Advice required - 2nd HT?

Hi all,

I had my first transplant 4 years ago which was successful but in the last few months noticed thinning again. I am looking for a 2nd HT with the same doctor - DR GOKAN. But I feel my donor area is sparse, how many beard hairs can I use? I was NW6 before first transplant. Dr Gokan has suggested he can do 3000 head hairs and 500 beard. What do you think? Any advice will be appreciated 

52A02DE8-9734-48E8-BDEC-F25DDDE4FD05.jpeg

05CF2E53-76C8-4AAB-9E2B-765CF2A6916A.jpeg

I agree you should not have anymore grafts taken from the area already possibly overharvested. Certainly they could maybe use the sides, but you don’t want all of your donor area look overharvested either.

Look to your Beard if you want to add density.  Maybe even some nape and chest hair if your struggling to get the grafts you need.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think your donor can’t take anymore, 5,000 grafts in one shot is huge. Perhaps contact Eugenix, they may be able to do some BHT.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Definitely send you pics to Eugenix and see what they can do for you. Beard is always preferable. Yes chest is only used as a last resort.

Maybe yes they could squeeze 500 per side if they have not been used. From your pic it looks like a massive amount was taken over the area we can see.

6 hours ago, ahmed9500 said:

Hi all,

I had my first transplant 4 years ago which was successful but in the last few months noticed thinning again. I am looking for a 2nd HT with the same doctor - DR GOKAN. But I feel my donor area is sparse, how many beard hairs can I use? I was NW6 before first transplant. Dr Gokan has suggested he can do 3000 head hairs and 500 beard. What do you think? Any advice will be appreciated 

52A02DE8-9734-48E8-BDEC-F25DDDE4FD05.jpeg

05CF2E53-76C8-4AAB-9E2B-765CF2A6916A.jpeg

Please can you share some pictures of your beard? 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

@ahmed9500

Without knowing any specifics of your case, I am glad that you personally have seen your previous surgery as a success.

Unfortunately as mentioned by other members, the area of extraction can clearly be seen with a general decline in density.  
If your suggested previous graft count of 5000 grafts is accurate, my question would be why was such an approached used? 
If grafts were not extracted from your parietal/temporal areas (the sides of the head) then no patient would have the required density to be able to safely provide 5000 grafts from this small area without signs of depletion. Beneath your scalp are tiny blood vessels that supply blood to your donor area which is essential for healing. To extract such a large graft count not only means that this area has been mismanaged and will undoubtedly show signs of over-harvesting, but also the limited amount of blood vessels can not meet the demands of this area for optimal healing. 

If your sides were untouched, then you should be able to harvest grafts from these areas, the amount of grafts that can be safely extracted will depend on your density in these areas.

Considering such a poor donor management approach from your previous surgery, I would certainly be very mindful of who is the right doctor for you moving forward.

I wish you the best.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr Gokan fcuked up.  Go to a better doctor next time.

As JohnAC suggests you might have a couple of 1000 grafts left from the sides, but that's about it.  At least you have something of a result on top.

Dr Bisanga a great choice, or Maras in Cyprus.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 weeks later...

Be very careful. Your donor is depleted and looks overharvested. If I were you I would not take any more from the back. Your top does not look too bad if you were NW6 beforehand. Maybe stop with the surgeries. 

I had 2 HTs, the first one was a big failure at Arenamed in Turkey, they depleted my head brutally, after a year I had a repair HT at HDC clinic by Dr. Maras, this is one of the reasons I work with them today, take a look at my donor area today.

Punch should be manual or micro mechanical by USA protocol, beware of generic local micro mechanical punch like Arenamed did to me!

20200113_172225.jpg

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.