Advice Needed - Who to Choose in Turkey?

Hello chaps, 

First time poster here. Looking to go to Turkey ASAP for a hair transplant and have been doing a lot of reading, researching, getting recommendations etc.

There are 3 that I’ve narrowed it down to:

* Dr Ziya Yavuz

* Dr Cinik

* Natural Hair Turkey - Reslan. Way cheaper than other two which worries me, but this is on the back of a friends recommendation as he went there and was over the moon with his results. At almost half the price, for no obvious though, something is troubling me (no idea what).

Any thoughts on those 3 at all, or if you have any other better recommendations!

Thanks a lot!

Dr. Cinik in my opinion based on the results I have seen. 

• Thanks 1

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

3 hours ago, LosingMyBarnet1983 said:

Hello chaps, 

First time poster here. Looking to go to Turkey ASAP for a hair transplant and have been doing a lot of reading, researching, getting recommendations etc.

There are 3 that I’ve narrowed it down to:

* Dr Ziya Yavuz

* Dr Cinik

* Natural Hair Turkey - Reslan. Way cheaper than other two which worries me, but this is on the back of a friends recommendation as he went there and was over the moon with his results. At almost half the price, for no obvious though, something is troubling me (no idea what).

Any thoughts on those 3 at all, or if you have any other better recommendations!

Thanks a lot!

Please, run away from Ziya Yavuz, I had the misfortune of meeting him 4 years ago, when he was a business partner with Hamid Aydin at Estetistanbul, ruined my life.

Edited by Egy

It has devastated my donor area, don't trust the reviews you find on their sites, many of these pseudo doctors take photos of other surgeons and pass them off as their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, razzy said:

Dr. Cinik in my opinion based on the results I have seen. 

Thanks for this. Since finding this forum (yesterday) have now seen a few negative reviews on him, but have seen plenty positive.

Its probably going to be very unlikely to see nothing but exemplary reviews for each!

2 minutes ago, Egy said:

It has devastated my donor area, don't trust the reviews you find on their sites, many of these pseudo doctors take photos of other surgeons and pass them off as their own.

Sorry to hear that. I clearly have to do a lot more research maybe. Was it specifically Yavuz who treated you or his technicians?

I didn't know anything about transplants at the time (I trusted another impostor who did nothing but look for clients and non-patients to send to Turkey at pseudo clinics, there is no control from the authorities there and anyone can open clinics),  I thought I was operated on by him or Hamid Aydin, but I only met Ziya Yavuz at the beginning of my procedure, after which I never saw him again until the end of the surgery to take some photos.

@LosingMyBarnet1983 you have to understand that Turkey if the world capital for botched hair transplants! 
It’s full of Turskish Hairmills where technicians (that could have been washing dishes a few months ago) do your surgery so your results depend on the tech team you get at these turkish Hairmills from low price Cinik to high price Asmed.

In the whole of Turkey there’s only 1 safe bet which is HLC Ankara (2.5€/graft). Here the doctor will be doing your whole surgery with manual FUE using a highly skilled implantation technique called stick&place which means they open 1 hole at a time and immediately implant tha graft after opening the hole (allows for the hole to be smaller hence a quicker recovery). 

If you can travel to Europe then go to @Dr. Bruno Ferreira he works in Madrid with one of the best FUE Doctors in the world Dr. Jose Lorenzo but also has his own clinic in Porto where he charges 2.5€/graft instead of 5€/graft (in Madrid).

Dr. BF does DHI which means he implants using a implantor pens that are charged with each graft and these pens will open the hole/slit and implant the graft at the same time (even smaller slits than stick&place). 

Cinik is like playing Russian roulette because they have good tech teams (bad ones too because techs come and go) but do you really want to risk a permanent surgery on your luck to get a good tech team?????

I highly advise you against having a HT at the two Turskish Hairmills you are considering and go to Dr. BF but if you are dead set on Turkey then go to HLC (same price). 

I also had my HT in Turkey and I chose Dr. Pekiner (that worked at HLC for many years and then left to open his own clinic). Pekiner gets amazing results but he aborts surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs and is too conservative so I can only recommend HLC in Turkey. 

