My Topical Dutasteride Results

mustang

I leave it overnight, once a week, 0.1% (don't go higher)

No initial shed, it actually stopped shedding immediately 

I had horrible sides with topical fin both liposomal and PG. None with this so I hope it does the trick for you!

Yes, sometimes even 10 days

Since I don't see any shedding sometimes I even forget. It's a long lasting med but you can apply it 3 times a week as well without issues if you don't exceed the concentration and amount

Edited by mustang

11 hours ago, mustang said:

Since I don't see any shedding sometimes I even forget. It's a long lasting med but you can apply it 3 times a week as well without issues if you don't exceed the concentration and amount

Hello Mustang,

I've just orderer topical duta from Dr Mwamba's website. It's said to be used once/Twice a week.  The bottle is 60 ml, if used twice a week with 2ml each times, it would last 15 weeks. However, it is specified that the product expires in 90 days . Does it mean you have to throw the rest away each time? 

Thanks in advance

On 2/10/2021 at 9:05 PM, TommyLucchese said:

How does this play into the traditional line of thinking that if fin stops working you can always fall back on dut? 

I would still rather have that fall back option but if topical dut is really this good then maybe it's time to rethink things?

Fantastic results OP. Really heartening to see.

A question, how can it be that someone has bad sides on fin but not on dut? Isn't dut simply just a more powerful version of fin?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:35 AM, mustang said:

Wow, that's impressive. As someone who is scared to start Finasteride, this could be a very viable option. So say you do this once a week, do you feel any side effect at all when you do it? Also, do you know if they ship to the UK? 

Same here, i have finasteride side effects, so i am looking to see if topical Dutasteride does the trick

My finasteride side effects occur after 4-6 moths ie the period when i start to see results (i tried the medication twice), so i simply guess that if someone sees results at the same period with topical Dutasteride it kind of works in the same way.

I would be very glad if people with finasteride side effects to give me their opinion if they have tried topical Dutasteride at least for 6 months

Thanks in advance       

On 3/11/2021 at 7:30 PM, mustang said:

18 months so far

I got sides when I used 0.5%

Results were noticeable at 4 months

Why would you even go up to 0.5%? If as you say 0.1% works for you with no side! 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Does Dr. Mwamba have any studies from Topical Dutasteride.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 2:41 AM, mustang said:

Baseline, 3 months and 6 months

IMG-1264-1.jpg
IMG-1871-3.jpg
IMG-1810.jpg

I get it prescribed by my surgeon and compounded locally. I am currently using 0.1% just once a week.

No side effects. Unlike Topical Finasteride that as even worse than orally.

Edited by Smacias15

On 2/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, mustang said:

I did once every 2 weeks in the beginning (scared of sides), then once a week, then every other day at 0.1% (no sides) and now once a week 0.1% again (I don't need more)

I might change to every other day at 0.05% when I wash my hair. You have to play around

I will never go higher than 0.25% again. I had massive sides at 0.5% twice with Liposomes so I switched to Trichosol 

What were the side effects you had with topical finasteride? 

And you said you take other growth factors with topical  (0.1%, Trichosol) so what are they? 

Edited by Smacias15

• 3 months later...

Exposure time is also a factor. The active component of Nizoral shampoo has a similar molecular weight as DUT and is able to exert its therapeutic activity on the follicle when applied for 3-5 minutes befor rinsing. I do not understand why we would want to keep Topical Dut on the scalp skin to absorb over extended periods of time given the entire point of apllying topically is to avoid systematic absorption.

The Double A method put forward in 2005 which is topical Aloe and Dutasteride 0.5mg applied for 10 minutes. The author noted that he was able to rid himself of systemic effects by reducing exposure time to 3 minutes.

I believe that taking breaks from this powerful drug, even topically is needed as well as limited exposure time, with application beyond once a week being unnecessary.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:50 AM, palcom said:

Exposure time is also a factor. The active component of Nizoral shampoo has a similar molecular weight as DUT and is able to exert its therapeutic activity on the follicle when applied for 3-5 minutes befor rinsing. I do not understand why we would want to keep Topical Dut on the scalp skin to absorb over extended periods of time given the entire point of apllying topically is to avoid systematic absorption.

The Double A method put forward in 2005 which is topical Aloe and Dutasteride 0.5mg applied for 10 minutes. The author noted that he was able to rid himself of systemic effects by reducing exposure time to 3 minutes.

I believe that taking breaks from this powerful drug, even topically is needed as well as limited exposure time, with application beyond once a week being unnecessary.

You are comparing a drug with a half-life of 2 hours vs a drug with a half life of 4 weeks.

Most importantly Dutasteride needs to reach sebaceous glands in the dermis which are extremely rich in 5AR enzymes as well as the hair bulb and hair follicle. 

The entire idea or theory behind it is that a miniscule part becomes vascularized beyond the hypodermis, subcutaneous layer and the deep vascular plexus below them. Personally I can confirm this is not a theory but a reality. I have done a lot of bloodwork to confirm this.

I also believe taking breaks is a good idea. I think hair loss could be potentially looked upon as a cycle. It all depends how prone you are to inflammation by DHT and other circulating androgens. Some people need daily routines while others can get away with applying it every 15 days.

52 minutes ago, mustang said:

You are comparing a drug with a half-life of 2 hours vs a drug with a half life of 4 weeks.

Most importantly Dutasteride needs to reach sebaceous glands in the dermis which are extremely rich in 5AR enzymes as well as the hair bulb and hair follicle. 

The entire idea or theory behind it is that a miniscule part becomes vascularized beyond the hypodermis, subcutaneous layer and the deep vascular plexus below them. Personally I can confirm this is not a theory but a reality. I have done a lot of bloodwork to confirm this.

I also believe taking breaks is a good idea. I think hair loss could be potentially looked upon as a cycle. It all depends how prone you are to inflammation by DHT and other circulating androgens. Some people need daily routines while others can get away with applying it every 15 days.

Is Mwamba planning to publish any studies from lots of patients (like how you did bloodwork on yourself)?