~3k Grafts FUT Frontal Restoration

Awesome close up shots.  This is filling in nicely for 5 months and the scar looks impeccable.  Are you thinking about letting your hair grow longer?  This length doesn't really give you the boost from the layering effect.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hey @aaron1234 @deitel130, thanks for dropping in. Yes, I plan to grow it out at least a couple more inches. I did always buzz it very close for years and years, but I only keep it short these days to keep a close eye on the progress. That bare spot in the front was hard to isolate before my last cut. I was relieved to see those sprouts, finally. I wonder what set them back.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

By the way, I made little effort to embellish the pictures before. To more fairly represent the value I’m getting already, here it is with a moderate dose of Toppik (used to use a lot more) in that harsh light:

7F403018-249B-4C58-B5FD-83DBC457BDAB.jpeg

My biggest cosmetic concern these days is not hair. It’s the dang blemishes around my hair line. They’ve been out of control since shortly after the surgery. I assume it has to do with the healing tissue in the recipient, or maybe oil from the new follicles.

Edited by Taken4Granted
  • Like 1

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, Taken4Granted said:

By the way, I made little effort to embellish the pictures before. To more fairly represent the value I’m getting already, here it is with a moderate dose of Toppik (used to use a lot more) in that harsh light:

My biggest cosmetic concern these days is not hair. It’s the dang blemishes around my hair line. They’ve been out of control since shortly after the surgery. I assume it has to do with the healing tissue in the recipient, or maybe oil from the new follicles.

Incredible progress. Please do keep updating! I am also have a 3,000 FUT procedure with Dr. Konior in March so looking forward to following your post.

2 hours ago, Egott92 said:

Incredible progress. Please do keep updating! I am also have a 3,000 FUT procedure with Dr. Konior in March so looking forward to following your post.

Saw your previous post said you'd do 2000 FUE then another 2000 FUE. What made you decide to switch to FUT?

1 hour ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Saw your previous post said you'd do 2000 FUE then another 2000 FUE. What made you decide to switch to FUT?

Several reasons, all very similar to @Taken4Granted.

1) Ability to do 3,000 grafts (max per session) versus 2,000 if it was FUE. Dr. Konior didn't have any consecutive 2 day openings, so I settled on 1 procedure for frontal restoration in March 2021, followed by another procedure (max FUE for crown) in Jan 2022. I'd miss out on ~1,000 grafts if I chose FUE for both procedures. There's also evidence to suggest that graft transection is higher in FUE versus FUT. Obviously with a world leader like Dr. Konior there's very little, but from what I've read FUE is never 0% transection. 

2) Needing to potentially maximize donor region. Starting with FUT followed by FUE increases total grafts that can be extracted over time.

3) Price of 2,000 FUE is similar/identical for ~3,000 FUT (but this depends on case complexities and can range).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

Several reasons, all very similar to @Taken4Granted.

1) Ability to do 3,000 grafts (max per session) versus 2,000 if it was FUE. Dr. Konior didn't have any consecutive 2 day openings, so I settled on 1 procedure for frontal restoration in March 2021, followed by another procedure (max FUE for crown) in Jan 2022. I'd miss out on ~1,000 grafts if I chose FUE for both procedures. There's also evidence to suggest that graft transection is higher in FUE versus FUT. Obviously with a world leader like Dr. Konior there's very little, but from what I've read FUE is never 0% transection. 

2) Needing to potentially maximize donor region. Starting with FUT followed by FUE increases total grafts that can be extracted over time.

3) Price of 2,000 FUE is similar/identical for ~3,000 FUT (but this depends on case complexities and can range).

Did your first procedure get moved from March 2021 to August 2020 due to cancellations?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

1 minute ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Did your first procedure get moved from March 2021 to August 2020 due to cancellations?

He initially offered Jan 2022 for a 2 day procedure. Then there was a 1 day opening for March 2021 which I snagged, followed by the original Jan 2022 for another 1 day procedure.

4 minutes ago, Egott92 said:

He initially offered Jan 2022 for a 2 day procedure. Then there was a 1 day opening for March 2021 which I snagged, followed by the original Jan 2022 for another 1 day procedure.

Urgh I confused you with the OP my bad! You’re in good hands though it’ll be awesome!

• Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 10:01 PM, Taken4Granted said:

Would love an update!

• 4 months later...