Best of luck to you my friend!

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@LosingMyBarnet1983 you have to understand that Turkey if the world capital for botched hair transplants! 
It’s full of Turskish Hairmills where technicians (that could have been washing dishes a few months ago) do your surgery so your results depend on the tech team you get at these turkish Hairmills from low price Cinik to high price Asmed.

In the whole of Turkey there’s only 1 safe bet which is HLC Ankara (2.5€/graft). Here the doctor will be doing your whole surgery with manual FUE using a highly skilled implantation technique called stick&place which means they open 1 hole at a time and immediately implant tha graft after opening the hole (allows for the hole to be smaller hence a quicker recovery). 

If you can travel to Europe then go to @Dr. Bruno Ferreira he works in Madrid with one of the best FUE Doctors in the world Dr. Jose Lorenzo but also has his own clinic in Porto where he charges 2.5€/graft instead of 5€/graft (in Madrid).

Dr. BF does DHI which means he implants using a implantor pens that are charged with each graft and these pens will open the hole/slit and implant the graft at the same time (even smaller slits than stick&place). 

I highly advise you against the options you currently have for Turkey and go to Dr. BF but if you are dead set on Turkey then go to HLC (same price). 

I also had my HT in Turkey and I chose Dr. Pekiner that came from HLC but Pekiner even though he gets amazing results he does aborts surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs and is too conservative so I only recommend HLC in Turkey. 

Best of luck to you my friend!

Thanks mate this is really helpful. Very much appreciated 

45 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

I also had my HT in Turkey and I chose Dr. Pekiner (that worked at HLC for many years and then left to open his own clinic). Pekiner gets amazing results but he aborts surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs and is too conservative so I can only recommend HLC in Turkey. 

@Portugal25 Are you really sure that Pekiner stops the interventions if you notice the presence of miniaturized hair in the donor area?  How come the member @duchaine after stopping his intervention, he showed up at HLC and was told there that he had absolutely no miniaturization of his hair and the following day the procedure was performed?

44 minutes ago, Egy said:
@Portugal25 Are you really sure that Pekiner stops the interventions if you notice the presence of miniaturized hair in the donor area?  How come the member @duchaine after stopping his intervention, he showed up at HLC and was told there that he had absolutely no miniaturization of his hair and the following day the procedure was performed?

@Egy what happened to Duchaine also happened to my friend Gonçalo.

Goncalo had some miniaturized  hairs but had his HT two weeks ago by @Dr. Bruno Ferreira and Dr. BF didn’t understand why Pekiner aborted the surgery because yes there are some miniaturized hairs but for him it’s not a reason to abort.

Duchaine had his surgery at HLC in January after being aborted by Pekiner and he is now happy.

Pekiner get’s great results but I don’t recommend him because of he is too conservative and takes zero risks!

I only recommend HLC in Turkey.

Edited by Portugal25

12 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Duchaine had his surgery at HLC in January after being aborted by Pekiner in December and he is happy.

Anyway no, @duchaine left the Pekiner clinic one day in January (if I remember correctly on the 6th, not in December) and the next day he went to the HLC, where he was visited the next day or at the  two days later he was operated on.

@Egy basically HLC and Dr.BF are not afraid of challenges and that is why I recommend them both.

• Like 1

@Coady Dr. Cinik doesn’t do surgeries! Cinik is a low cost Turskish Hairmill with all inclusive prices were techs do the surgeries.

The techs at Cinik Clinic can achieve decent results but I would never have a HT surgery knowing the doctor involvement is zero to none and my results rely on my luck to get a good tech team doing my surgery (and not the tech team that just joined Cinik’s hairmill and were washing dishes at a restaurant a few months ago).

Edited by Portugal25

Cinik makes the engravings if you choose the option in which you want me to do it, as far as I'm concerned I am 80% satisfied with the result obtained at 8 months, I already wrote it in my thread, I knew what he was doing when I decided to  perform a transplant in Dr. Cinik's clinic and the risks I was running, but I had enough testimonies, seen live and not in photos, of boys operated in the clinic of Cinik, the only thing I can complain about Doctor Cinik for now is  who did not remove those double follicular units present in the hairline because of Ziya Yavuz, but I can't complain too much because I didn't even ask him, but I thought (wrongly) that the eye surgeon noticed him and  He did.

