~3k Grafts FUT Frontal Restoration

@giegnosiganoe

Heard back from the good doctor:

[1s, 2s, 3s] = [470, 1815, 967]

It totaled 7k hairs, which sounds pretty normal based on other posts I’ve seen. The caliber was not measured, but I’d guess it’s also middle of the road. 

• Like 1

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

Oh, I know who did this, 100%.... but out of respect I'll keep my trap shut. 😝  @Taken4Granted All the best, the work looks stellar!  The hairline shape definitely helped out with the density of graft placement in your frontal third.  You did this the right way.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks, @aaron1234. Looks like you’ve done your time in ugly duckling prison, and chose your surgeon very well. It’s comforting to get that feedback from you. You got any work left to do? I see it has been a while. 

edit - Just checked out your background, looking pretty good. I don’t blame you for getting it done. MPB with that hair/skin color combo is a hard sell. 😉

Edited by Taken4Granted

- John Lennon

• Administrators

Who was your surgeon? Work looks great, happy growing 😎

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey @Melvin-Moderator, I’ll tell you in PM. I’m waiting til later to name the surgeon on a more concise thread.

By the way, it’ll be 1 month on Monday, and the shed is finally hitting pretty hard. I’ll be full ugly duckling in a few more days. Fingers crossed for a swift rebound.

Edited by Taken4Granted

- John Lennon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

Forgive me for the delay. Just dropping in to update anyone watching this. It’s about 3.5 months. It’s too bad i didn’t document at about 1.5-2 months bc I was looking rough.

To summarize, I appear to be turning the corner, but there’s def a really thin spot I’m watching (red circle), and I’ve still got visible shock loss around the donor. Overall, feeling good. I’m confident the thin spot(s) will fill in and the cut will be less visible with time.

9ABB80EB-EB3A-4A8D-887B-98357347468B.jpeg

08080F51-A14B-413C-8EA2-A9C7B2B97215.jpeg

AD10DABF-E381-4289-B9BC-3F4A59D6E840.jpeg

23ECF80B-6E28-40FC-89A0-42A40BC65CAB.jpeg

3BD6AA5E-08E3-4CD2-B6D5-98D88847CBDA.jpeg

8B580E6F-D024-474E-815E-BF64F8D795FF.jpeg

Edited by Taken4Granted
  • Like 2

- John Lennon

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing man, 

You’re definitely turning the corner, lwt the good times roll brotha 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@JohnAC71 The doc was Konior. I feel better saying it a page or two into the thread now, just didn’t want to call it out right away without knowing how the initial content would look. I’ll do a more concise thread later when the case is closed. I’m planning an open letter thanking Dr. K himself, so I might do it then.

But yeah, should be a fair number of grafts in the weak spots, so I’m expecting lots of improvement. Such a slow process! You don’t wake up and go “wow, look at the hair”. On the other hand, it’s only 3.5 months and I could already work with what I got if the cut were less noticeable. My advice to other guys would be to ignore it for like 4 months and don’t torture yourself waiting for those early sprouts.

- John Lennon

11 minutes ago, Taken4Granted said:

@JohnAC71 The doc was Konior. I feel better saying it a page or two into the thread now, just didn’t want to call it out right away without knowing how the initial content would look. I’ll do a more concise thread later when the case is closed. I’m planning an open letter thanking Dr. K himself, so I might do it then.

But yeah, should be a fair number of grafts in the weak spots, so I’m expecting lots of improvement. Such a slow process! You don’t wake up and go “wow, look at the hair”. On the other hand, it’s only 3.5 months and I could already work with what I got if the cut were less noticeable. My advice to other guys would be to ignore it for like 4 months and don’t torture yourself waiting for those early sprouts.

Seems like Dr. Konior is the forum darling, he definitely has a lot of happy patients. I was literally about to ask you the name of your surgeon haha😅

• Like 1

@Hairgain22

People were debating his talent last I checked, so I’m relieved if there’s finally a consensus on the forum. He doesn’t promote himself like most of his peers, so I usually come out of the woodwork in his defense.

You in the market for a procedure yourself? There isn’t one perfect doctor for everyone, but there are very few docs I would consider after Dr. K.

- John Lennon

Looks like you got some early growth going on.  Don't sweat the thin spots at 3.5 months, they'll fill in eventually.  The next 6 weeks will be exciting for you.

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

A little over 5 months:

front in harsh light, combed:

07B22615-584A-4018-B555-70A5DFC46F4D.jpeg

uncombed:

D2775431-9E8F-4C2F-ACC5-908D84B93A8A.jpeg

You can see a pretty rough patch there, but it’s filling in (see below).

Sides in harsh light, combed:

C5BF66E1-A7AF-40BC-9A4E-5D32AC612B54.jpeg

21268251-0E39-46F1-8C20-95937869178E.jpeg

The right is still behind the left, but it’s also looking much better than before.

cut in normal light:

756F1BFC-66A8-48FF-A4A6-AC82265CDA85.jpeg

72A21050-C486-4E10-A3FC-6B08D69558B8.jpeg

Still some shock loss, but it’s getting hard to detect even in buzzed hair.

front in normal light, combed:

19D01183-1E1B-44EB-8601-9B768D6BA482.jpeg

with Toppik:

6B9797D3-B07A-42F1-A41D-59C89E713621.jpeg

Here are close-ups of that bad spot in the front:

80AB09A2-E68C-480C-8D1A-F36378C3EB3D.jpeg

CEE95843-84BE-4E8D-8E04-B7F2B3B5D847.jpeg

There are plenty of sprouts in there, so it looks like that spot is just on a different schedule for some reason.

A075325A-6D6C-47AF-8D63-3C04DC343473.jpeg

Edited by Taken4Granted
  • Like 3

- John Lennon

@hairlossPA

Yes, I’ve been in public without a hat for 3-4 weeks now. It’s slightly visible on a buzz, but the bigger giveaway is really the contour on the back where there’s still swelling above the incision. Do you have that? Not a big deal, but I’m hoping that clears up too.

- John Lennon

• Administrators

This is looking insane for 5 months 👏🏼 

• Thanks 1

View my thread