Advice on graft placement

Hi, I have my second fut procedure booked in September. I had my fist transplant 2 years ago and had 2200 graft at the front of my head. For the second operation I would like to concentrate on my crown area but I am aware that the crown is a difficult area to work on and I don’t want to waste a lot of my donar area just on my crown . So my question is how many grafts would be safe to place in my crown area? Many thanks F500C6FF-3B82-4CE5-B01D-2146E3AF1E27.thumb.jpeg.c4fcd4071ba09ab04ffeae9300c09507.jpeg

533D5951-13A8-41B9-9BAD-05442FA948D8.jpeg

• Administrators

The pictures are pretty poor, it’s hard to say if you should put any grafts in the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

The area is small, it looks like it can be revived with minoxidil, finasteride, microneedling combo. If you’ve already tried that and it doesn’t work, I would say no more than a 1,000 grafts. Take a look at @1978matt thread, he had a similar size crown, and he got 700 grafts.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cheers lads appreciate all the replys

I was thinking 800-1000 but it’s nice to get some advice from guys who know what they are talking about. I don’t use rogaine as it use to make my head itch like crazy for I had to stop using it but I have been on  tablets for a few years and they have definitely helped. Just hope the operation goes ahead as I’m not too sure on travelling situation yet. Fingers crossed 

I would evaluate what norwood number you would most likely end up with. Then you can Forcast how many grafts you have potentially left in the bank for the coverage you require.  

Why would you waste 1000 grafts now into a small part of the crown ?   Then you lose more and before you know it you need another 1000 grafts.

@Melvin-Moderator and @Zoomster plan would be the way to go imo also. You don't have a large area to cover for the moment anyway.  If you have tried that already or you don't want to go down the meds and microneedling road you have another option.

If you are intent on having a HT I would recommend using 500 scalp grafts along with 500 beard grafts . These would blend in really well together . While at the same time preserving precious scalp donor grafts. I had beard grafts myself and no scarring to be seen by the naked eye . It's a great  compromise and would be the way to go imo if you are really intent on a HT.

Best of luck.

Paddy.

As others mentioned give meds a go if you haven't been on them yet! Sometime they can definitely be a miracle you won't believe exist!

If meds doesn't work for you, my suggestion - contact 20-30 top doctors in the world with high-quality pictures and see what they say. After having such amount of opinions you will see a good average that you need.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.