@Egy you had a bad HT and went to Cinik for a repair job.

We, the patients don’t have the knowledge to know what to ask the doctor to do in a repair surgery we just know our hairline doesn’t look good.

Any Doctor doing a repair HT knows they have to remove the doubles, triples or quads from the hairline because that’s basic HT 101 and the mere fact that Cinik Hairmill Clinic failed to do so just proves they are not concerned with the patients but rather with giving barely decent results and making sure the operating rooms are full so they can charge low prices to 8-10 patients per day that are operated on by technicians. 

I would never advise Cinik or any other hairmill to anyone.

14 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

you had a bad HT and went to Cinik for a repair job.

We, the patients don’t have the knowledge to know what to ask the doctor to do in a repair surgery we just know our hairline doesn’t look good.

Any Doctor doing a repair HT knows they have to remove the doubles, triples or quads from the hairline because that’s basic HT 101 and the mere fact that Cinik Hairmill Clinic failed to do so just proves they are not concerned with the patients but rather with giving barely decent results and making sure the operating rooms are full so they can charge low prices to 8-10 patients per day that are operated on by technicians. 

I would never advise Cinik or any other hairmill to anyone.

I totally agree with you,   although, I went for a new transplant and not a repair,, I didn't even know what the term "repair" meant, yes ... what you say is true ... the surgeon should have told me that in my hairline there were u.f.  doubles that needed to be removed.

Edited by Egy

• Administrators

Turkey is a land mine, few surgeons do good work. I’ve seen good results from Dr. Yaman on this board. Always make sure you choose a doctor based on actual patient reviews. I would also choose the doctor based on their skill and results, as opposed to their price.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr Yaman has several bad results at HRN and other forums.

@Egy and I are recommending the best in Turkey which is HLC and I recommended a rising star in Europe Dr. Bruno Ferreira.  
These are Doctors that perform the whole surgery themselves on just 1 patient per day and have Zero bad results online (only happy patients).

I don’t understand why @Melvin-Moderator would consider someone like Yasmin to be on the same level as the other Doctors we are discussing on this thread because he’s not in the same league as Dr. BF or HLC.

Here’s one of the many examples of Yaman botched HT’s.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Dr Yaman has several bad results at HRN and other forums.

@Egy and I are recommending the best in Turkey which is HLC and I recommended a rising star in Europe Dr. Bruno Ferreira.  
These are Doctors that perform the whole surgery themselves on just 1 patient per day and have Zero bad results online (only happy patients).

I don’t understand why @Melvin-Moderator would consider someone like Yasmin to be on the same level as the other Doctors we are discussing on this thread because he’s not in the same league as Dr. BF or HLC.

Here’s one of the many examples of Yaman botched HT’s.

I have seen good recent results from Yaman, every surgeon has bad results, but the majority of his results here look good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Sijac09 said:

None of those- Dr Demirsoy

@Sijac09 why do you say not to go to HLC or Dr. Bruno Ferreira? Do you have any information on these two doctors that make you believe Demirsoy to be a better option?

Do you know Dr. Demirsoy does up to 4000 grafts per day because he does pre-made slits/holes and then has the tech team do the implatation part of the surgery?
Do you know this means our head will have up to 4000 holes/slits pre-made and open for hours before being implanted with grafts?

Since the holes immediately start to close after being opened this more ancient technique implies wider holes and thus a worst recovery. 
With this older technique Demirsoy can do 4000 grafts per day at 1.25€/graft and still make more money than HLC that are limited to a max 1500 grafts per day due to a more skilled technique called stick&place or Dr. BF that can’t do more than 1800 grafts with DHI.

Please enlighten us on why you advise against the best in Turkey and a rising star in Europe and prefer a Doctor doing pre-made slits with technicians doing part of the surgery?

Thank you