Picking a clinic - Turkey region

Hello all,

I actually had an appointment with Dr. Keser in April but his clinic has asked me to reschedule, but I may not be able to. So I am looking for a different doctor. I'm looking at Turkey region because it is close to me. 

My goal is to restore my hairline, maybe lower it by 2cm, if possible. Also want to restore my receded temples. Of course, I also want to add density to the front mid-scalp region. Crown is not really a concern right now. I'm 48 years old and have been on finasteride/minoxidil for about 7 years or so. Keser quoted me 1500-2000 grafts (he's usually on the low side). I'm anticipating closer to 2500-3000. 

I'm hoping to keep the costs under 3.5 Euro/graft. I'm waiting on quotes from Pekiner and HLC. Any other doctors in the region I should consider? 

wet.jpg

sides.jpg

back-and-top.jpg

I don't think there are any other doctors to consider in that region, especially if you are looking for the doctor to do the entire procedure. Still, I think you should consult with a few more doctors, maybe not in Turkey but around Europe, particularly those that match your budget. One thing I would caution about HLC is their graft estimates are sometimes ridiculous. I consulted with them prior to my second procedure and they recommended 3600 grafts just for the hairline and temples, leaving the midscalp and crown with little to no hair. I had a procedure before so them suggesting I needed 3600 just for the hairline was ridiculous when other doctors were quoting way less. This was also suggested to a couple of others NW V and above on another forum so just be cautious. Don't use up too much grafts now in case they are needed in the future.

• Like 1

Excellent donor.

I would not fill in the temples but instead just work on the areas where there is still hair.  It will look good and age appropriate.  Make the hairline as low as where there is existing hair.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

@MachoVato you pretty much nailed it with regards to Turkey as you are in contact with the 3 best and only options for a elite level surgery.
I don’t recommend any other doctor or clinic in Turkey. 

@JJ1187 is correct in saying HLC quotes a high number of grafts and Pekiner also quoted me 4800 grafts but he ended up only being able to implant 3895 grafts.

Without a consultation in person its really difficult to ascertain the exact number of grafts you need and the amount of grafts that can be extracted from the donor area. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Hairgod said:

Ask yourself what sort of after care you would get

Honestly, you could probably hold off on surgery and use hair loss concealers. Dr. Muresanu of Hattigen always advises to shave your head first, see if you like it. That’s a surgeon with ethics, unlike some of the ones mentioned. Surgery should be last resort.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

51 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, you could probably hold off on surgery and use hair loss concealers. Dr. Muresanu of Hattigen always advises to shave your head first, see if you like it. That’s a surgeon with ethics, unlike some of the ones mentioned. Surgery should be last resort.

Who are the surgeons mentioned in this thread you feel are lacking in ethics?