I experience sides, I'll just have to wait for the next miracle cure! Do you leave on overnight? Did you experience an initial shed?

Edited by caricatura